Grundy football and new coach

Indian

19 hours ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

Good luck Grundy, hope y’all can get everything back on track and start winning and compete in our region.

Well it looks like we finally have our football program headed in the right direction. I have heard nothing but good things. I also hear good things are in the works for our baseball program too. I hope it’s true, if it is it’s time to take it to the next level also. Things are finally looking up for the benefit of our children!! Go Big Grundy! 

5 hours ago, BamaRules said:

Well it looks like we finally have our football program headed in the right direction. I have heard nothing but good things. I also hear good things are in the works for our baseball program too. I hope it’s true, if it is it’s time to take it to the next level also. Things are finally looking up for the benefit of our children!! Go Big Grundy! 

Help me understand this. Your last baseball coach, who won over 120 games in six seasons there, has over 350 wins in his career, has taken two different programs from relative mediocrity to the TSSAA state tournament, is highly respected across the state among his peers, and leaves an undeniable, lasting impact on his players - he leaves because he can’t subject himself to the moral crimes afoot. And you think you are going to do better? This wasn’t good enough for the almighty Grundy County? What quality, respectable coach would subject themselves to that atmosphere? Perhaps the folks on their high horses up in Grundy shouldnt have been so occupied looking for things they thought they didn’t have and respected and appreciated the good things already in place. Your baseball program, unfortunately, will gradually return to sub-mediocrity - where it was when coach Jones arrived. The only reason it might take a year or two to get there is because of infrastructure he had in place. Enjoy sleeping in that bed you’ve made. 

Edited by jpeterson

Coach Jones would still be at Grundy if he hadn’t started helping football. Unfortunately he bought into what Tate was selling and it costed him. But on another note, I’m not sure how many games Grundy will win this year but regardless of record I hope that our county or school does something to honor the dedication of Ethan Nunley. He has stayed the course and when his fellow seniors left Grundy, he never waived. In my opinion he will go down as one of my all time favorite Jackets. Thank you young man!!!!!

7 minutes ago, BrownBag said:

Coach Jones would still be at Grundy if he hadn’t started helping football. Unfortunately he bought into what Tate was selling and it costed him. But on another note, I’m not sure how many games Grundy will win this year but regardless of record I hope that our county or school does something to honor the dedication of Ethan Nunley. He has stayed the course and when his fellow seniors left Grundy, he never waived. In my opinion he will go down as one of my all time favorite Jackets. Thank you young man!!!!!

The kid has grit, he’ll play on Saturday’s somewhere....  On another note, to this day I cannot believe anyone bought into to that snake oil salesman...

Edited by ImaSavage

Ethan was one of the hardest workers i have ever had the pleasure to coach.  His work ethic in the weight room was second to none but he was even more of a leader in the field house, he set high expectations for everyone from his fellow seniors to the incoming freshmen.  I wish them a very successful season and i have already mentioned to several of my college coaching friends what a great kid that would get in taking ethan!

Ethan is a hard worker and one of the toughest kids on the field. The past three years when we've finished the season against Smith county and two game being in Smith county we get home around midnight and Ethan had got up at 5 a.m. and drove to Cookeville to run a 5K that he finished in 18 minutes. We kept it quiet but the boys were going to Dunlap. Ethan was ready to move on, but me, my father, and Jensen had a talk with them at one point, but the only thing I said to him is give the new Coach a chance because he may end up being their favorite coach ever. They were very up VVset about coach Smith leaving.  One practice with the new coach and they loved him. I've never seen them this relaxed and focused while having fun on top of that. I don't care it Grundy wins a game this year as long as they're happy. The past two years were horrible. When you have assistance coaches calling you apologizing saying It's not right treating them like he did. I have to give credit where it's due. This all started with coach Smith and I thank him for that, and so far the new guys Are getting a lot of praise from the players. 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, BamaRules said:

Honestly I don't care about the coach I hope they get the baseball coach because his so is a Savage in football and I think he's just a freshman

1 hour ago, volsrock said:

Ethan was one of the hardest workers i have ever had the pleasure to coach.  His work ethic in the weight room was second to none but he was even more of a leader in the field house, he set high expectations for everyone from his fellow seniors to the incoming freshmen.  I wish them a very successful season and i have already mentioned to several of my college coaching friends what a great kid that would get in taking ethan!

On a lighter note I started back training so I could lose weight because 236 was to heavy for me I felt. So I started gou to the gym with the boys and I was only doing half the sets with lighter weight and they about killed me. I'm 208 right now only 8 pounds heavier than I was at 17 years old. I’ve been doing  intermittent fasting for my diet and just trying to keep up with the boys is my workout and then some. 

7 hours ago, BrownBag said:

What was Tate selling

42 minutes ago, jnutz said:

Ethan is a hard worker and one of the toughest kids on the field. The past three years when we've finished the season against Smith county and two game being in Smith county we get home around midnight and Ethan had got up at 5 a.m. and drove to Cookeville to run a 5K that he finished in 18 minutes. We kept it quiet but the boys were going to Dunlap. Ethan was ready to move on, but me, my father, and Jensen had a talk with them at one point, but the only thing I said to him is give the new Coach a chance because he may end up being their favorite coach ever. They were very up VVset about coach Smith leaving.  One practice with the new coach and they loved him. I've never seen them this relaxed and focused while having fun on top of that. I don't care it Grundy wins a game this year as long as they're happy. The past two years were horrible. When you have assistance coaches calling you apologizing saying It's not right treating them like he did. I have to give credit where it's due. This all started with coach Smith and I thank him for that, and so far the new guys Are getting a lot of praise from the players. 

I'm glad it all worked out for the best. We would have loved to have had them here at Marion but if you can finish your playing days with the kids you've played with all your life that's probably best. I was impressed with Grundy tonight. I actually sat with the Grundy fans (because it's my usual spot for home games) and you could feel the excitement from the fans. I believe you guys will do well and I wish the best for your boys and all the kids this season.