REGION 3 - 5 A

Not sure if we want a folder for our Region 3 - 5A since I have only seen Oak Ridge and Clinton fans posting recently. We'll see if people post on here.

Tentative Top 5 in Region 3 - 5A 

1. Fulton

1. Oak Ridge

3, Campbell County

4. Knoxville West

5. Clinton

The Region Champion will probably be decided on the last day of the season when Fulton visit Oak Ridge on Thursday Rivalry Night.

48 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Not sure if we want a folder for our Region 3 - 5A since I have only seen Oak Ridge and Clinton fans posting recently. We'll see if people post on here.

Tentative Top 5 in Region 3 - 5A 

1. Fulton

1. Oak Ridge

3, Campbell County

4. Knoxville West

5. Clinton

The Region Champion will probably be decided on the last day of the season when Fulton visit Oak Ridge on Thursday Rivalry Night.

You've got 2 number ones????  

1. Fulton

2. Oak Ridge

3. Knoxville West

4. Campbell County

5. Clinton

1 hour ago, FreeAgent11 said:

You've got 2 number ones????  

1. Fulton

2. Oak Ridge

3. Knoxville West

4. Campbell County

5. Clinton

As a Wildcat fan, I want to pick them # 1 but we have a lot of questions in both the OL/DL that I just can't put us at #1. Both teams are loaded with athletes and I truly believe one will upset Catholic and win State.

Catholic is a beast up front on both sides of the ball and has been crazy killing their spring opponents and 7 - on 7 foes. They should be ranked #1 in the polls on day 1. They will loose a game or two in the regular season to be replaced by a Middle Tennessee team. But they will be the real # 1 when the playoffs start. Look at the Irish schedule, they play MARYVILLE, BAYLOR, BRENTWOOD ACADEMY, CLEVELAND, RHEA COUNTY and sometimes tough Soddy Daisy. I feel REAL bad for West Green who will be crushed by the Irish.

If Fulton or OR is able to beat Catholic in the playoffs it will be an upset.

• Like 1

Right now, I'd have to go with...

1. Fulton

2. Oak Ridge

3. West

4. Clinton

5. Campbell Co.

After the summer scrimmages, I may change my order.

If Graham for OR has the kind of season I believe he's going to have, OR is going to be hard to beat. I don't know what happened to Graham last year, but I expect him to make up for it this year. 

Can't wait to see some football!! Good luck to everyone on a safe and successful season.

If I remember right, Jordan got hurt in track in his sophomore year.  He never really healed from that injury and added some more bumps and bruises during the season last year. Two other things people pointed out last year is that teams focused on stopping Jordan and at times he was used as a decoy.

This is a new year and I agree I expect him to do very well.

15 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Good luck to everyone in the region, and here's to Matt Lowe recapturing some glory at Powell. I'm not expecting too much this year, but the cupboard certainly isn't bare.

I agree. Matt has a way of building programs. If you can win at Kings Academy, you can win anywhere imo.

Heard Coach Duncan (SD) on radio interview yesterday, he made the comment that 5A football in the Knoxville area this year could be the best and most competitive it has been in a long time. I think that barring injury, SD and Central can compete with Region 3, but only time will tell. Both teams should be pretty good! But from top to bottom, Region 3 has to be one of the strongest region in the state, regardless of classification. 

18 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Heard Coach Duncan (SD) on radio interview yesterday, he made the comment that 5A football in the Knoxville area this year could be the best and most competitive it has been in a long time. I think that barring injury, SD and Central can compete with Region 3, but only time will tell. Both teams should be pretty good! But from top to bottom, Region 3 has to be one of the strongest region in the state, regardless of classification. 

If you look at Region 3-5A we have...

Campbell Co, Clinton, Fulton, Karns, Oak Ridge, Powell, and West.

I believe Campbell Co takes another step backwards this year bc they lost some very good players to graduation last year.

Clinton should take another step or two forward this year.

Fulton in my opinion is the team to beat in this region. 

Karns has some good skill players, but their offensive line won't be as good this year as they were last year and could very well be their weakness. 

Oak Ridge has speed and toughness especially on defense. But OR has alot of questions early on with their Offensive Line. I'm sure they'll get everything worked out there, they usually do.

Powell will always be a threat with Lowe in charge. It might not be this year or next, but Powell will be back at the top of the region in a few years.

West is always a better than average team. They have the skill players and usually size to compete with anyone. Their defense carried them last year. If they can get their offense rolling, they'll be a hard team to beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

If you look at Region 3-5A we have...

Campbell Co, Clinton, Fulton, Karns, Oak Ridge, Powell, and West.

I believe Campbell Co takes another step backwards this year bc they lost some very good players to graduation last year.

Clinton should take another step or two forward this year.

Fulton in my opinion is the team to beat in this region. 

Karns has some good skill players, but their offensive line won't be as good this year as they were last year and could very well be their weakness. 

Oak Ridge has speed and toughness especially on defense. But OR has alot of questions early on with their Offensive Line. I'm sure they'll get everything worked out there, they usually do.

Powell will always be a threat with Lowe in charge. It might not be this year or next, but Powell will be back at the top of the region in a few years.

West is always a better than average team. They have the skill players and usually size to compete with anyone. Their defense carried them last year. If they can get their offense rolling, they'll be a hard team to beat.

92 Dragon a well thought out message. I am surprised you think Campbell County will take a step back just because I have a lot of respect for the coaches, I saw a story on one off the Knoxville TV channels about one of your new coaches and he had a lot of nice things to say about the Dragons. I also saw in the interview the Indoor Facility you all have. Dang, I wish Oak Ridge had that. Good luck this season Clinton. 

5 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

92 Dragon a well thought out message. I am surprised you think Campbell County will take a step back just because I have a lot of respect for the coaches, I saw a story on one off the Knoxville TV channels about one of your new coaches and he had a lot of nice things to say about the Dragons. I also saw in the interview the Indoor Facility you all have. Dang, I wish Oak Ridge had that. Good luck this season Clinton. 

I respect their coaches. I just believe losing their qb and top 2 receivers is going to hurt them. CC finished 7-4 last year with those guys....I'll be very surprised if they finish with a better record than that this year. But I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see.

Yes I'm very impressed with our newest coach Cortez. McKamey is putting together a solid coaching staff up there with top of the notch facilities. All this should start paying off sooner than later.