DCA @ Goodpasture 2018

youthsportsPIX

1 hour ago, wahoo said:

Booger, not being insulting at all. If they need bodies and there are middle school players available, why not go ahead and pull them up and get experience? When they are sops they will be hard to deal with. Players coach seems high on the middle school talent in place currently.

They will be fine. Just a down cycle with the smallest Sr class in a few decades. Middle School 1's wore out West Wilson MS and their 50 players the other day. WW had to throw jump balls to get yards. Was impressed with their coach though. Good guy. 

Lots of numbers, size, speed, and talent in the Fr, 8, and 7th grade. 

Things look good and folks are very excited about coach Wade. Even had a ref tell me and others Thursday that Wade is the best coach in town and people know it. Was surpised to hear that outside of DCA/Donelson/Hermitage/MT Juliet/Old Hickory.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, Mothman26 said:

What type of season do u see GP QB having it seemed like last year he regressed from being banged up due to taking so many hits and from not having many playmakers. The kid lit up CPA in 2016 

My2 cents. GP QB has potential to put up much better numbers this season.  http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/dylan-brooks/5ocXKxXDEeWrOKA2nzwY6g/gendersport/football-stats.htm He is a 4th-year starter with new OC that knows how to score points and now the HC can focus on Defense.  I bet he has a better year than he did his 2016 Sophmore year with over 1300 yards with 13 TD's.  That year GP lost in the Semi-FInals to CPA in Double OT. 

GP has another tough schedule like most in the D2AA region.  Region foe CPA probably has the toughest in the state again this year.  Last year was interesting for GP as they weren't as bad as many think they were.  Last year GP played 3 teams that made it to Cookeville State Championship game(Friendship, DCA, South Pitt), 3 teams in the regular season went 10-0(Friendship, DA, South Pitt) with 2 other teams going 9-1(D2AAA Briarcrest, BGA).   

Edited by youthsportsPIX

On 8/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, Playerscoach said:

They will be fine. Just a down cycle with the smallest Sr class in a few decades. Middle School 1's wore out West Wilson MS and their 50 players the other day. WW had to throw jump balls to get yards. Was impressed with their coach though. Good guy. 

Lots of numbers, size, speed, and talent in the Fr, 8, and 7th grade. 

Things look good and folks are very excited about coach Wade. Even had a ref tell me and others Thursday that Wade is the best coach in town and people know it. Was surpised to hear that outside of DCA/Donelson/Hermitage/MT Juliet/Old Hickory.

DCA middle isn’t that good. WW middle is horrible.A 12 point win over juggernaut MJCA in football isn’t impressive either. Goodpasture will roll in that game just like last year.

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Impressive. I just saw the score from Friday. Did Goodpasture get some new kids or is it just another year to mature that has raised their level of play?

A couple of players that were hurt last year are now playing but basically, the same team as they only had 7 seniors last year.  I know they finished 1-9 but again Goodpasture wasn't as bad as their record indicated last year.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post they had a pretty tough schedule.   GP played 3 teams that made it to Cookeville State Championship game(Friendship, DCA, South Pitt), 3 teams in the regular season went 10-0(Friendship, DA, South Pitt) with 2 other teams going 9-1(D2AAA Briarcrest, BGA).   

Not saying they will win a Gold Ball and still not at the level Goodpasture has been in the past yet.  They need more meat and depth on the OL and DL but have some athletes that can make up for size up front.  They are much improved on both sides of the ball compared to last year from what I have seen so far this year.  Still havent played a really good team yet and next week travel to Memphis to play D2AAA Briarcrest who has 6 or 7 D1 recruits.  We'll have a better look at what the Cougars can do against a really good team compared to last week.  stay tuned...

Edited by youthsportsPIX