REGION 5 | 2A

14 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Condolences for the injured kid. It's never a good thing at ANY level when someone's chance to play is taken away by injury. 

Look for CA to make a move to enroll Le'Veon Bell. He's only 26 and can likely pay the tuition without his parents having to sell Nehi's. 

s-l300.jpg   

This was actually funny

25 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

Always hate to hear of a season ending injury. We lost a senior lineman with that same injury prior to the season starting. Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

With their defense, offensive line, and running backs all they have to do is find a kid who can take snaps and hand off and they will be fine. The injured QB was inconsistent in most of the games I watched. He might make a big play with his arms or legs and then two plays later take a big sack or have a turnover. 

Region 5AA Standings

1) Lewis County (5-0)

2) Columbia Academy (3-0)

3) Eagleville (2-1)

4) Forrest (2-3)

5) Loretto (1-2)

6) Community (0-3)

7) Summertown (0-4)

Region 5AA Playoff Watch

Both Lewis County and Columbia Academy are in, seeding can vary for both depending on the last 3 weeks of games. LC, mathematically, could end up 1 through 3, CA could, mathematically, end up 1-4.

Eagleville must win 1 of their final 3 to be guaranteed in.

Forrest must win their lone remaining region game to be in for certain, but even 3-3 might not be enough if certain scenarios play out.

Loretto could still get in to the playoffs winning at least 2 of their remaining 3, if certain scenarios play out.

Community could get in by running the table the next 3 weeks, if certain scenarios play out.

Summertown is out regardless of what they do in their final 2 region games.

Region 5AA Schedule for Week 8

#4 Columbia Academy (6-1, 3-0) @ Eagleville (5-2, 2-1)

Community (1-6, 0-3) @ Loretto (3-4, 1-2) 

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) off

#7 Lewis County (6-1, 5-0) vs. 7AAAA Obion County Central (3-5, 1-2) at Bethel University

Summertown (2-5, 0-4) off

Columbia Academy (#4) and Lewis County (#7) in current AP Top 10 

#4 Columbia Academy (6-1, 3-0) was handed their first loss of the season at the hands of Div. II-AA Franklin Road Academy 43-14, a loss that cost more than an unblemished record as the Bulldogs lost their starting quarterback. This week the Bulldogs return to region action as they start a 3-week run of region matchups with a trip to Eagleville (5-2, 2-1). The Eagles come in riding a 3-game win streak and off a bye week to host the Bulldogs. Last year, the Bulldogs won a 26-21 game in Columbia, and this game could prove to be a close one as well with 2 offenses that can put points on the board. CA leads this series all-time 3-1.

Community (1-6, 0-3) was on the receiving end of another beat-down last week, this time courtesy of Lewis County. The Vikings travel to Loretto (3-4, 1-2), who saw their 3-game win streak snapped last week as Forrest righted the ship for the night. The Vikings are still looking for their 1st region win of ’18, and Friday starts a 3-game stretch of Region 5AA opponents to close out the season. This is the second meeting all time between the two teams, and the Vikings won last years matchup. The Mustangs had shown improvement over their 3-game win streak and could be in line to pick up their second region win against a banged-up Viking squad.

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) picked up a much-needed region win last week at Loretto, and will have the week off to prepare for a non-region matchup with Cascade next week

#7 Lewis County (6-1, 5-0) dominated Community last week, with most starters out of the game before halftime. This week begins a stretch of 3 games over 7 days, as the Panthers travel to McKenzie to play Region 7AAAA Obion County Central at Bethel University. The Panthers made the trip last year and picked up a 49-24 win and hope to have the same success this week. The Rebels come in winners of three straight games and are in contention for a playoff spot. The Panthers need another opportunity to rest key positions as much as possible, with big rivalry game Monday against 6AA Hickman County and possibly having the Region 5AA championship on the line next Friday at Columbia Academy.

Summertown (3-5, 0-4) Picked up a big non-region game at Mount Pleasant last week and get this week off to prepare for region matchups with Community and Eagleville to close out the season.

Edited by TheStuff
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheStuff said:

Region 5AA Standings

1) Lewis County (5-0)

2) Columbia Academy (3-0)

3) Eagleville (2-1)

4) Forrest (2-3)

5) Loretto (1-2)

6) Community (0-3)

7) Summertown (0-4)

Region 5AA Playoff Watch

Both Lewis County and Columbia Academy are in, seeding can vary for both depending on the last 3 weeks of games. LC, mathematically, could end up 1 through 3, CA could, mathematically, end up 1-4.

Eagleville must win 1 of their final 3 to be guaranteed in.

Forrest must win their lone remaining region game to be in for certain, but even 3-3 might not be enough if certain scenarios play out.

Loretto could still get in to the playoffs winning at least 2 of their remaining 3, if certain scenarios play out.

Community could get in by running the table the next 3 weeks, if certain scenarios play out.

Summertown is out regardless of what they do in their final 2 region games.

Region 5AA Schedule for Week 8

#4 Columbia Academy (6-1, 3-0) @ Eagleville (5-2, 2-1)

Community (1-6, 0-3) @ Loretto (3-4, 1-2) 

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) off

#7 Lewis County (6-1, 5-0) vs. 7AAAA Obion County Central (3-5, 1-2) at Bethel University

Summertown (2-5, 0-4) off

Columbia Academy (#2) and Lewis County (#7) in current AP Top 10 

#2 Columbia Academy (6-1, 3-0) was handed their first loss of the season at the hands of Div. II-AA Franklin Road Academy 43-14, a loss that cost more than an unblemished record as the Bulldogs lost their starting quarterback. This week the Bulldogs return to region action as they start a 3-week run of region matchups with a trip to Eagleville (5-2, 2-1). The Eagles come in riding a 3-game win streak and off a bye week to host the Bulldogs. Last year, the Bulldogs won a 26-21 game in Columbia, and this game could prove to be a close one as well with 2 offenses that can put points on the board. CA leads this series all-time 3-1.

Community (1-6, 0-3) was on the receiving end of another beat-down last week, this time courtesy of Lewis County. The Vikings travel to Loretto (3-4, 1-2), who saw their 3-game win streak snapped last week as Forrest righted the ship for the night. The Vikings are still looking for their 1st region win of ’18, and Friday starts a 3-game stretch of Region 5AA opponents to close out the season. This is the second meeting all time between the two teams, and the Vikings won last years matchup. The Mustangs had shown improvement over their 3-game win streak and could be in line to pick up their second region win against a banged-up Viking squad.

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) picked up a much-needed region win last week at Loretto, and will have the week off to prepare for a non-region matchup with Cascade next week

#7 Lewis County (6-1, 5-0) dominated Community last week, with most starters out of the game before halftime. This week begins a stretch of 3 games over 7 days, as the Panthers travel to McKenzie to play Region 7AAAA Obion County Central at Bethel University. The Panthers made the trip last year and picked up a 49-24 win and hope to have the same success this week. The Rebels come in winners of three straight games and are in contention for a playoff spot. The Panthers need another opportunity to rest key positions as much as possible, with big rivalry game Monday against 6AA Hickman County and possibly having the Region 5AA championship on the line next Friday at Columbia Academy.

Summertown (3-5, 0-4) Picked up a big non-region game at Mount Pleasant last week and get this week off to prepare for region matchups with Community and Eagleville to close out the season.

Great writing Stuff! I always enjoy your post