DCA @ Goodpasture 2018

youthsportsPIX

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Wade had his three by building a program from the ground up in a short period of time. JM went three decades without his first and played in the weakest divisions in the TSSAA (Div 1A, AA) doing so. A division that did not include the private schools he was soundly beaten by for that time period. FTR look at JMs record vs all the schools that were winning gold balls during that time period. Its easily below .500.

Also, you are ignoring Wades time at CPA and DCA. 

Three decades compared to a few years plus an additional seven rings. If you want to start an FCS thread and wax poetically about JM please do so. 

I am still trying to figure out why Wade was not given theUniversity of Ensworth job when Bowers stepped down.  It would have seemed as an obvious choice given Wade has a ring for each finger on his hands?  Maybe there is something there that most of us don't know concerning the Ensworth situation?  I will give Wade some credit, he has always been able to place himself in situations where his teams have the best players, period.  This year will be his biggest test as a coach.  I will say this, if he does not win Friday, DCA will probably go 0-10 on the year.  

1 hour ago, ocac said:

I am still trying to figure out why Wade was not given theUniversity of Ensworth job when Bowers stepped down.  It would have seemed as an obvious choice given Wade has a ring for each finger on his hands?  Maybe there is something there that most of us don't know concerning the Ensworth situation?  I will give Wade some credit, he has always been able to place himself in situations where his teams have the best players, period.  This year will be his biggest test as a coach.  I will say this, if he does not win Friday, DCA will probably go 0-10 on the year.  

There is a distinct separation  between the Bonnas and Belle Meade. I doubt he fit the  Name/pedigree required for the folks in that tax bracket.

2 hours ago, bigchief said:

There is a distinct separation  between the Bonnas and Belle Meade. I doubt he fit the  Name/pedigree required for the folks in that tax bracket.

You're exactly right Chief! There is a definite separation, not quite as much though as the separation of a coach hiding out in the private school leagues and job jumping when things head south to the next great ready to win destination. From a public school coach that really had to coach what he got and grow it, Herschel Moore used to say "make chicken salad out of chicken s___". Those are the real great coaches. The Wes Elrods, the Jerry Pigues, the Maurice Fitzgeralds of the world. You hide behind rings, that doesn't make you great.

MOJO

Edited by DylanPanthers1

On 8/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, wahoo said:

Booger, not being insulting at all. If they need bodies and there are middle school players available, why not go ahead and pull them up and get experience? When they are sops they will be hard to deal with. Players coach seems high on the middle school talent in place currently.

lots of difference in an 8th grader and a senior on that field......a few across the board can pull it off...but only a few

Booger just sayin ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, BigENS said:

so much for all that “talent” Gober keeps preaching about...

Haha Who are you? The MS is fine and has plenty of talent and numbers. The linemen are going to be very good as are the LBs. The skill players are all 7th graders and barely weigh 100 lbs now. They will get much bigger and faster over time. 

The future looks good. A MS score is not what folks should base their opinions off of. I know folks at DCA are excited about this group. 

Why dont you tell us your name? Nevermind I know why. Lol