Any Preseason Scores to Post?

MountainVol

I agree that Maryville should be top ... they now just have to figure out how to get to state and then make noise, which is still very tall order for East TN girls AAA teams.  But good senior talent and leadership.

I'd by year end maybe give Bearden a slight edge over Powell simply because that's what tends to happen, and I'd guess they may be deeper.  I actually think HVA may be pretty strong this year (maybe even competing at top with Maryville), as my understanding some girls who didn't play last year are back.  But will have to see with the new coach.  Farragut has a long road going forward the next few years on the girls side, as most talent will be elsewhere.

3 hours ago, wiredtowin said:

Maryville was a state semi-finalist in 2015 losing to eventual state champion Houston. And they returned to state in 2016 losing to eventual state champion Clarksville, 1-0. They have been there.  However they are now playing second fiddle in their own county to last year's state champ Alcoa.

Lol Maryville beat Alcoa last season 2-0. 

Alcoa benefitted greatly from the TSSAA changes last year but that doesn't mean Maryville is second fiddle. 

Just telling it like it is.

Edited by Playerscoach

7 hours ago, wiredtowin said:

Maryville was a state semi-finalist in 2015 losing to eventual state champion Houston. And they returned to state in 2016 losing to eventual state champion Clarksville, 1-0. They have been there.  However they are now playing second fiddle in their own county to last year's state champ Alcoa.

Second fiddle? This is a joke right? 2-0 loss against Maryville last year for Alcoa was a moral victory. I’m guessing Maryville will probably demolish Alcoa this year. Alcoa is a great single A team (I guess) - but cmon, let’s not compare them to good AA or AAA teams.

21 hours ago, fernando9 said:

I agree that Maryville should be top ... they now just have to figure out how to get to state and then make noise, which is still very tall order for East TN girls AAA teams.  But good senior talent and leadership.

I'd by year end maybe give Bearden a slight edge over Powell simply because that's what tends to happen, and I'd guess they may be deeper.  I actually think HVA may be pretty strong this year (maybe even competing at top with Maryville), as my understanding some girls who didn't play last year are back.  But will have to see with the new coach.  Farragut has a long road going forward the next few years on the girls side, as most talent will be elsewhere.

I agree with this.  Powell's result against Science Hill was somewhat surprising.  I thought with their continued development and SH's player losses, they had a legitimate chance to pull out a win.  You are right about Bearden getting stronger as the season progresses.  This will likely be the case again this year although tonight's game against HVA should give us an early indication of where both clubs are heading.  Once again, no teams from East Tennessee look dominant at this point.  In season growth will be their best chance to be competitive at the state tournament.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:09 PM, Playerscoach said:

I don't know about that. Those schools are very good. The game last year vs WHH was pure luck to get a 3-3 tie. They outplayed DCA from start to finish. DCA will be an underdog in most of the early season games this year. Heck, CPA with its maestro as a coach will likely run over DCA again. That coach is just too good. :)

Its my last season as a soccer parent on coachT so I'm excited, sad, and nervous. Lol Thank you for the well wishes.

Aw shucks....  I'm blushing!

It sure aint the coach that get's the CPA team going.... he just rolls out a bad of balls and then takes a nap in the soccer shed.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:20 PM, ridges82 said:

Second fiddle? This is a joke right? 2-0 loss against Maryville last year for Alcoa was a moral victory. I’m guessing Maryville will probably demolish Alcoa this year. Alcoa is a great single A team (I guess) - but cmon, let’s not compare them to good AA or AAA teams.

There are vast differences in a top single "A" program and a top "AA" or "AAA" program. Each team that wins a state title earns what they get. They beat all the teams placed before them in the classification they are in. There is no guessing about that. It is very hard to get to state,  it is even harder to win it. 

We played Maryville tonight and they played like a State Championship team. Hats off to them. I can promise you that Maryville, and Alcoa dont spend much time worrying about anything other then trying to play well and winning championships. Tomorrow is Friday and we will be on the practice field trying to bounce back and correct what went wrong in tonight's game. That's just what you do. Good luck to everyone. I hope all of you have a successful seasons. 

AlcoaDad

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:17 AM, abouttogetmessi said:

They did have some quality players: #5 in the back was a very talented center back and #10 in the midfield was crafty as well.

4-0 may have been a bit of an inflated score line. The game was 0-0 at half and Heritage came out for the 2nd half with a completely different mindset. 

Looking forward to witnessing a great game Tuesday. I think both teams are going to get better by playing each other. 

WHH was much better and should have easily won. DCA has a ton of work to do and #19 does as well. She took a ton of hopelessly bad shots and made some bad decisions. Effort and physicality were good though. First game excitement against a high quality team fueled that fire. Lol

The next three games vs CPA, Sycamore, and FRA should expose many areas that need improvement. 

WHH is exactly what I thought they would be. Good coaching with very talented players.

Best of luck to you!

On 8/17/2018 at 4:48 AM, Playerscoach said:

WHH was much better and should have easily won. DCA has a ton of work to do and #19 does as well. She took a ton of hopelessly bad shots and made some bad decisions. Effort and physicality were good though. First game excitement against a high quality team fueled that fire. Lol

The next three games vs CPA, Sycamore, and FRA should expose many areas that need improvement. 

WHH is exactly what I thought they would be. Good coaching with very talented players.

Best of luck to you!

This is exactly the game both teams needed early on in the year. DCA finished their opportunities nicely and Heritage was a bit lackluster in the final third and woke up much too late in the game. Such an enjoyable game though and both teams got better by the game's end.

Your daughter is an extremely special talent and will keep DCA competitive in many games this year. Teams like CPA, ECS, and USN might not want to sleep on DCA. Between 19, 10, and 6, their offense will keep any defense honest. 

Keep me updated on how y'all  do this year. Best of luck! 

5 minutes ago, abouttogetmessi said:

This is exactly the game both teams needed early on in the year. DCA finished their opportunities nicely and Heritage was a bit lackluster in the final third and woke up much too late in the game. Such an enjoyable game though and both teams got better by the game's end.

Your daughter is an extremely special talent and will keep DCA competitive in many games this year. Teams like CPA, ECS, and USN might not want to sleep on DCA. Between 19, 10, and 6, their offense will keep any defense honest. 

Very nice of you to say. Kind of a maddening game to watch for all of us. Great learning film for the kids and coaches.

Glad the kids were all relatively healthy afterward. Best of luck to your team. I will follow them closely. 

50 minutes ago, abouttogetmessi said:

One question if you dont mind. USN lost Rabb and another great HS attacker from last year. How will DCA match up with them? 

Thank you.