2018 Season

TeeterTot

Blackman looked REALLY good. Given the earlier conversation about Siegel's injury issues, I think they may have a shot at that District.

Lebanon will challenge for their region.

I think Williamson County teams have regressed a bit back towards the pack. This is probably temporary... perhaps a factor of the 2019 and 2020 classes not quite as strong as previous years. Younger Williamson County kids (like those at Brentwood) are getting a lot of good, early experience at the varsity level.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Lebanon play and agree they do look pretty good.  Not sure who the lefty for Brentwood is?  I still think that Brentwood will fairly easily win it.  Their setting/serving and defense is so freaking good.  So they will have a Soph and a Freshman on the outside.  That will be interesting.   I hope you are right about blackman, they have been mostly bad for about 15 years.   Which I cannot understand. They have good enough coaching, they just don't have the talent in Murfreesboro for some reason.   

I can't believe there was another preseason event this weekend. Some teams have played entire an entire season's worth of matches already, with the official start of the season slated for tomorrow.

That said, anything interesting in the Brentwood Blastoff yesterday?

17 hours ago, Osage said:

I can't believe there was another preseason event this weekend. Some teams have played entire an entire season's worth of matches already, with the official start of the season slated for tomorrow.

That said, anything interesting in the Brentwood Blastoff yesterday?

yes, there has already been a seasons worth of volleyball.  I was looking forward to two games Saturday, Brentwood/Siegel and Brentwood/Briarcrest. 

The Brentwood/Siegel game was good early till Brentwood turned it on and won 25-15, 25-16.  

Brentwood/Briarcrest was a heavyweight battle with tons on D1 talent on the court. Briarcrest took a 22-15 lead in the first set but Brentwood came back for a 26-24.  Brentwood won the second set 25-20.  The Alabama signee from Briarcrest is a beast.  She can kill the ball.  The freshman for Brentwood is the real deal, she played big against Briarcrest.  Shaye could be the best outside hitter in the state, she proved it saturday. 

The regular season starts this week......Good luck to all the ladies and praying for a healthy season for all. 

1 hour ago, clifford20 said:

who is the Brentwood freshman? I agree about Shay.  Real deal.  The drubbing of Siegel is disappointing.  Was hoping they could compete with them.   Can't wait to see how the top 4 of WILCO plays out.

My prediction is 1) Brentwood 2) Page 3) Ravenwood 4)Summit with Indy giving Summit a battle for 4th.

Per the Brentwood roster on Coach T:  

33 Hollye Tate RSH 5'11   Fr.

Rough Day 1 for Williamson County... Independence lost to Dickson County, Summit lost to Lebanon... Franklin played up in White House, but I can't find a result for that.

I think Brentwood and Siegel play tomorrow, that could be fun.

Based on preseason play (and they played a lot), I would be surprised if Page is in the mix to advance out of District in October. They were pretty one-dimensional in their preseason tournaments. They have some good pieces to work with in addition to their workhorse: very good libero, good setting, good second middle. 

I think Ravenwood joins Brentwood again this year. They have maybe 10 kids who would start for any other team in the District, a lot of mix and match / plug and play pieces, and an outstanding coach. If not Ravenwood, it wouldn't surprise me if Indy comes out next, they have good size, 2 or 3 D1 kids, including an outstanding libero. Avri is good enough to win games all by herself for Summit, which makes them good enough to win on any given night.

I am blown away that Indy lost to Dickson County.  That is a bad loss no matter how you shake it. Indy Should NEVER lose to them.  I am not as surprised as the Lebanon loss (for summit).  I saw them earlier this year and they really are pretty good.  They are coached well and run a quick offense.   It will easily be Ravenwood and Brentwood IMO.  I think Summit will develop.  They have a good libero and a good block up front.  Don't know much about their coach--coaching matters in that district...a lot. 

As I recall, the Summit coach is not well-liked. Which means nothing, of course. Russ Rose and John Cook are not well-liked either, but I don't think they, nor their administration, nor even the players care much.

That said, this will be a telling season for him. He has (arguably) one of the top players in the state and a very, very good supporting cast.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:07 AM, clifford20 said:

I am blown away that Indy lost to Dickson County.  That is a bad loss no matter how you shake it. Indy Should NEVER lose to them.  I am not as surprised as the Lebanon loss (for summit).  I saw them earlier this year and they really are pretty good.  They are coached well and run a quick offense.   It will easily be Ravenwood and Brentwood IMO.  I think Summit will develop.  They have a good libero and a good block up front.  Don't know much about their coach--coaching matters in that district...a lot. 

Tonight: Dickson Co. 3 Summit 1 - Guess that's a really bad loss for Summit too... ;-)