Lebanon @ Trousdale County on the Creekbank!

7 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t know who wins this game, but I do know Lebanon needs the W more than TC. I think a Lebanon loss could derail their season.

I agree. I think this should mean more to Lebanon. They lost last year so you have the revenge factor and also if you want to be taken seriously in 6A you shouldn't be losing to a 2A team. Even if they are one of the top teams.

6 hours ago, Volstate said:

Totally agree with you H2O. May be time to look for a new coach for them if they can’t beat a lower classification school two years in a row.  This should not be a game on paper. I just want TC to come out healthy. It’s gonna be raining ️ 

No way. Coach Gentry won as many games last year in his first season as Lebanon done in the previous 4 seasons. They are on the right track. Lebanon got better as the season went on last year.

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Actually, on paper, I think it's in TC's favor. TC won last year, and they have as many or more starters returning.

Last year both teams had 1st year coaches, so they're now both in their second year.

The classification is the only place where Lebanon has an obvious advantage.

And, let's face it. TC is not the average 2A team. With the talent they have this year, they would at least be a playoff team in 6A. Most can't say that.

I will say this that TC caught them at the beginning of the season before they got clicking. If they had played at the end of the season I think Lebanon would have won.

But yeah the classifications aren't everything. You can only put 11 on the field at a time. And I said last year when talking about this same game. That in the previous years when 6A teams played against either 1A or 2A teams they only won about 60% of the time. The team with the better record that season won each time.

5 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Here’s the deal. Lebanon last year won I believe 5 of their last 6 games with a first year coach. This year some predictions have them finishing 8-2, you combine this with having a SEC commitment and a town that is more fired up than it has been in years, these kids are fired up and feeling like they have a legitimate chance to have a great year.

These are still kids  though and I feel if they were to lose again to a 2A school (though TC is not a typical 2A school with their history and their own high expectations this year) it would deflate these kids confidence and could keep their team reeling throughout the remainder of this year. 

Time would tell, but it would be a huge blow  to their confidence for sure and a team playing without confidence usually doesn’t fair to well!

I can see them possibly winning 7 or 8 games. But that is just as much because of their schedule as their improvement. For example they lost close games to McGavock, Coffee County and Rossview last year and each of those teams graduated nearly their entire starting lineups.

So they could lose to Trousdale, Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville and still go 7-3. And probably would be favored to win in those other 7 games.

I think a win would speak to their improvement as well. I think they are improved and Lebanon will have a good season. I would be trying to either get that 1 or 2 seed in the region to try and have a manageable playoff game at home. That would be good for the community. You don't want to finish 3 or 4 and have to go up to Blackman or Oakland again.

2 hours ago, Sportsman2 said:

Btw. 2A shouldn’t even compete with 6A. Lebanon willl lose to my Juliet 35-0 this year. We lose we will still compete for state

Mt. Juliet will beat Lebanon again most likely. But I certainly wouldn't count on it being like last year. Mt. Juliet's own coach said in the local paper that last year everything went their way with Lebanon's best player and starting QB being out and it being a rainstorm. The backup QB for Lebanon hadn't started a game since 7th grade and put the ball on the ground over and over.

And Lebanon got better every week.

1 hour ago, Volstate said:

And besides Lebanon beating Hendersonville last year, the didn’t beat a soul worth a dime! And Hendersonville is not what I call world beaters ..... that’s how bad that region is

In my opinion Hendersonville gave that game away. I was there and they had that Hughes kid at RB getting 10+ yards every time he touched the ball. He would get 2-3 touches on a drive and then the coach would pull him off the field and start throwing the ball and come away with no points. The fans were screaming from the sidelines why they kept throwing the ball when they were running the ball so well.

But yeah that region was down last year. I know Lebanon and Wilson Central will both be better this year. Rossview is down. Mt. Juliet may not be as good as last year. Station Camp is probably about the same. I don't know about Hendersonville.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

I agree. I think this should mean more to Lebanon. They lost last year so you have the revenge factor and also if you want to be taken seriously in 6A you shouldn't be losing to a 2A team. Even if they are one of the top teams.

No way. Coach Gentry won as many games last year in his first season as Lebanon done in the previous 4 seasons. They are on the right track. Lebanon got better as the season went on last year.

I will say this that TC caught them at the beginning of the season before they got clicking. If they had played at the end of the season I think Lebanon would have won.

But yeah the classifications aren't everything. You can only put 11 on the field at a time. And I said last year when talking about this same game. That in the previous years when 6A teams played against either 1A or 2A teams they only won about 60% of the time. The team with the better record that season won each time.

I can see them possibly winning 7 or 8 games. But that is just as much because of their schedule as their improvement. For example they lost close games to McGavock, Coffee County and Rossview last year and each of those teams graduated nearly their entire starting lineups.

So they could lose to Trousdale, Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville and still go 7-3. And probably would be favored to win in those other 7 games.

I think a win would speak to their improvement as well. I think they are improved and Lebanon will have a good season. I would be trying to either get that 1 or 2 seed in the region to try and have a manageable playoff game at home. That would be good for the community. You don't want to finish 3 or 4 and have to go up to Blackman or Oakland again.

Mt. Juliet will beat Lebanon again most likely. But I certainly wouldn't count on it being like last year. Mt. Juliet's own coach said in the local paper that last year everything went their way with Lebanon's best player and starting QB being out and it being a rainstorm. The backup QB for Lebanon hadn't started a game since 7th grade and put the ball on the ground over and over.

And Lebanon got better every week.

In my opinion Hendersonville gave that game away. I was there and they had that Hughes kid at RB getting 10+ yards every time he touched the ball. He would get 2-3 touches on a drive and then the coach would pull him off the field and start throwing the ball and come away with no points. The fans were screaming from the sidelines why they kept throwing the ball when they were running the ball so well.

But yeah that region was down last year. I know Lebanon and Wilson Central will both be better this year. Rossview is down. Mt. Juliet may not be as good as last year. Station Camp is probably about the same. I don't know about Hendersonville.

Gonna be a rainstorm this Friday night also. You get TC without their best player and you get them in the rain. With all your big bodies it should be good for u guys I would think. As far as your team goes, I know really nothing bout talks Region other than the fact it is not very good. Mt. Juliet went undefeated and lost first round if I remember correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Gonna be a rainstorm this Friday night also. You get TC without their best player and you get them in the rain. With all your big bodies it should be good for u guys I would think. As far as your team goes, I know really nothing bout talks Region other than the fact it is not very good. Mt. Juliet went undefeated and lost first round if I remember correctly. 

They go up against arguably the best region in the state in the playoffs. Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale and Cookeville were all loaded last year. You have teams like Oakland and Blackman that are having D1 level kids transfer there to play ball. Its gonna be tough.

But yeah if there is a rainstorm Friday night then I'm gonna change my pick to Lebanon.

5 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

They go up against arguably the best region in the state in the playoffs. Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale and Cookeville were all loaded last year. You have teams like Oakland and Blackman that are having D1 level kids transfer there to play ball. Its gonna be tough.

But yeah if there is a rainstorm Friday night then I'm gonna change my pick to Lebanon.

Oakland and Blackman are loaded!! I will disagree with you on riverdale and Cookeville!  90 percent chance of rain from what weather is sayin.... but they been wrong before as we all know. 

The difference in 6a and 2a or 3a is the 2nd 11. For the most part if you have two good teams the first 11 is real close. It is the 2nd 11 kids that is where the difference is. I know this because I have coached in the biggest and best rivalry in the state and saw it with my own two eyes. Alcoa vs Maryville.

Just now, PoloDaDon said:

Lebanon by 3 scores Too much Crite,Hastings,Phillips,Shannon,Stafford on Offense and on D Too much Logue,Gregory,Crawford,Davilla,Mills and Brown. Not the same Lebanon team that TC should not have beat last year. Enough talking let the pads get to popping:popcorneater:

Lebanon should win the game with sheer numbers. With all those players why in the world would you schedule the smallest 2A school in the state? Seriously? 

Because the smallest 2A school in the state Beat a quarterfinal 5A Gallatin team a few years ago. And they beat 6A lebanon. TC isn’t a walk in the park by any means obviously. BTW TC just beat Gallatin 20-7 when varsity was in. And that was in 2 quarters. I love that TC can get tested by a solid 6A school. Then the next week by a team that will win state again in Friendship Christian. Just get out of them games healthy and we won’t see a team like those two again. But to the guy that said TC shouldn’t of won last year you sound like someone who would give out participation trophy’s. Full of excuses. TC didn’t just beat Lebanon on the scoreboard last year. They won the physical part of that game. I can promise you TC isn’t intimidated by anyone. I hope that P doesn’t mean your a portland fan. We already know what TC does to Portland... ;)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

Because the smallest 2A school in the state Beat a quarterfinal 5A Gallatin team a few years ago. And they beat 6A lebanon. TC isn’t a walk in the park by any means obviously. BTW TC just beat Gallatin 20-7 when varsity was in. And that was in 2 quarters. I love that TC can get tested by a solid 6A school. Then the next week by a team that will win state again in Friendship Christian. Just get out of them games healthy and we won’t see a team like those two again. But to the guy that said TC shouldn’t of won last year you sound like someone who would give out participation trophy’s. Full of excuses. TC didn’t just beat Lebanon on the scoreboard last year. They won the physical part of that game. I can promise you TC isn’t intimidated by anyone. I hope that P doesn’t mean your a portland fan. We already know what TC does to Portland... ;)

You make great points and I agree with you but TC was winning 13-7 when Gallatin started subbing players in the jamboree.  You won congrats, big deal but let’s be factual.  I think TC wins vs Lebanon.  Gallatin saw both and I think TC is the better club but it will be close.