Best teams ???

thegame523

7 hours ago, thegame523 said:

Who are the best teams going to be this year regardless of class ?? I am sure East & Bearden will be among them. Who else and why? 

Hard to say because you never know about high school kids. Teams may have a kid grow 4 inches in a year... lol 

however, the teams that traditionally win will always be good. Southside, Humboldt, East, Melrose, Haywood, and Melrose from West TN. 

I think in single A this year everybody in the West TN area will be chasing Trenton Peabody and Humboldt. Middleton and UC will be down.

in AA I think South Side and South Gibson are the teams to beat. Crockett County should be in the mix too. Haywood may emerge but that's a huge question mark. Ripley and Covington should be solid still. 

23 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I think in single A this year everybody in the West TN area will be chasing Trenton Peabody and Humboldt. Middleton and UC will be down.

in AA I think South Side and South Gibson are the teams to beat. Crockett County should be in the mix too. Haywood may emerge but that's a huge question mark. Ripley and Covington should be solid still. 

What about Mitchell and Melrose?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, dmm88 said:

Watch out for Upperman in the next few years. A loaded freshman class won the district in 2018 lead by two very quick freshman guards and a 6'6 freshman post player. They add a incoming 6'5 post player this season. I could see this front line being around 6'7 to 6'8 in next new couple years with multiple guards raining threes and running the court well.  The 2018-19 will be about 8-9 kids deep seeing the floor. 

3 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Watch out for Upperman in the next few years. A loaded freshman class won the district in 2018 lead by two very quick freshman guards and a 6'6 freshman post player. They add a incoming 6'5 post player this season. I could see this front line being around 6'7 to 6'8 in next new couple years with multiple guards raining threes and running the court well.  The 2018-19 will be about 8-9 kids deep seeing the floor. 

if those kids grow to 6'7" and 6'8" with a couple good guards they will win for sure. Are they really that tall though? Most of the time you can take at least an inch off. 

4 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

if those kids grow to 6'7" and 6'8" with a couple good guards they will win for sure. Are they really that tall though? Most of the time you can take at least an inch off. 

Yes they are 6'6 soph, and a 6'5 freshman at the start of school.  And at 14-15yo, most boys grow until 18-19yo.  Right now the strength of the team is the guard play, but you can't ignore young size like that. 

They have a 6'5" sophomore. No 6'5" freshman that I've seen. A 6' 1" freshman coming from Upperman middle. They do have a couple of very talented guards. I look for them to be good this season as well a few more down the road. Everyone including me over looked them last season. I do not think that will be the case this season. 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:29 PM, UTRok said:

They have a 6'5" sophomore. No 6'5" freshman that I've seen. A 6' 1" freshman coming from Upperman middle. They do have a couple of very talented guards. I look for them to be good this season as well a few more down the road. Everyone including me over looked them last season. I do not think that will be the case this season. 

Can those big guys play?

On 8/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, dmm88 said:

Look for Obion to make some noise.