Grundy football and new coach

Indian

13 hours ago, Indian said:

Feel free to add to the post. Things out of line won't be permitted. If you think it may be overboard, it is. Thanks. 

I think this has been discussed enough. The topic now should be is this guy an interim coach or is he permanent(until fired). I would also like to know what they are paying him. Fair enough?

9 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Being a great player and spending time in the NFL means very little to being a good coach. There are too many examples to list of NFL players that have been a bust when it comes to coaching. Ask Crockett County about it. I wish the coach well but he's facing a mountain to climb out of.

Been reading the TFP and of course they are trying to make it some sort of social statement which to me doesn't belong in the equation simply because it should be an issue of is he a competent coach. They even mentioned something about 2 Confederate flags flying near the school. That kind of thing cheapens this hire...not the guy's skin tone. I got the idea they(TFP) were trying to demean and mock the good people of Grundy Co. Just media trying to stir the pot. Uncalled for.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Being a great player and spending time in the NFL means very little to being a good coach. There are too many examples to list of NFL players that have been a bust when it comes to coaching. Ask Crockett County about it. I wish the coach well but he's facing a mountain to climb out of.

No pun intended?

8 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I think you mean David Crockett HS in east TN. Crockett Co. HS in west TN has never had an nfl player as a coach.