WK 1 CLINTON @ SCOTT

92Dragon

On 8/11/2018 at 12:13 PM, rebelwoman87 said:

Is Jimmy Gaylor still a consultant for Clinton?

I found out earlier today that Gaylor is still on the coaching staff. He hasn't been at the scrimmages because of a health problem. But he's been watching film of the scrimmages and practices and giving his advice. 

Just not sure how long he'll be out for now. 

4 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I found out earlier today that Gaylor is still on the coaching staff. He hasn't been at the scrimmages because of a health problem. But he's been watching film of the scrimmages and practices and giving his advice. 

Just not sure how long he'll be out for now. 

Thanks bud! I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

I'll take Clinton.

Scott Alum here. Just going by what I know that Scott returns this year and what I saw from boths' scrimmage highlights. I think Clinton has an overall better team,  good D, bigger size on the OL/DL, and more speed at skill positions.

"May be" a another losing record for Scott . IMHO it's going to take a couple years for the new head coach to get them back to the level they have been the past 6-8 years playoff teams not counting last years' 1 win season. Scott has some decent returning starters as Seniors but mostly at skill positions, little under sized on the OL/DL.

Clinton should be able to move the ball and stop Scott. I agree with 92's prediction of 3 TD score win. Clinton [34] - Scott [13]

I saw some positives from the game last night......number 1 being we won.

I feel like the rain hurt us alot more than it did Scott. We kept fumbling the snap and it threw off our timing. Plus #8 not playing didn't play. 

But like I said, I knew Scott had a scrappy defense. Their players swarm to the ball very well. Scott may win a couple of games this year if their defense keeps playing like it did last night.

Now speaking of positives, I feel like our defense won the game for us last night for sure. I loved the pressure we got on Scott's qb and batting passes down at the line of scrimmage. 

I would love to see the stats from the game if anyone has them.