Clarksville City football

CHSFAN1968

8 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Why not the funding?  Every school board where there is a military base gets MAJOR FUNDING from the federal Government.  If they misuse it, it is the school boards fault!  That is the hammer Smyrna held over the Rutherford County board for years as they 'threatened' to declare themselves their own board to get all the money instead of sharing with Ruth Co Board.

Spring scrimmage means NOTHING.  Its when the games are real that separates the players from the pretenders.  Just ask Mt Juliet about it when they faced R'dale in the playoffs last year.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just telling you that it's a constant struggle for programs in that area whereas Oakland and Blackman pretty much get whatever they want. I wouldn't be surprised to see Northeast try to schedule RuCo teams in the next cycle. I believe their HC has RuCo connections

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sheppy said:

LOD,

Ft. Campbell has their own school system, pretty sure that is what you are talking about.  Don't think CMCSS gets MAJOR FUNDING from the federal government.

And FCHS has the only synthetic surface around, other than Austin Peay.

ANY town/county that has a military base in it HAS to report and fill out a 5 by 8 inch card on ANY child with a military connection.  Be it a parent on active or reserve duty or a civilian military employee.  Most of the children educated on base is usually elementary only in the continental US.  What the school system is paid is per child and every school board knows this and goes to great lengths to document any military connected child.  The reason I know so much about them is that I had to have 4 filled out by my parents in just one year!  It was called the Cuban Missile crisis as I was evacuated from Tampa Florida because of it.  Even when I came home to Nashville, the school made sure we filled out one even though no base was in Nashville.  Went from Tampa, Florida to Nashville for a month, then to Montgomery Alabama, then to Fort Walton Beach Florida.  All this in just one school year.

Two years later I got to do 5 separate COUNTRIES in one year!

9 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

ANY town/county that has a military base in it HAS to report and fill out a 5 by 8 inch card on ANY child with a military connection.  Be it a parent on active or reserve duty or a civilian military employee.  Most of the children educated on base is usually elementary only in the continental US.  What the school system is paid is per child and every school board knows this and goes to great lengths to document any military connected child.  The reason I know so much about them is that I had to have 4 filled out by my parents in just one year!  It was called the Cuban Missile crisis as I was evacuated from Tampa Florida because of it.  Even when I came home to Nashville, the school made sure we filled out one even though no base was in Nashville.  Went from Tampa, Florida to Nashville for a month, then to Montgomery Alabama, then to Fort Walton Beach Florida.  All this in just one school year.

Two years later I got to do 5 separate COUNTRIES in one year!

There is no Military base in Clarksville/Montgomery County. The military base is located in Christian County KY & Ft. Campbell is located in KY, not TN. 

Northeast is on the upswing after seeing them 2x in passing leagues this summer. Explosive athletes & a big time QB. I think they will have a very good season 

Edited by DLopez

10 hours ago, DLopez said:

There is no Military base in Clarksville/Montgomery County. The military base is located in Christian County KY & Ft. Campbell is located in KY, not TN. 

Northeast is on the upswing after seeing them 2x in passing leagues this summer. Explosive athletes & a big time QB. I think they will have a very good season 

The majority of the Ft Campbell base ( about 2/3 of the 164  square miles) resides in Tennessee. The post office is in Kentucky

http://fortcampbellcourier.com/news/commentary/article_f1ec4b24-27d6-11df-902b-001cc4c03286.html

CMCSS ( Clarksville Montgomery County school system) receives about 2% Federal impact aid. 

Edited by poppop

10 hours ago, DLopez said:

Fort Campbell is located in Kentucky in much the same way as the Pentagon is located in Washington D.C., by postal address.  The Pentagon is south of the Potamac River, putting it in Virginia. But it has a Washington D.C. zip code. So, it considered to be in D.C. Much of Fort Campbell, and most of the residential zones are actually on the Tennessee side of the border. But the postal address is In Kentucky. So it considered to be in The Bluegrass state. If Fort Campbell is like all of the military bases I’ve ever been to, most of the families actually live off base. There is virtually no residential area in Kentucky right outside of the base when compared to the Tennesseee side. Bottom line, Fort Campbell has an effect on Clarksville high schools. 

Edited by midtnmale

Physical location of the base does not matter.  If the child is in a school, it is the school's board that gets the funds.  For example when my Dad was stationed in Greenland, the school board that I was in Nashville got them.

Also it could be either public or private, as the government does not care.  They pay for the student and not the quality of the education as long as the school maintains the minimum state standards.

Thusly if Clarksville is blowing the funds, it is totally on them as to fault!

On 7/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, FBisLIFE said:

Sheppy- if you want to help with that TLC send all checks to 151 Richview Rd. We have exhausted all school funds on our complete renovation of the field. Had some sprinkler issues from sprinklers that were installed in the early 90’s. Would love some help with fixing the rough areas though. 

FB,

Will the renovations on the field be completed when Springfield plays there August 17?