2018 Season

TeeterTot

I can remember a few years ago we would do tournaments from 9:00 AM and the finals would be around 6:00.  Granted, you have some down time and it is 2/3, but still too much I think.   We used to play Tues and Thurs primarily, and now because the season was shortened some you play at least 3 days a week too.   Maybe I am wrong.  But it's just seems like an awful lot.   We would lose kids after their sophomore year a lot cause they were tired (and they were getting the driver license too). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Brentwood win their Florida tournament?

Strength of east and west TN is in the private schools this year. Briarcrest and Webb, and maybe Baylor are all better than their Middle TN counterparts. I think the private school state brackets are going to be a lot more interesting to watch this year than the public school ones. Dobyns-Bennett and Houston will probably make it to Murfreesboro, and have a chance to win a game or 2, but Brentwood is in their own class.

4 minutes ago, Osage said:

Did Brentwood win their Florida tournament?

Strength of east and west TN is in the private schools this year. Briarcrest and Webb, and maybe Baylor are all better than their Middle TN counterparts. I think the private school state brackets are going to be a lot more interesting to watch this year than the public school ones. Dobyns-Bennett and Houston will probably make it to Murfreesboro, and have a chance to win a game or 2, but Brentwood is in their own class.

Brentwood did win the Florida tournament.  Briarcrest is very good.  Brentwood beat them in a epic game during the pre-season play days and they came close to playing each other in the Alabama tournament until the defending 7A AL champs eliminated them then Brentwood in the finals.  Physically, Houston looked intimidating in pre-season so I assumed they would make waves out west.

46 minutes ago, Osage said:

Congrats to Siegel who, despite key injuries, went undefeated in District play for the umpteenth time in a row. I was wrong about Blackman potentially challenging them.

I could be wrong but I believe Siegel has played in just as many out of town tournys this year as any other school in the state.  It all goes back to how your team is built

Brentwood lost to Briarcrest in the championship game in three sets over the weekend at the Southern Invitational in Atlanta this weekend.  If these two teams played 10 times, they could easily play 30 sets of volleyball and split the wins.  So evenly matched but Briarcrest was better Saturday, kudos to them.

Strong field from 4 states, a couple undefeated teams (have not even lost a set) received their first "L" of the season.  Good luck to all the teams and girls on their state run.

Wondering if anyone here can clear up the state tournament dates. 

On TSSAA.org, the calendar calls out the dates of the Vball state tournament as Wed thru Friday, Oct 17-19 http://tssaa.org/wp-content/uploads/SportsCalendar/2018VBCalendar.pdf

The following link states the tournament will be held Tue thru Thur, Oct 16-18, http://tssaa.org/information-for-girls-volleyball-teams-participating-in-the-state-tournament/

Thanks in advance for your help.

Listen, Summit can play.  They are weak in the setter position, but I feel like they have as much talent as any of the other teams (not BHS).   They have a really good Lib, a dominate hitter, a dominate blocker. 

I honestly cannot understand what the coach is doing 90% of the time, but they have enough talent.  Would have been fun to see that match.  Who won the Indy match?

2 hours ago, clifford20 said:

Listen, Summit can play.  They are weak in the setter position, but I feel like they have as much talent as any of the other teams (not BHS).   They have a really good Lib, a dominate hitter, a dominate blocker. 

I honestly cannot understand what the coach is doing 90% of the time, but they have enough talent.  Would have been fun to see that match.  Who won the Indy match?

Indy won.  Brentwood v Indy and Ravenwood v Summit tonight.  Winners play at 7:30ish.