REGION 5 | 2A

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea because you have seen waverly this yr right?

Yea if we lost Gavin it would be a big blow to us for sure. 

Either way see ya soon unless you play Riverside!

And you’ve seen CA right? LMBO. Well see y’all in Waverly in about a month and a half. Don’t get too cocky though or you’ll be sitting at home for the semis two years in a row

Region 5AA Standings

1) Lewis County (5-0)

2) Columbia Academy (4-0)

3) Eagleville (2-2)

3) Loretto (2-2)

5) Forrest (2-3)

6) Community (0-4)

7) Summertown (0-4)

Region 5AA Playoff Watch

Lewis County will be the #1 seed for the playoffs with a win at Columbia Academy. A loss to CA makes LC the #2 seed.

Columbia Academy will be the #1 seed with a win against Lewis County. A Columbia Academy loss to LC and win against Loretto would make CA the #2 seed. Losses to LC and Loretto makes CA the #3 seed.

Eagleville will be the #3 seed with a win against either Loretto or Summertown or wins against both. A loss to Loretto would bump Eagleville to 4th seed.

Forrest must win their lone remaining region game against Community to have a chance at the #4 seed. Forrest would need Loretto to lose at least 1 of their final 2 games to secure the #4 spot.

Loretto holds the most power in determining the playoff seeding outside the #1 spot.. As unlikely as it is, Loretto can secure the #2 seed, the #3 seed, or be outside the top 4 entirely.

Community and Summertown are out of the playoff picture but could impact other seeds with any win.

Region 5AA Schedule for Week 10

#4 Columbia Academy (7-1, 4-0) vs. #7 Lewis County (7-1, 5-0)

Community (1-7, 0-4) @ Summertown (3-5, 0-4) 

Eagleville (5-3, 2-2) vs. Loretto (4-4, 2-2)

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) vs. 4AA Cascade (3-5, 1-3)

#7 Lewis County (7-1, 5-0) vs. 6AA Hickman County (5-2, 3-1) on Monday night.

Columbia Academy (#2) and Lewis County (#7) in current AP Top 10 

Lewis County (7-1, 5-0) had little trouble as they dominated region 7AAAA Obion County Central at Bethel University and now turn their sights to bitter rival Hickman County (4-1, 2-0) in the “Battle for the Brown Jug” in Hohenwald. This game is the continuation of the Week 6 game between the two teams that Mother Nature interrupted, teams waited 2 hours to get on the field, only to have the game suspended. The leadup to the finish of this game has been heated on both sides and could add to the storied rivalry. The Panthers are 12-5 since 2000 against the Bulldogs and have won 3 straight by an average score of 46-10. Hickman County comes into the Lewis County game 4-1 as they did last year. This is the Panthers second game of a stretch of 3 games in 7 days. If the weather allows it, the Panthers should roll again this year and keep the Jug.

#2 Columbia Academy (7-1, 4-0) continued their region dominance with a win over Eagleville. Dealing with the injury bug, the Bulldogs limited the high-powered Eagle offense and pulled away in the second half to win 21-7. This week will be the Region 5AA Championship game as Lewis County (7-1, 5-0) comes to town. The Panthers will be playing their 3rd game in a week, and this game holds the weight of seeding for the playoffs. The Bulldogs have won 32 straight regional matchups, the Panthers are 12-1 in games with regional opponents over their last 13, the lone loss to CA. Winner secures the top seed in 5AA.

Community (1-7, 0-4) dropped their 5th straight game of 2018, and their 5th straight region game dating back to last season, and this week are on the road again as they travel to Summertown (3-5, 0-4).  The Eagles shocked 5A Mt. Pleasant two weeks ago and had the off week to prepare for an opportunity for their first region win of the season. The Eagles are 1-9 in region games over the last 2 seasons, and the Vikings last region win came a year ago against Summertown. This game has absolutely no implications on playoff seedings, but neither team wants to go winless in region play.

Eagleville (5-3, 2-2) was knocked out of their shot at the top spot in 5AAn last week with their loss to Columbia Academy. The Eagles can hem up the #3 seed with a win against Loretto (4-4, 2-2). Eagleville’s 3 losses have all been to ranked opponents (Cornersville in 1A, Lewis County, and Columbia Academy) and their offense has potential to put a lot of points on the board. The Mustangs have won 4 of their last 5 and have won more games this season than they have in a season since 2013. If the Mustangs can pull off an upset here they keep their playoff hopes alive.

Forrest (3-5, 2-3) is coming off a bye week to host 4AA Cascade (3-5, 1-3). The Rockets handled the Champions in this game last year, but they have not shown much consistency in 2018. They have one common opponent on the season, Watertown, and both teams were manhandled in their game. The lack of an identity has been an issue for the Rockets and this game presents an opportunity for them to build up to end the season and prepare for a potential postseason game.

11 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I tell you what when you come to waverly why dont I show you what being embarrassed is "BUD"! You guys still have yet to prove anything. Last week you played a team that finally had some talent and you lost. I think the poll thing has gone to your head. 

Go easy on them, they played a team that recruits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, GeneralAmerigha said:

Loretto holds the most power in determining the playoff seeding outside the #1 spot.. As unlikely as it is, Loretto can secure the #2 seed, the #3 seed, or be outside the top 4 entirely.

C'mon Stuff. Loretto's last two games are Eagleville and CA, and they aren't winning either.  

Never said I expected it to happen, but not leaving out any scenario. 

22 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

C'mon Stuff. Loretto's last two games are Eagleville and CA, and they aren't winning either.  

NEVER underestimate an opponent...Virginia Tech wasn't supposed to lose to Old Dominion a few weeks back.

34 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Ok if Cobb's car breaks down on the way to the game Loretto has a chance. 

It wouldn't take that much of an extreme. I feel pretty good about the game, and yes we should win it, I'm just acknowledging that upsets do happen. I hope the CA game is out of our heads, we've moved on, and are ready to play.