FORREST AT BGA

GeneralForrest

14 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i think this idea that rain slows down a passing game is a myth. Unless it's hurricane conditions, teams that throw are still gonna throw. 

You are right I think it for sure limits it tho. You no doubt will have a tougher time throwing the deep ball with wet conditions, but it doesn't stop the slant(their favorite route) and quick game 

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

You're too dense to see I was being sarcastic. Stick to your 7 lifetime posts. We don' t need infightng today. I picked 38-21 BGA. Hope I'm wrong. What's your pick

I don't have a pick. I am just genuinely tired of you putting a bullseye on Forrest's back, every year, every week even. And then following up your post later that week with, "...won't be able to make it to the game. Will be following on the radio, though." I may only have 7 posts, but I've been following your 2,000+ posts of nonsense for years now. You need to shut your mouth.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 12:38 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

Completely disagree. I saw BGA and CA twice. 

- Were you at the BGA Forrest game last year?

- Were you at the Forrest Waverly game?

- Were you at the Columbia Academy Waverly game? Both those teams had a diff level of speed than last year's BGA team. 

Opinion change?

And yes I saw all the games above as well many more on video. 

44 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

Tough opener for Chapel Hill

Forrest started of the 2018 season with the toughest opponent they will face this season. If they left Franklin injury free it can be a positive experience. In my opinion Forrest had a solid game plan and the players played hard for 48 minutes. Forrest had 6-7  kids who could match up with the Wildcats, athlete wise, but 11 play football and BGA had 11 on both sides of the ball. 

The BGA offense will get lots of press this season but their defense is outstanding. Very disciplined and well coached. The D Line and D Ends are getting the preseason recognition but their linebackers really impressed me. I posted last week BGA was as good as anyone in 2A and still believe it. 

The score implies a blowout but Forrest made BGA work. They had to drive and make plays. The initial TD was a long pass on 4th and 9 and then they block a punt for a score minutes later to take an early 14-0 lead. The rest of the game Forrest defense would look good for 3 plays and BGA would have one big play. Again when you have 5'8" DBs that run 4.9-5.0 guarding 6'2" receivers running 4.5-6's you have mismatches all over the field with a good QB.

I'm still positive for the 2018 season. Forrest will make some noise in Region 5. The offense will produce against most 1A and 2A teams. This team had a much better attitude and didn't make the stupid costly penalties like they did last season. 

50 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest started of the 2018 season with the toughest opponent they will face this season. If they left Franklin injury free it can be a positive experience. In my opinion Forrest had a solid game plan and the players played hard for 48 minutes. Forrest had 6-7  kids who could match up with the Wildcats, athlete wise, but 11 play football and BGA had 11 on both sides of the ball. 

The BGA offense will get lots of press this season but their defense is outstanding. Very disciplined and well coached. The D Line and D Ends are getting the preseason recognition but their linebackers really impressed me. I posted last week BGA was as good as anyone in 2A and still believe it. 

The score implies a blowout but Forrest made BGA work. They had to drive and make plays. The initial TD was a long pass on 4th and 9 and then they block a punt for a score minutes later to take an early 14-0 lead. The rest of the game Forrest defense would look good for 3 plays and BGA would have one big play. Again when you have 5'8" DBs that run 4.9-5.0 guarding 6'2" receivers running 4.5-6's you have mismatches all over the field with a good QB.

I'm still positive for the 2018 season. Forrest will make some noise in Region 5. The offense will produce against most 1A and 2A teams. This team had a much better attitude and didn't make the stupid costly penalties like they did last season. 

Keep so it..great support inChapel Hill

Complete mismatch. BGA could have named their score. Forrest mightve had 1 or 2 first downs at halftime. BGA had 15. Biggest lopsided mismatch I can remember. How was Forrest in this game last year?   

I couldnt tell if I was watching a football game or Saving Private Ryan. It was that bad. 

Forrest younger, newer line was completely overwhelmed. Skill players had no chance.

A serious question about #2. He has some real talent IMO. Last year they had him doing quick releases that were very effective. On Friday it was that same roll out play that takes 10 seconds to develop and almost always gets our QB close to decapitated. WHY.  

Underwhelming new offense. I agree that penalties were fewer and they seemed more mature. I was really shocked at the lopsided difference in the two teams. 

Looking at Summertown, Loretto and Community improvements, I'd say Forrest is in for a dogfight every week, and Watertown, LC and Eagleville games might not be as competitive as last year. The upfront guys are just too new to create gaps for the backs.   

Last question, whose idea was it to have a home and home with BGA? Why not Maryville next? Or the Titans? Or New England? 

I love the Rockets. This Friday is the biggest game in 2 seasons. Win at Fayetteville and everything starts to look better.  Lose, and it is going to be a LONG season. The Rockets can smash these guys. Nolensville took care of them. 

Cmon Rockets.