Region 5-4A 2018

JacketLover

16 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

Well I guess you just need to get better then lol.

In all seriousness though it’s obvious Springfield has the best athletes in this region.  But that doesn’t always guarantee you a win and last year is a perfect example.  Even with injuries y’all had better athletes.  White House just wanted that game more and it was obvious.  

Springfield SHOULD win the region, but we’ll see what happens.  

My phone cut off.  I will try and finish what I started.  "We don't need luck, what we need is to play up to our potential each week."

On 8/13/2018 at 5:40 AM, Mason3132 said:

I believe the Jackets will win the region with ease.Im a Portland fan here and I really believe we’re getting overlooked. I’m not saying we will push for the region title but I think we will be fighting for 3rd in the region. We have a couple of special players on this team and if they can stay healthy we might be in for a good season. Kobe Dutcher #26 is one of the most physical kids I have ever seen play this game. He has had a major injury every season. Every time you tackle him or he tackles you there will be pain. Also the QB has a chance to be special 6 foot 2 235 lbs can run and throw. If we could find any type of offensive line we could be pretty good team. The defense lost 2 starters last year and they were very good all year besides when we played the athletes at Springfield.

Its time for Portland to come back around. Had a good program there for several years. I would love to see the panthers back in the hunt. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, bigdawgtn said:

Its time for Portland to come back around. Had a good program there for several years. I would love to see the panthers back in the hunt. 

You and me both, my friend. It's time for the Panthers to start winning consistently again. Oh, I remember those winning days well.

• 2 weeks later...

Region play cranks up this week. Everyone is playing each other with White House being the only team not playing a region opponent. The Portland-Montgomery Central and Greenbrier-Creekwood games should tell us a little about how things may go this year. The region looks to be a little stronger this year than some may have thought going into the season. 

6 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Region play cranks up this week. Everyone is playing each other with White House being the only team not playing a region opponent. The Portland-Montgomery Central and Greenbrier-Creekwood games should tell us a little about how things may go this year. The region looks to be a little stronger this year than some may have thought going into the season. 

I am ready for some region action

4 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Same.  I’m dying for WH to play Springfield just so I can see how good we are.  This schedule is killing me.  

at this point i am not sure springfield is a good measuring stick. I am hoping they can find some linebackers and corners..and take some ivs before the game. Have never seen cramping issue this bad

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

at this point i am not sure springfield is a good measuring stick. I am hoping they can find some linebackers and corners..and take some ivs before the game. Have never seen cramping issue this bad

Any team is a better measuring stick than Glencliff.  That was the worst team I’ve ever seen.  East Robertson would easily beat them.  

I have watched Montgomery Central on Hudl for 2 games and if they play the way the did against Kenwood it will be very difficult for anyone to score on them.

Went and watched Greenbrier Vs West Creek Friday night and there was 0 defense in that game. Greenbrier line isn’t as dominant as it has been the last two years but the 2 rbs they have are dynamic. Kenwood beat Greenbrier by 20 and could only muster a score on a block punt vs MC. MC is the dark horse in all of this I think.

Obviously I have watched both of Portland’s games and was impressed with the offense. We still need work in certain areas on Def. Hopefully next week getting 2 starters back from injury will help.

After 2 weeks of no regional games I say

1 Springfield

2a White House( Just don’t know enough yet because they haven’t played anyone with a pulse)

2b Portland 

2c MC these guys are really good on def

5. Creekwood haven’t watched them play 1 play all year

6 GB just lost to much from last year up front

7. WHH