Never too early...AAA Predictions

Gr8bballfan

18 hours ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Who’s you top 10 preseason pics?  Possibly the most wide-open AAA has been in a while.

1) Houston

2) Bradley Central

3) Riverdale

4) Bearden

5) Arlington

6) Lebanon

7) Blackman

8) Maryville

9) East Hamilton

10) Stone Memorial

Lebanon is not even the best team in their district?? Probably third in the district actually

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Sub-state team last year.... return almost everything from that team...

You can take this for what it's worth as well... Lebanon beat Blackman and Riverdale in team camps this summer...

Looks like a pretty good list to me. Lots of Hatin on Lebanon. Not sure why?

East Hamilton has good talent. Could make some noise in our area. Bradley lost the best player in the State, but always seem to be in the mix. Seems strange to see Riverdale in any spot other than the top? Does summer camp ball count? How did other schools look over the summer?

I saw Arlington and Houston at East Ham last year. Lots of serious talent on both.

Summer and Exposure ball is winding down and High School ball is right around the corner.......

What is your top 10 GCPioneer? Is AAA really "wide open?"

11 hours ago, chattaauhoops said:

East Hamilton has good talent. Could make some noise in our area. Bradley lost the best player in the State, but always seem to be in the mix. Seems strange to see Riverdale in any spot other than the top? Does summer camp ball count? How did other schools look over the summer?

I saw Arlington and Houston at East Ham last year. Lots of serious talent on both.

Summer and Exposure ball is winding down and High School ball is right around the corner.......

East Hamilton has a really good chance to go to state this year, really good team... Bradley Central is really good as well despite losing Howard.

I would say AAA is more wide open than years past, but Riverdale is still going to be tough to beat when it comes down to it... a little more beatable? Yes.... but you still have 3 Hayes sisters to deal with...

I figure if anyone is going to beat them when it matters, it will be Houston. They return a lot from last year, and sense that they will be even better this year.

I posted a top 10 for each classificiation on Twitter earlier in the summer... @tlownsdale on Twitter

Edited by GCPioneer

On 8/14/2018 at 8:01 AM, GCPioneer said:

You can take this for what it's worth as well... Lebanon beat Blackman and Riverdale in team camps this summer...

On 8/14/2018 at 8:26 PM, chattaauhoops said:

a sub state team YES...BUT you have to look at the body of work of how they got there...They lost 4 of their last 6 games the closest won being 6 points. Their 2 wins one came against an on and off wilson central team who scored 25 point I think in that game, I would call that off. The other win came against the other district that is far more inferior than this district. All 4 teams in the Region came from this district so...They also went 1-5 against the 2 teams (Mt Juliet and Beech who also return the core members from last years teams MJ sophs and JRs BEECH JRs and SRs I believe) I have picked over them, that one win was a 2 point victory at home vs MJ...the other games against MJ 4,6,8 point losses respectively, BUT they took two 10 point and a 30 point drumming by beech last year...I never just spit things off without having an idea of why I say them, 1-5 against 2 teams in your own district which is why I said they wouldnt win the district this year. DEFINITELY not the 6th best team in AAA. If they come out and win the district I will be the first to tell you great pick!! Just dont see that happening.

Also team camps mean dont mean much. Most of the best players dont play or they arent playing hard because they dont want to get hurt for AAU season. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, GCPioneer said:

Summer camps are a joke. Let's be honest. Who plays 6 games in two days and still plays with maximum effort?

• 1 month later...