Region 7 2A aka Slobberknockers

PeabodyPride

31 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Spring practices are hitting us now, how is everyone feeling?? Got to watch Peabody practice today and can only say in all honesty, this will be the biggest most talented Tide team to take the field since I have been watching  !!!

Only thing that stops Peabody this year is themselves. You could say the same for last season as well

12 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Only thing that stops Peabody this year is themselves. You could say the same for last season as well

The line depth will be better and bigger !! At this point we have added a other RB that is a starter on any other team. Our Wide Recievers are a year older with a beast coming out of 8th grade!! Peabodys only problem on O will be theres not enough touches for everyone !!!! RTR !!! But make no mistake game 1 we will be pushed to the limits and beyond!!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

42 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

The line depth will be better and bigger !! At this point we have added a other RB that is a starter on any other team. Our Wide Recievers are a year older with a beast coming out of 8th grade!! Peabodys only problem on O will be theres not enough touches for everyone !!!! RTR !!! But make no mistake game 1 we will be pushed to the limits and beyond!!!!

I wouldn’t doubt the freshman receiver playing in the high school games. He has the size. 

On 4/30/2019 at 7:52 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Spring practices are hitting us now, how is everyone feeling?? Got to watch Peabody practice today and can only say in all honesty, this will be the biggest most talented Tide team to take the field since I have been watching  !!!

One thing that will hurt the tide will be complacency. I am Cheering for you guys but you better hope it is not an easy ride through the season this year. It might bite you at the end. Good luck to the tide. 

25 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

One thing that will hurt the tide will be complacency. I am Cheering for you guys but you better hope it is not an easy ride through the season this year. It might bite you at the end. Good luck to the tide. 

Thanks Brother!!! With Milan returning the House and adding Jackson SS I believe we will be challenged!!! Hows your Lions looking?? 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Thanks Brother!!! With Milan returning the House and adding Jackson SS I believe we will be challenged!!! Hows your Lions looking?? 

Looking thin. Looks like 16 kids dressing out. So thin we will have no spring practice. 

11 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Looking thin. Looks like 16 kids dressing out. So thin we will have no spring practice. 

I dont get what has changed at the once mighty TCA !?!? This dang program has top notch coaching and has been a title contender for a long while !!!! I guess its gotta be behind the scene stuff !!!! I really hope yall can keep the program moving g in a positive direction !!! I am forever a fan because of the class I have seen you all operate with on and off the field !!! 

Go Lions 

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, Tide21 said:

I don’t think adamsville grew 20% so they should be in 2a. I think when they reclassify what 2020 ?   They could go to 3a then because of the privates moving and the up and down movement of schools to even out the 6 classes 

Old post, but I just caught it. I think that some of the "bigger" schools may be moving down. The remaining privates (4, I think, with three being small enrollment) who moved to DII should drop a couple of AA back to A in the three classification system for sports other than football. There's a thread concerning Memphis in basketball that says several schools (7 high schools, if I remember correctly) there are set to be closed, with most listed being relatively low enrollment, and that three large schools will be built. When that happens, the smaller schools closing will drop more "bubble" schools hovering between A and AA, as will the three larger ones. Factor in the new schools (all large) being built in Middle/East TN., and a few more of those should drop in classification. I think that there's a good chance that as many as 10 or so could drop from AA to A in the three class setup, which could also drop some AAA to AA in football but I haven't looked at the split numbers yet. No idea the timeframe for the Memphis project, but the privates move to DII and three or four new larger schools built will factor in the next reclassification.

• 3 weeks later...

All right region 7 hows everyone's spring practice and scrimmages turned out ????

Peabody looked very strong added a couple of pieces that should improve the team from last year alot .

I am interested to see how UC handles a very young team again this year. 

Adamsville should be improved with some senior leadership thos upcoming season.

Halls is a mystery to me there is talent in halls and they at one time where a playoff program !!

McKenzie lost some but should be solid.

Gibson county lost a huge senior class that was almost all skill players but with a huge improvement in coaching and support should be a 6 win team at least !! 

All in all I believe this will be a SlobberKnocker of a region again with usual suspects delivering knock out punches to old region foes !!!!

What say you Slobberknockers ??????

With 3 outta 5 of the last 2 A GoldBalls can we make it 4 outta 6 ?????

Peabody will good on Defense again this year. Speed will be the factor on offense. I see us being a big favor to win the region crown again, but you never know until you play the games. 

Ive heard from a couple of GC parents, that this year will be worse as some kids that were projected to return have quit the team. I know they have that one kid that suffered that horrible injury against us late in the game is returning, but besides that I don’t think they will too much