Incoming Freshman and Transfers

CHSBLUE

this is not all of them, But it’s all I can think about off the top of my head.  There is a bunch as this is probably the best class of incoming freshman TN has ever had.. 

Private school Division: 

Obviously the 2 biggest transfers are Noah Horst 126 and Trey Bates  113 who are now at Baylor.  Baylor also picked up two of the best freshman in the country in Jackson Bond 106 and David Harper 185. 

McCallie picked up transfer Nathan Wysong 132 

Brooks Mcafee 106 is a freshman at Father Ryan and a flat out stud with a ton of national experience. 

David Dixon 170(?) Tristian Payne 132 (?) and Conner Payne (106)  (8th grade) are all at Boyd Buchanan. 

CAK pick up Keyveon Roller 106 who is extremely talented and will be tough if he gets big enough. 

Aiden Bowers 132 is a solid freshman that should crack the lineup at Christian brothers.

Big School:

Braden Ivey 106 is at one of the Morristown big public schools and he is one of the most accomplished  TN middle school kids we have ever had. 

Sammy Shires 113(?) or 120(?) is at Rossview and a highly regarded national kid.

Ashton Davis 170(?) is at Cleveland. I believe he is the only schoolboy to ever make the Pan Am team..  kid is highly highly regarded nationally 

Small School Division: 

Garrett Foreman 132(?) is a Super32 MS AA and a stud.  He will be tough to beat in small school this year.  He of course is wrestling for his dad at pigeon Forge. 

Signal Mountain will add 8th graded Caleb Uhrochuk 106 who if he gets big enough will be the favorite to win that division. 

Unknown: 

not sure where Colby Dalon 145(?) ended up but he will be a kid to watch now that he is finally back from his injury. 

Edited by durdon
Removed skidmore

54 minutes ago, CHSBLUE said:

Now that school has started back, who are the incoming freshman and transfers to be looking at this year?

I know Pigeon Forge has a stellar Freshman class coming in. I'm interested to see where some of last year's 8th graders went. If I had a list of Freshmen from East TN to look for it would include;

Braden Ivy (???), Keyveon Roller (CAK), Hunter Mason (???), Kodiak Cannedy (???), Luke Belcher (Bradley), Josh Parton (Pigeon Forge), Jaxon Palm (Heritage), Kyle Cooley (???), Tripp Miller (Science Hill), Christian Underwood (Gibbs), Colby Dalon (Pigeon Forge), Garrett Foreman (Pigeon Forge), Wes Day (Maryville), Peyton Pridemore (Science Hill), Tagen Cagle (Gibbs), Ashton Davis (Cleveland) , Tristan Payne (???), David Dixon (???), Dallas Thacker (Maryville), Eli Rittenhouse (???), Austin McClure (Bradley Central)

I know I'm missing a few and not completely sure where some are going to be at, but I'd suspect all of these kids to have a good number of victories in varsity matches. 

Edited by JSamson7

18 minutes ago, durdon said:

this is not all of them, But it’s all I can think about off the top of my head.  There is a bunch as this is probably the best class of incoming freshman TN has ever had.. 

Private school Division: 

Obviously the 2 biggest transfers are Noah Horst 126 and Trey Bates  113 who are now at Baylor.  Baylor also picked up two of the best freshman in the country in Jackson Bond 106 and David Harper 185. 

McCallie picked up transfer Nathan Wysong 132 

Brooks Mcafee 106 is a freshman at Father Ryan and a flat out stud with a ton of national experience. 

David Dixon 170(?) Tristian Payne 132 (?) and Conner Payne (106)  (8th grade) are all at Boyd Buchanan. 

CAK pick up the Roller 106 kid who is extremely talented and will be tough if he gets big enough. 

Aiden Bowers 132 is a solid freshman that should crack the lineup at Christian brothers.

Big School:

Braden Ivey 106 is at one of the Morristown big public schools and he is one of the most accomplished  TN middle school kids we have ever had. 

Sammy Shires 113(?) or 120(?) is at Rossview and a highly regarded national kid.

Ashton Davis 170(?) is at Cleveland. I believe he is the only schoolboy to ever make the Pan Am team..  kid is highly highly regarded nationally 

Small School Division: 

Garrett Foreman 132(?) is a Super32 MS AA and a stud.  He will be tough to beat in small school this year.  He of course is wrestling for his dad at pigeon Forge. 

PF also picked up Joseph Skidmore 160. (?) who is a freshman that will be tough.

Signal Mountain will add 8th graded Caleb Uhrochuk 106 who if he gets big enough will be the favorite to win that division. 

Unknown: 

not sure where Colby Dalon 145(?) ended up but he will be a kid to watch now that he is finally back from his injury. 

Skidmore is a Sophomore now. He was TSSAA runner up last year as a Freshman. 

20 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I know Pigeon Forge has a stellar Freshman class coming in. I'm interested to see where some of last year's 8th graders went. If I had a list of Freshmen from East TN to look for it would include;

Braden Ivy (???), Keyveon Roller (CAK), Hunter Mason (???), Kodiak Cannedy (???), Luke Belcher (Bradley), Josh Parton (Pigeon Forge), Jaxon Palm (Heritage), Kyle Cooley (???), Tripp Miller (Science Hill), Christian Underwood (Gibbs), Colby Dalon (Pigeon Forge), Garrett Foreman (Pigeon Forge), Wes Day (Maryville), Peyton Pridemore (Science Hill), Tagen Cagle (Gibbs), Ashton Davis (Cleveland) , Tristan Payne (???), David Dixon (???), Dallas Thacker (Maryville), Eli Rittenhouse (???), Austin McClure (Bradley Central)

I know I'm missing a few and not completely sure where some are going to be at, but I'd suspect all of these kids to have a good number of victories in varsity matches. 

Luke Belcher is still in middle school I believe. I think he was just a 7th grader last year but I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, YOUTHCOACH16 said:

Calvin Eason will also be at Father Ryan and is a beast. 

Baylor will also have Garrison Dendy who is also a national level wrestler. 

The Paynes at Boyd will be in middle school and not on the high school team.

Tristan Payne is going to be an 8th grader again? I thought he "redshirted" last year like Dixon.

What everyone must understand is that all of these kids are just going into their freshmen season.  Some have been winning in youth and middle school wrestling due to being more physically mature than the other kids.  Hard work, gasoline, academics and the smell of perfume will have a great deal to do with how all of these young men progress with their wrestling career.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cbg said:

What everyone must understand is that all of these kids are just going into their freshmen season.  Some have been winning in youth and middle school wrestling due to being more physically mature than the other kids.  Hard work, gasoline, academics and the smell of perfume will have a great deal to do with how all of these young men progress with their wrestling career.  

Historically, this would be true but not with these  freshman that are coming up this year.  Theses are not kids that been just wrestling and winning here in TNAAU league but kids that have been traveling and winning out on the National Middle School circuit which is now crazy hard and competitive.  These kids are all ready for TSSAA and everyone of them will be on the podium And most will make the finals.  Last year we had a handful of TN kids who had been on the national circuit and everyone made podium and most won it.   This is our first big group and they are going to shake up the state tournament this year. 

Bond, Mcafee and Roller will all be on the podium with Darylrimple at 106 in private school and this will make the 106 weight in private school the most competitive it has been in years for any division. 

Ivey will meet Mcdaniel in big school state finals at 106 and that will be a match to watch as it will be 2 of the best 106’s that we have ever had in big school state finals. 

Uhrochuk’s little brother should win 106 small school easy even though he will be way undersized. 

I left Easton off my list by mistake but if he makes 113 he will meet Bates in the state private school finals and that will be a match to watch. 

If Shires makes 113 for big school he will win it. If not he will make the podium at 120. 

Mike said both of the Payne’s are not wrestling this year but both would be on the podium in private school if they were. 

All 3 of Pigeon Forges incoming freshman, josh Parton(who I left off by mistake) Foreman and Dalon will most likely win state in small school this year and both Forman and Dalon are at middleweights but they are that good. 

The younger Bowers will make the podium at 26. 

I left Dendy off my list too which was a major oversight but Garrison will be in the mix at 38 in Private School.  He has a chance to win it as a freshman.  

The other two kids to watch are Ashton Davis and David Harper.  They are the 2 most accomplished freshman big men probably ever in TN history but their weights are extremely difficult for freshman.  If Davis cracks the Cleveland lineup he will make the podium and Harper has a shot by the end of the year to make the finals. 

Edited by durdon

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, durdon said:

Historically, this would be true but not with these  freshman that are coming up this year.  Theses are not kids that been just wrestling and winning here in TNAAU league but kids that have been traveling and winning out on the National Middle School circuit which is now crazy hard and competitive.  These kids are all ready for TSSAA and everyone of them will be on the podium And most will make the finals.  Last year we had a handful of TN kids who had been on the national circuit and everyone made podium and most won it.   This is our first big group and they are going to shake up the state tournament this year. 

Bond, Mcafee and Roller will all be on the podium with Darylrimple at 106 in private school and this will make the 106 weight in private school the most competitive it has been in years for any division. 

Ivey will meet Mcdaniel in big school state finals at 106 and that will be a match to watch as it will be 2 of the best 106’s that we have ever had in big school state finals. 

Uhrochuk’s little brother should win 106 small school easy even though he will be way undersized. 

I left Easton off my list by mistake but if he makes 113 he will meet Bates in the state private school finals and that will be a match to watch. 

If Shires makes 113 for big school he will win it. If not he will make the podium at 120. 

Mike said both of the Payne’s are not wrestling this year but both would be on the podium in private school if they were. 

All 3 of Pigeon Forges incoming freshman, josh Parton(who I left off by mistake) Foreman and Dalon will most likely win state in small school this year and both Forman and Dalon are at middleweights but they are that good. 

The younger Bowers will make the podium at 26. 

I left Dendy off my list too which was a major oversight but Garrison will be in the mix at 38 in Private School.  He has a chance to win it as a freshman.  

The other two kids to watch are Ashton Davis and David Harper.  They are the 2 most accomplished freshman big men probably ever in TN history but their weights are extremely difficult for freshman.  If Davis cracks the Cleveland lineup he will make the podium and Harper has a shot by the end of the year to make the finals. 

Very spot on Scott. This is hands down the most talented group of kids to ever enter high school in Tennessee and its not even close. 106 will be the toughest that weight has ever been.  

A few others I think are going into 9th grade ( but could still be ms kids) are:

Justin Bradford

Steven Fisak

Caleb Wolfe

Tetoe Boyd

All of these will be great high school wrestlers