DCA @ Goodpasture 2018

youthsportsPIX

2 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

A couple of players that were hurt last year are now playing but basically, the same team as they only had 7 seniors last year.  I know they finished 1-9 but again Goodpasture wasn't as bad as their record indicated last year.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post they had a pretty tough schedule.   GP played 3 teams that made it to Cookeville State Championship game(Friendship, DCA, South Pitt), 3 teams in the regular season went 10-0(Friendship, DA, South Pitt) with 2 other teams going 9-1(D2AAA Briarcrest, BGA).   

Not saying they will win a Gold Ball and still not at the level Goodpasture has been in the past yet.  They need more meat and depth on the OL and DL but have some athletes that can make up for size up front.  They are much improved on both sides of the ball compared to last year from what I have seen so far this year.  Still havent played a really good team yet and next week travel to Memphis to play D2AAA Briarcrest who has 6 or 7 D1 recruits.  We'll have a better look at what the Cougars can do against a really good team compared to last week.  stay tuned...

I gotcha.. SP didn’t play in the state though. We lost in the semifinals. See you guys in October. 

I think DCA is just so down that this score is Inflated. DCA did not get a first down the entire first half. They had no pressure in GP backfield at all. Don’t forget GP led the state in pick 6 last season. The run game will be there bread and butter. This game is no Judgment of GP season to come. Only a revenge game from last year we’re DCA broke them off. GP does look to be more Organized especially on offense. I would put GP a head of FRA in final standings. FRA could not move the ball on DA D#... Not sure if it’s from losing their main threat do to injury. Or is DA D# the truth?? Not  to mention how bad DA ran and pass all over FRA! If GP continues to get better and stays free of injury they could jump a spot in  playoff standings. Remember they only need  to win one game to make playoffs in there division. Who are they going to knock off  Lipscomb, FRA, do they jump up and bite BGA.         Is CPA out the question??  CPA almighty didn’t show good against Lipscomb score says which has already predicted a win over GP!!!! Does GP fall to there only win a season ago? 

44 minutes ago, Gville said:

I think DCA is just so down that this score is Inflated. DCA did not get a first down the entire first half. They had no pressure in GP backfield at all. Don’t forget GP led the state in pick 6 last season. The run game will be there bread and butter. This game is no Judgment of GP season to come. Only a revenge game from last year we’re DCA broke them off. GP does look to be more Organized especially on offense. I would put GP a head of FRA in final standings. FRA could not move the ball on DA D#... Not sure if it’s from losing their main threat do to injury. Or is DA D# the truth?? Not  to mention how bad DA ran and pass all over FRA! If GP continues to get better and stays free of injury they could jump a spot in  playoff standings. Remember they only need  to win one game to make playoffs in there division. Who are they going to knock off  Lipscomb, FRA, do they jump up and bite BGA.         Is CPA out the question??  CPA almighty didn’t show good against Lipscomb score says which has already predicted a win over GP!!!! Does GP fall to there only win a season ago? 

Yea last year during the DCA game when GP's QB1 left the game in the 2nd quarter after getting sick and throwing up all over the sideline, a freshmen QB3 entered the game.  After handing off 2 times this 14-year-old freshman on his first pass in high school throws a 70 yard pick 6 LOL.  Welcome to high school football.  

20 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

A couple of players that were hurt last year are now playing but basically, the same team as they only had 7 seniors last year.  I know they finished 1-9 but again Goodpasture wasn't as bad as their record indicated last year.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post they had a pretty tough schedule.   GP played 3 teams that made it to Cookeville State Championship game(Friendship, DCA, South Pitt), 3 teams in the regular season went 10-0(Friendship, DA, South Pitt) with 2 other teams going 9-1(D2AAA Briarcrest, BGA).   

Not saying they will win a Gold Ball and still not at the level Goodpasture has been in the past yet.  They need more meat and depth on the OL and DL but have some athletes that can make up for size up front.  They are much improved on both sides of the ball compared to last year from what I have seen so far this year.  Still havent played a really good team yet and next week travel to Memphis to play D2AAA Briarcrest who has 6 or 7 D1 recruits.  We'll have a better look at what the Cougars can do against a really good team compared to last week.  stay tuned...

I will be surprised if Goodpasture is able to compete in the Briarcrest game. The line of scrimmage will make it almost impossible for Goodpasture to compete. That being said I would expect Goodpasture to be much more competitive against DA,FRA, Friendship, South Pitt. Not saying they win but I like their chances a lot better than I did last year.

1 hour ago, MrFootball1 said:

I will be surprised if Goodpasture is able to compete in the Briarcrest game. The line of scrimmage will make it almost impossible for Goodpasture to compete. That being said I would expect Goodpasture to be much more competitive against DA,FRA, Friendship, South Pitt. Not saying they win but I like their chances a lot better than I did last year.

The line of scrimmage is where GP will struggle in those games. Those teams all have P5 linemen and deep lines. The exceton though is SP. I am not familiar with them. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Playerscoach said:

They will be fine. Just a down cycle with the smallest Sr class in a few decades. Middle School 1's wore out West Wilson MS and their 50 players the other day. WW had to throw jump balls to get yards. Was impressed with their coach though. Good guy. 

Lots of numbers, size, speed, and talent in the Fr, 8, and 7th grade. 

Things look good and folks are very excited about coach Wade. Even had a ref tell me and others Thursday that Wade is the best coach in town and people know it. Was surpised to hear that outside of DCA/Donelson/Hermitage/MT Juliet/Old Hickory.

What town?

I think GCS could be much improved over last year and still win only 1-3 games. Not sure what the expectations are over there this year. Giving the coach a Gatorade shower after defeating a DIIA opponent is not a good look at all though and may give us some insight as to their expectations. DCA is just awful this year so you cannot get any type of evaluation based on that win. I am sure DCA will be just fine with Coach Wade but it will take some time if I had to guess. Wade has some work to do to unseat JM at FCS to be considered top dog in this division IMO as far as coaches go. I do not see GCS beating LA, FRA or DA (even though I consider these close to 50/50 games) and CPA & BGA will have their way with them.

Not throwing shade at all here but you guys gotta stop referencing MS football teams. Who cares what a bunch of 12 year olds do on Thursdays? This does not translate into future success for them or their respective programs. I can't count the # of kids I have seen dominate 7/8 grade sports only to never grow another inch and have zero impact once they reach varsity level sports.

Should be a fun year in DII football. Lot's to poke fun at, cheer for and evaluate.

DII-A is FCS #1, DA #2 then the rest.

DII-AA is CPA way out front and BGA a very distant 2nd place.

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

I think GCS could be much improved over last year and still win only 1-3 games. Not sure what the expectations are over there this year. Giving the coach a Gatorade shower after defeating a DIIA opponent is not a good look at all though and may give us some insight as to their expectations. DCA is just awful this year so you cannot get any type of evaluation based on that win. I am sure DCA will be just fine with Coach Wade but it will take some time if I had to guess. Wade has some work to do to unseat JM at FCS to be considered top dog in this division IMO as far as coaches go. I do not see GCS beating LA, FRA or DA (even though I consider these close to 50/50 games) and CPA & BGA will have their way with them.

Not throwing shade at all here but you guys gotta stop referencing MS football teams. Who cares what a bunch of 12 year olds do on Thursdays? This does not translate into future success for them or their respective programs. I can't count the # of kids I have seen dominate 7/8 grade sports only to never grow another inch and have zero impact once they reach varsity level sports.

Should be a fun year in DII football. Lot's to poke fun at, cheer for and evaluate.

DII-A is FCS #1, DA #2 then the rest.

DII-AA is CPA way out front and BGA a very distant 2nd place.

Two things. First, referencing the MS shows the large number AND results. Basically shows the future is ok.

Second, JM isnt in the same league as Wade. No offense to JM but Wade has 10 rings, three as a HC, and built that program from the ground up. 

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Two things. First, referencing the MS shows the large number AND results. Basically shows the future is ok.

Second, JM isnt in the same league as Wade. No offense to JM but Wade has 10 rings, three as a HC, and built that program from the ground up. 

I’m going to focus only what he has as a head coach. I think some of us could’ve called plays for those Ensworth teams and still would’ve won gold balls.

JM Has three gold balls as a head coach as well and I would argue that all three of his came in tougher divisions and against better competition.

12 hours ago, CFAfan said:

I’m going to focus only what he has as a head coach. I think some of us could’ve called plays for those Ensworth teams and still would’ve won gold balls.

JM Has three gold balls as a head coach as well and I would argue that all three of his came in tougher divisions and against better competition.

Wade had his three by building a program from the ground up in a short period of time. JM went three decades without his first and played in the weakest divisions in the TSSAA (Div 1A, AA) doing so. A division that did not include the private schools he was soundly beaten by for that time period. FTR look at JMs record vs all the schools that were winning gold balls during that time period. Its easily below .500.

Also, you are ignoring Wades time at CPA and DCA. 

Three decades compared to a few years plus an additional seven rings. If you want to start an FCS thread and wax poetically about JM please do so.