Fairview vs Page (@ Page or Nolensville)

Swarm

Real football is finally upon us. 

A lot of uncertainty about where this game will be played due to Page's new field potentially not being ready. One thing for sure, it wont be at The Nest so Fairview don't care. We'll play in a Rudderville hay field or a Bethesda cow pasture if Page wants to. 

Who you got? I'll take Fairview in a close one. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I dont know anything about Page but pulling for Fairview. Good luck guys.

Thanks vandy. Best of luck to you guys as well. 

Page is our cross county bitter rivals for one week per season. We pull for them all other games (but please dont tell them I said so) They WERE the last remaining small country school in Williamson County besides us. In the last few years growth has ballooned them up to 5a and they'll probably be 6a at the next reclassification. 

For decades when these teams played the parking lot was full of 4x4 pickups, horses, mules, and a few tractors. Nowadays Page all rolls up in their BMW's, hybrids, and Escalades. Usually dressed in skinny Jean's, sweater vests, and sporting man buns. 

We cant wait to whip them Friday night. 

2 hours ago, WiseOldManGiles said:

Proud of you fellers way out there at Franklin-Lite! I'z bet them boys across the county shave their chest! What's up with that? Ain't no game faces in Rudderville.  Franklin-Lite by a COUNTRY mile.

Well I declare!!! If it ain't the WiseOne!

Great to hear from you again ole' buddy. I was looking for ya last fall when we (finally) sent your bobkittens to the hardwood. I'm hearing you guys are looking even better this year. Good luck with your run. Hope to see you again in November. 

9 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The Tennessean ranked all 129 teams across the middle TN area last weekend.

Page was ranked #33

Fairview was ranked #42 

Now, Now HDIK: you know them rankings don't mean much.  Amongst the people who really know, Fairview would be the betting favorite in this matchup.

5 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Hughes has done a great job recruiting from his Hickman County neighbors 

I just hope that Giles County is fortunate enough to have a chance to win Region 5-3A this season.  Pulaski is always a great venue for a high school football game and traditionally the Bobcats travel well if your team is fortunate enough to host come playoff time.  

The whole "recruiting/unethical" debate is comical to say the least.  This is especially true considering that Giles County was caught practicing out of season for two consecutive years.  There are reports that have came out with the recent transfer from a local rival that there is a certain dentist who may/may not have turned his farm into a practice facility (beyond a locked gate) for out of season team workouts.  Rumor also has it that Bo Wallace was not making professional "teacher pay" at Marshall County but now he is making professional "teacher pay" at Giles County.  

Some Recent Additions via transfer Include:

A Quarterback from Athens (AL):  Bachus who is now playing at UT-Martin

A Safety from Ardmore (AL)

A Quarterback from Buckhorn (AL)

A Quarterback from Marshall County