22 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

West (Knoxville) @ Maryville 

JV 

Maryville          3

West                  2

Varsity

Maryville          4

West                  2

West has a player that I have seen play club soccer that is great. Anderson is her name and she's going to UTC. Great HS player that has the size, speed, and skill to have a great college career.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:59 PM, MountainVol said:

?

DCA 6

Lipscomb 0

Lipscomb is very young. Freshman for the cats looked great. Lopez scored 1 minute in. Cats will struggle with the good teams early in the season but with luck they will be ready for the playoffs.

Herring for Lipscomb is very good but they have a ton of very young players around her. 

7 minutes ago, abouttogetmessi said:

Hendersonville- 2

White House- 2

USN- 0

WH-Heritage- 4

*Both very positive results for the White House teams. 

USN has several TSC ECNL players. They have a great keeper going to Penn and some backs that are very good.

Makes DCA an even bigger underdog. 5-1 WHH is my prediction. 

23 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

USN has several TSC ECNL players. They have a great keeper going to Penn and some backs that are very good.

Makes DCA an even bigger underdog. 5-1 WHH is my prediction. 

They did have some quality players: #5 in the back was a very talented center back and #10 in the midfield was crafty as well.

4-0 may have been a bit of an inflated score line. The game was 0-0 at half and Heritage came out for the 2nd half with a completely different mindset. 

Looking forward to witnessing a great game Tuesday. I think both teams are going to get better by playing each other. 

1 hour ago, abouttogetmessi said:

They did have some quality players: #5 in the back was a very talented center back and #10 in the midfield was crafty as well.

4-0 may have been a bit of an inflated score line. The game was 0-0 at half and Heritage came out for the 2nd half with a completely different mindset. 

Looking forward to witnessing a great game Tuesday. I think both teams are going to get better by playing each other. 

Should be neat. DCA has only had one scrimmage and looked rusty. They have 7 girls either new starters or playing a new position. 

I am certain #19 won't get three again after the talk the WHH coach had with his team after last years 3-3 result.  :) 

WHH is the favorite in this one. DCA will be good by the end of the years if they stay injury free. Right now though they aren't ready for such a good opponent.

Edited by Playerscoach

19 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Should be neat. DCA has only had one scrimmage and looked rusty. They have 7 girls either new starters or playing a new position. 

I am certain #19 won't get three again after the talk the WHH coach had with his team after last years 3-3 result.  :) 

WHH is the favorite in this one. DCA will be good by the end of the years if they stay injury free. Right now though they aren't ready for such a good opponent.

:D now that was one unhappy soccer coach. 

31 minutes ago, abouttogetmessi said:

:D now that was one unhappy soccer coach. 

I was walking by the baseball stands during some of the talk. It was intense. Clean language for sure but intense. :)

He's a competitor so he will do what it takes to win. Just hope both teams stay injury free and get better as a result of this game. The younger DCA players have no clue what's about to happen. Take it easy on #19, DCA has a long season ahead of them. :)

Edited by Playerscoach

Powell beating Bearden is an eye-opener.  Is this an indication of Powell's strength or Bearden's challenges?  Although Powell has been improving for years, Bearden always seems to maintain elite club status.  In looking at the scores throughout east Tennessee, it appears Maryville may very well be the team to beat this year.  

MV, not sure how much to read into a preseason scrimmage.  But Powell is definitely for real and now really is shaping into a strong program that competes every year.  Almost made it out last year and may do it this year.  Some high level players on the team.   My understanding is that Bearden may be slightly down this year but should be fine, as they are having to figure out where to put people with a few graduations and some injuries (but so is every other team).

I'd guess Powell, HVA, Maryville, and Bearden will be the four battling for spots out of Knoxville area in the end...