Lipscomb Academy

Fortnite

44 minutes ago, cbg said:

When they begin to cut staff and services you will know the enrollment is down.  If DCA is exempt from worrying about $$$ maybe they want to step up and play BA, MBA or Ensworth.  It would be men playing little boys.  MBA just received a gift in the 100 million plus range.  I seriously doubt they experience any financial issues in the near future.  

100 million....jesus

On 8/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, cbg said:

Nothing has happened to Goodpasture or Lipscomb.  It's really a changing of the times with many young couples making the decision to send their children to public schools that are paid for with tax payer dollars.  All private schools are expensive and the tuition increases appear to have no end.  Both schools (Lipscomb & Goodpasture) are playing in the BIG BOY LEAGUE now and if you are not able to or refuse to give 100% of what a family qualifies for in financial aid you will be left standing at the train station.  The day's of a family making major sacrifices (new home, new car, boat, vacations, etc...)  to send a child to school X, Y, or Z because they are Church of Christ, Baptist, Catholic, etc... are long gone and will probably never return.  I could easily see some private schools begin to close there doors in the very near future due to a major drop in enrollment numbers.  

I have 2 boys that attend JP2.  Neither play football.  The 2 most recent incoming freshmen classes have been the largest in the school's history.  My guess is with 80 people a day moving to Nashville, some might be northerners that value a Catholic education.

24 minutes ago, JRB said:

I have 2 boys that attend JP2.  Neither play football.  The 2 most recent incoming freshmen classes have been the largest in the school's history.  My guess is with 80 people a day moving to Nashville, some might be northerners that value a Catholic education.

Go look at the enrollment numbers at St. Joseph, St. Edwards & Holy Rosary and you will find that those 3 feeder schools have had a significant decline in enrollment numbers.  JP2 has never had the enrollment numbers that it should have and that goes back to the school being built in the wrong place despite all the surveys that were done.  

25 minutes ago, cbg said:

Go look at the enrollment numbers at St. Joseph, St. Edwards & Holy Rosary and you will find that those 3 feeder schools have had a significant decline in enrollment numbers.  JP2 has never had the enrollment numbers that it should have and that goes back to the school being built in the wrong place despite all the surveys that were done.  

You are correct from a demographics standpoint as JP2 should have been built in Murfreesboro or Williamson County.  Still, the enrollment for the freshman and sophomore classes are at all-time highs.

And my boys attended St Joe's so i am aware of the enrollment issue.  I would argue that some of the diocese schools are in less than desired areas.

Just now, JRB said:

You are correct from a demographics standpoint as JP2 should have been built in Murfreesboro or Williamson County.  Still, the enrollment for the freshman and sophomore classes are at all-time highs.

And my boys attended St Joe's so i am aware of the enrollment issue.  I would argue that some of the diocese schools are in less than desired areas.

No excuses, the fact is numbers are down and expense is the major reason.  If something is not done quickly you will find some schools being forced to close the doors.  I am truly happy that JP2 has good numbers but you must ask yourself two questions:

1.  How many of those new students pay 100% of their tuition and are not receiving financial aid

2.  If the enrollment numbers are down at the feeder schools how long will it take for that to impact JP2

51 minutes ago, JRB said:

I would guess that Murfreesboro would have been a great selection. Brentwood would have been too close to F Ryan and they would have fought for the same student.

JP2 in Murfreesboro would be hard to deal with in all sports with the talent and lack of competition from other privates in Rutherford Cty.

1 hour ago, wahoo said:

I would guess that Murfreesboro would have been a great selection. Brentwood would have been too close to F Ryan and they would have fought for the same student.

JP2 in Murfreesboro would be hard to deal with in all sports with the talent and lack of competition from other privates in Rutherford Cty.

It was recommended that the school be built on 840 between Murfreesboro and Franklin.  The school would have been able to draw from Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Southern Williamson County, Spring Hill and Columbia.  If done correctly it could have been an 800 student school that dominated in academics and athletics.  As it is JP2 has struggled with financial issues due to not having enough students paying 100% of the tuition.  

5 hours ago, cbg said:

No excuses, the fact is numbers are down and expense is the major reason.  If something is not done quickly you will find some schools being forced to close the doors.  I am truly happy that JP2 has good numbers but you must ask yourself two questions:

1.  How many of those new students pay 100% of their tuition and are not receiving financial aid...I do not know the numbers and am only aware of a few situations.  I know of 12 students that attend JP2 from 6 families and all 6 families pay full price.  If our school gave more money than we would probably compete better (outside of baseball) with the other DII-AAA schools.

2.  If the enrollment numbers are down at the feeder schools how long will it take for that to impact JP2.  Only 40-50% of JP2 kids are Catholic  so the majority come from "non'feeder" schools.  Maybe I am helping to make your point LOL.

6 minutes ago, JRB said:

I am very well aware of the situation at JP2 and only 40%-50% of the kids being from Catholic families has been an issue with many in the Diocese of Nashville from the moment the school opened.  It's now to the point where the Diocese must make the best of a less than ideal situation.  I personally know of several individuals that have publicly made the statement that they would like to see the school sold or leased to the Jesuits to start an All Male Catholic school.  My personal opinion is that  will never happen as it would be admitting the school was placed in the wrong location.   

On 8/20/2018 at 3:48 PM, JRB said:

On 8/20/2018 at 4:05 PM, cbg said:

I am very well aware of the situation at JP2 and only 40%-50% of the kids being from Catholic families has been an issue with many in the Diocese of Nashville from the moment the school opened.  It's now to the point where the Diocese must make the best of a less than ideal situation.  I personally know of several individuals that have publicly made the statement that they would like to see the school sold or leased to the Jesuits to start an All Male Catholic school.  My personal opinion is that  will never happen as it would be admitting the school was placed in the wrong location.   

try bein part of a catholic school in a city without a diocese......and the one that claims u is over 100 miles away with their own School practically outside the front door......second fiddle is what they call it

Booger just sayin :angry: