Alcoa Tornadoes - 2018

BCsportsfan

On 7/15/2018 at 3:21 PM, BCsportsfan said:

OnB......The Cherokees looked as good as any team I watched Saturday. Great QB and WR's! Was sad to hear about the RB moving out of state. Best of luck this season in making another championship run!:cool:

Y'all should know a little something about a potential RB moving out of state.  That combined with a Mr. Football Award Winner being dismissed from the team on the day of the first fall scrimmage.  I know it's Alcoa but I was very impressed with the way they rallied together last year after some tough losses off the field & on the field to begin the season a year ago.  I believe Alcoa has a legitimate shot at running the table and going 15-0 this year.  They return a very loaded nucleus.

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Y'all should know a little something about a potential RB moving out of state.  That combined with a Mr. Football Award Winner being dismissed from the team on the day of the first fall scrimmage.  I know it's Alcoa but I was very impressed with the way they rallied together last year after some tough losses off the field & on the field to begin the season a year ago.  I believe Alcoa has a legitimate shot at running the table and going 15-0 this year.  They return a very loaded nucleus.

Last year was sweet. Heard all the talk about Alcoa being down, how loaded and fast other 3A teams were, etc. but Alcoa, after all the adversity, was able to not only win the gold ball but beat every other 3A team by double digits.  Team really came together at DB game. #23 took the game over and showed his leadership and some freshmen stepped up. You can't replace #23, but hopefully the team as a whole will be better.

15-0 with this schedule will be a huge task. DB (huge school, some great athletes), Maryville ( 6A school and 16 x state champs) Grace (RB will have them new transfers coached up and tough) and going to Kentucky( and everything that comes with it)

Which game(s) are you looking forward to the most? Which player do you think has a breakout season?

47 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Last year was sweet. Heard all the talk about Alcoa being down, how loaded and fast other 3A teams were, etc. but Alcoa, after all the adversity, was able to not only win the gold ball but beat every other 3A team by double digits.  Team really came together at DB game. #23 took the game over and showed his leadership and some freshmen stepped up. You can't replace #23, but hopefully the team as a whole will be better.

15-0 with this schedule will be a huge task. DB (huge school, some great athletes), Maryville ( 6A school and 16 x state champs) Grace (RB will have them new transfers coached up and tough) and going to Kentucky( and everything that comes with it)

Which game(s) are you looking forward to the most? Which player do you think has a breakout season?

The best question to me as it relates to Alcoa football is whether or not Gary Rankin will coach long enough to reach the 500 victories milestone.  If Alcoa wins an average of 13 games per year over the next 7 years that would get him to 500.  Of course if they went 15-0 for 6 consecutive years that would also get him to 500.  I believe that he will definitely coach for 3 more years and that would probably get him to 450 victories as a head coach. It would be a lot for him to continue to coach for another 7+ years in my opinion.

16 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I have already conceded that Alcoa will pass Maryville in championships.  

I think Maryville has one roadblock to a 6A title this year. With maryvilles coaching staff and the explosive athletes they have this year, I wouldn't bet against them in a close game. If it comes down to one play in the playoffs, I'm not betting against the rebs.

59 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

11 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think Maryville has one roadblock to a 6A title this year. With maryvilles coaching staff and the explosive athletes they have this year, I wouldn't bet against them in a close game. If it comes down to one play in the playoffs, I'm not betting against the rebs.

I think it comes down to Three teams in 3A and 6A.

Alcoa, Pearl Cohn, & Covington

Maryville, Whitehaven, & Oakland

13 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Based on spring games,.....I'll start with:

#1,#2,#7,#13,#15,#19,#20,#28,&#98

my thoughts

#1- All state QB, gets lots of attention this year

#2 - finding additional ways to use him this year

#7 - reminds some folks of a shorter McClurg

#13 - really improved as he is learning Nix's system

#12- could be fastest guy on the team, dangerous on offense and defense

#15- maybe the most explosive player on the team with the ball in his hands

#19- will quietly burn folks for deep TDs this year

#20- kind of in the Sam Thompson, Kaleb Cardwell mode. Can do a lot of things very well, great hand eye coordination

#28 - maybe the most noticeable improvement from last year. Great athlete that people may not be ready for this year.

#98- Freak. Potential SEC talent that works crazy hard. Preseason all state as soph.

A couple of more-

#55- really good athlete that consistently does everything right, Preseason All state.

#44- 3 yr starter . Preseason All state 

#21- Another Tyson.

#68- best guard in the state

#6- State championship defensive MVP in '17, great athlete makes plays when in counts on both sides of the ball

#76- 6-5 280 and Strong

#5- benefits from a year in the program, conditioning catching up with athleticism  

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

my thoughts

#1- All state QB, gets lots of attention this year

#2 - finding additional ways to use him this year

#7 - reminds some folks of a shorter McClurg

#13 - really improved as he is learning Nix's system

#12- could be fastest guy on the team, dangerous on offense and defense

#15- maybe the most explosive player on the team with the ball in his hands

#19- will quietly burn folks for deep TDs this year

#20- kind of in the Sam Thompson, Kaleb Cardwell mode. Can do a lot of things very well, great hand eye coordination

#28 - maybe the most noticeable improvement from last year. Great athlete that people may not be ready for this year.

#98- Freak. Potential SEC talent that works crazy hard. Preseason all state as soph.

A couple of more-

#55- really good athlete that consistently does everything right, Preseason All state.

#44- 3 yr starter . Preseason All state 

#21- Another Tyson.

#68- best guard in the state

#6- State championship defensive MVP in '17, great athlete makes plays when in counts on both sides of the ball

#76- 6-5 280 and Strong

#5- benefits from a year in the program, conditioning catching up with athleticism  

Great additions to the list. This team is LOADED!!!

• Like 1