Clarksville City football

CHSFAN1968

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get to some real questions! 

Start with NE how do they look in year 2 with loss of OC and DC and the two prone playmakers loss to graduation?

How does Kenwood fair in year two under under new head coach and full off season under his belt? 

Does west creek continue to get better or do they go back to same old west creek?

Does CHS make it back to the playoff's? I heard last year there we're some unhappy boosters in wildcat land who was asking for the coaches head!

Does coach at northwest keep his job if they have another 1-9 season it seems there's no control and lack of respect between coaches and players and is going on another staff turnover!

Edited by thefootballguru

Sheppy- if you want to help with that TLC send all checks to 151 Richview Rd. We have exhausted all school funds on our complete renovation of the field. Had some sprinkler issues from sprinklers that were installed in the early 90’s. Would love some help with fixing the rough areas though. 

15 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Y'all actually play football up there?  I ask as I have never seen any team from there come down and play ANY team from Rutherford County.

That's a pretty good haul from Clarksville to Rutherford County. Northeast would be a tough out for any team in RuCo and they'd win more than they would lose

10 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Y'all actually play football up there?  I ask as I have never seen any team from there come down and play ANY team from Rutherford County.

A long time ago Clarksville and Murf Central used to play regularly.  Both were area powers along with Springfield.  

18 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

That's a pretty good haul from Clarksville to Rutherford County. Northeast would be a tough out for any team in RuCo and they'd win more than they would lose

It is an hour and a half tops.  Still a lot shorter than for us in Rutherford County going to either Memphis or Maryville.

If Northeast is so tough, let them prove it by scheduling someone like Oakland or R'dale.  You know the two schools that replaced M'boro Central.  I have seen BOTH those schools win the Gold Ball and numerous Silver ones.  I have yet to see a Clarksville team even play in a Gold Ball game.

42 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

It is an hour and a half tops.  Still a lot shorter than for us in Rutherford County going to either Memphis or Maryville.

If Northeast is so tough, let them prove it by scheduling someone like Oakland or R'dale.  You know the two schools that replaced M'boro Central.  I have seen BOTH those schools win the Gold Ball and numerous Silver ones.  I have yet to see a Clarksville team even play in a Gold Ball game.

They scrimmaged Oakland and Blackman in the spring and held their own. Clarksville schools don't get the kind of funding RuCo schools do so a 90 minute trip puts a pretty good dent into their budget

Edited by MidTennFootball

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, FBisLIFE said:

Sheppy- if you want to help with that TLC send all checks to 151 Richview Rd. We have exhausted all school funds on our complete renovation of the field. Had some sprinkler issues from sprinklers that were installed in the early 90’s. Would love some help with fixing the rough areas though. 

See where you are getting a new press box that will probably cost in the neighborhood of $60,000.  That amount of money will buy a ton of Rain Bird sprinkler heads.  Thought someone got a stipend for mowing and field maintenance at all CMCSS high schools.  How much do you need to get the field in good condition?

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

They scrimmaged Oakland and Blackman in the spring and held their own. Clarksville schools don't get the kind of funding RuCo schools do so a 90 minute trip puts a pretty good dent into their budget

Why not the funding?  Every school board where there is a military base gets MAJOR FUNDING from the federal Government.  If they misuse it, it is the school boards fault!  That is the hammer Smyrna held over the Rutherford County board for years as they 'threatened' to declare themselves their own board to get all the money instead of sharing with Ruth Co Board.

Spring scrimmage means NOTHING.  Its when the games are real that separates the players from the pretenders.  Just ask Mt Juliet about it when they faced R'dale in the playoffs last year.