Loretto @ Wayne County

wildcat89

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Rings said:

Cats win 27-16. A little sluggish but game two will tell us a little more. A few butterflies out there tonight. 

I agree, poor tackling let Loretto jump out to a 10-0 lead, can't be getting in hopes like that but proud to watch the boys fight back and not panic. WC still has a few bugs to work out but I'll bet coach Rice and coach Crews are already working on that

6 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

They were better than I have them credit for, if they could have kept their stamina it would have been tough to have won, they got tired by halftime

What's up 89?  We better get all the  work in we can this week at practice, because we need it bad!  We were awful in the first half, and just ok in the second half in my opinion.  Way to many mental mistakes, with penalties and not knowing our alignments on offense! It Cost us several times,having to take our timeouts, and breaking our momentum several times. These kids have to play hard whistle to whistle, and start to finish! We also need a little more toughness, and grit. They ain't mean enough for me!  What are your true thoughts so far?

1 hour ago, IMAWCFAN said:

What's up 89?  We better get all the  work in we can this week at practice, because we need it bad!  We were awful in the first half, and just ok in the second half in my opinion.  Way to many mental mistakes, with penalties and not knowing our alignments on offense! It Cost us several times,having to take our timeouts, and breaking our momentum several times. These kids have to play hard whistle to whistle, and start to finish! We also need a little more toughness, and grit. They ain't mean enough for me!  What are your true thoughts so far?

My thoughts are about like yours, you know how I feel about toughness! I'm not sure it's a toughness issue as much as it is that they're to nice! As for to many penalties I'm not one to complain about officiating but I felt like there was some terrible calls in this game, the long td that was called back due to a block in the back 30 yards behind the play was awful, it wouldn't have been so bad if it had happened but it was clean as can be and it was the defensive player that made the contact! Biggest thing I seen offensively was not staying on their blocks, and trouble knowing who to block at times. Defensively just to much arm tackling, very uncharacteristic of a WC team. On a bright note I liked how the senior leadership showed up and never broke nervous, just stayed with the game plan and kept playing. I think WC will get better as the year goes on as there's lots of young boys stepped up and worked into starting roles. Now on to Stown!

Edited by wildcat89

9 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

My thoughts are about like yours, you know how I feel about toughness! I'm not sure it's a toughness issue as much as it is that they're to nice! As for to many penalties I'm not one to complain about officiating but I felt like there was some terrible calls in this game, the long td that was called back due to a block in the back 30 yards behind the play was awful, it wouldn't have been so bad if it had happened but it was clean as can be and it was the defensive player that made the contact! Biggest thing I seen offensively was not staying on their blocks, and trouble knowing who to block at times. Defensively just to much arm tackling, very uncharacteristic of a WC team. On a bright note I liked how the senior leadership showed up and never broke nervous, just stayed with the game plan and kept playing. I think WC will get better as the year goes on as there's lots of young boys stepped up and worked into starting roles. Now on to Stown!

Don't think you can block behind the play this year clean or not

52 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Don't think you can block behind the play this year clean or not

You are correct, no crack back blocks but in this case it was the defender that turned into our guy and ours got called for it, but during the speed of the game and trying to watch a lot of different things I can see where it could have looked the other way around if you only seen the end of it instead of the whole thing play out, not bashing the refs as they did a pretty good job it was just one of those nights where the calls just didn't go our way