Jackson Sun Sports

mrbigster

Not sure if this site allows talking about anything other than teams but at the same time,its about sports or should be.In years past,the Jackson Sun has been one of the best papers to read about all the teams on Sat morning.Last week,nothing about the jamborees.Since not a real season,I could see that in a way but thought they'd cover the area Jackson schools.This morning,nothing about high school football.Wasted a dollar and 50 cents.So,if you are wanting a Jackson Sun,thinking your going to read about all the area teams,keep your money.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Not sure if this site allows talking about anything other than teams but at the same time,its about sports or should be.In years past,the Jackson Sun has been one of the best papers to read about all the teams on Sat morning.Last week,nothing about the jamborees.Since not a real season,I could see that in a way but thought they'd cover the area Jackson schools.This morning,nothing about high school football.Wasted a dollar and 50 cents.So,if you are wanting a Jackson Sun,thinking your going to read about all the area teams,keep your money.

you are absolutly correct! in my opinion they have cut their on throat by not including what their readership suscribed for. they wanted $40.00 per month for home delivery and i dropped them like a hot potato! and i delivered their paper for many years!

30 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

They are not doing a good job for the kids.  

That's too bad. Always bought it on Sat morning to read about all the area schools. Dont need it Sunday because by then I know all the scores and its kinda old news.Lake Co could be ranked number 1 in the state but not make the Jackson Sun top team list at all because they don't sell papers in Lake Co.You'd think they would have a legit top team of area teams no matter what.

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Think they are going to put them in Sundays paper where they charge more money.Just save 1.50 on Sat mornings from now on.

Yeah I bought a Tennessean this morning for the same reason, partly my fault though because on the front cover at the top it said high school football would be covered in the Sunday addition, live and learn I guess.....lol

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

From what I've been told is the new editor has set a 7pm deadline for any news in print. So anything submitted after 7..Like HS Football games will be covered in the following edition. I guess if waiting a day for your news wasn't killing the newspaper industry already, this person doubled down

I won't buy one a day later.Already know the scores from here and read about some of the games.

1 hour ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

Big, I think they just don't cover Lake County and Obion County period … That's why you won't see LC or UC, OC or SF mentioned in any type of Dandy Dozen or anything like that ...

That's a shame.Can have top teams and no mention at all even though we are area teams as well 

9 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

That's a shame.Can have top teams and no mention at all even though we are area teams as well 

Sadly The Jackson Sun does not consider Lake County and Obion County to be in their coverage area.  Yet one of their sports writers is always shoving Hardin County bowling down our throats.  I'd much rather hear about Falcon football than Hardin County bowling.  The Gannett Corporation has killed a bunch of what used to be good papers.  It's all about clicks on the internet site now.  I don't bother with that paper any more.

55 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Sadly The Jackson Sun does not consider Lake County and Obion County to be in their coverage area.  Yet one of their sports writers is always shoving Hardin County bowling down our throats.  I'd much rather hear about Falcon football than Hardin County bowling.  The Gannett Corporation has killed a bunch of what used to be good papers.  It's all about clicks on the internet site now.  I don't bother with that paper any more.

Amen. Union City won the state and yet they get no love in the dirty dozen because they do not provide papers there. The same with Lake Co who will be in the ship this year.  Here’s a novel idea, include all area teams and move the deadline then you might sale more papers. I love All sports but volleyball and bowling never has carried the sports world. Who were the national champions in NCAA in volleyball and bowling last year? And don’t google it.