Best teams ???

thegame523

What about the new transfer to Whitehaven?

Will a kid that is 7'+ not make Whitehaven an immediate threat to dethroning East?

With Murrell and a big, big kid in the middle Whitehaven should be interesting.

Also, Bartlett might be better than people think because they've added Antavion Collum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCakMeCMWkA&t=53s

http://www.901prepscoop.com/2018/08/14/new-additions-to-cause-shift-in-team-rankings/

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, dmm88 said:

I still think Peabody overtakes Humboldt this year. They are gonna miss Pankey more than they know. Also Sacred Heart will be one of the better teams in D2.

Humboldt probably will be  more athletic without Pankey & get up and down the floor more. Pankey was a big inside threat but Humboldt has more post players and only losing one (1) starter they will be OK. Trenton lost the 6'7 kid who rebounded and blocked shots & two (2) other starting guards. Trenton does return the best player the point guard but he want be able to carry the team by his self. I think Humboldt will be focused this year after that terrible second half in the sub-state. They will be ready to play this year & play several bigger schools and a couple of tournament's so they will lose about ten (10) games but be ready tournament time..

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, WhereYouAt said:

so McKenzie gonna be good this year??? I heard they have a big kid that can also shoot it and heard they have a pretty good point guard. What does southside have coming back and will the new coach at Haywood take them to a region championship?

McKenzie's point guard is getting some offers from small division 1 schools. Our post who is 6'8  is definitely a threat beyond the arc but is not accurate all the time. We are playing a better schedule than last year so that will help in the postseason. 

According to a close family friend in the area he says there are currently no D1 players at McKenzie.  The big kid has gotten quite a bit of interest but seems intent on going to Union University and playing there if the opportunity is available.  The King kid is a great talent but has no offers on the table yet.  If he has a strong junior season I think some high level D2 offers may start to trickle in and who knows what else.  D1 offers are not on the table for any kids as of this moment.  All that said, I really like McKenzie's team and they look to be a fun team to watch this year.  Last year they were almost all sophomores and the future is looking bright.  I saw them during Christmas break last year and they were sure fun to watch, played very hard. We will see, ready for the round ball to begin!

On 10/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, IrishBBall said:

I would certainly think Bearden would have a shot in AAA.

Bearden would have to have a shot I would think. They played East tough last year for most of the game and return a ton of their lineup. I don't think they lost a game this summer just keeping up with them on twitter, could definitely be wrong there though. Still they have to be in the mix. 

On 10/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, thebenchwarmer said:

According to a close family friend in the area he says there are currently no D1 players at McKenzie.  The big kid has gotten quite a bit of interest but seems intent on going to Union University and playing there if the opportunity is available.  The King kid is a great talent but has no offers on the table yet.  If he has a strong junior season I think some high level D2 offers may start to trickle in and who knows what else.  D1 offers are not on the table for any kids as of this moment.  All that said, I really like McKenzie's team and they look to be a fun team to watch this year.  Last year they were almost all sophomores and the future is looking bright.  I saw them during Christmas break last year and they were sure fun to watch, played very hard. We will see, ready for the round ball to begin!

Got it. I was thinking I missed something when somebody posted 3 D1 kids at McKenzie. Sounds like they are gonna be good though.