FORREST AT FAYETTEVILLE

GeneralForrest

Biggest game since 2016 without question this Friday. 

Forrest was controlling this last year when they gave up a quick score to Malone, and then a pick 6. 

I feel Forrest needs to get #2 in more quick decision type pass plays. Hit 9, 6, 14, 35 (I think) on some screens and quick hits. Holding on to the ball leads to BAD things. This will open up the run. 

Forrest will improve somethings, and will be much stiffer defensively. 

My Prediction:

Forrest 20

Fayetteville 18

Much needed win this week for Forrest 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

That young FC team hung with Nolensville pretty good!

They were down 34-6. The lone score against Nolensville starters was a busted coverage on a 70+ yard pass play on a QB scramble on the third play of the game. 

By Malone, do you mean RB Brandon Moore? He's gone and yes he was outstanding. 

We did keep playing, even though the score showed the game as pretty lopsided.  Had A LOT of turnovers that didn't help us at all.  At least 3 or 4 fumbles that stalled drives or switched field position.  A couple of interceptions that amounted to long punts.  I don't think we got a first down until early in the 3rd. Qtr.  Nolensville's starting QB #7 ? came out gimpy sometime in the 2nd, but their other quarterback kept them moving with his arm and legs.  Hard to say if our d-line was slow filling gaps or their running backs were making the best of it, but they were chunking out 5-7 yds a pop.  Their QB over or under threw several open receivers on long pass plays, but we reacted pretty well to the short/quick screens and dumps.  On a bright note, several YOUNG players really stepped it up.  Will be an interesting season, and Friday's game vs Forrest should be a good one.  

What a difference a week makes. 

- Forrest staff and players did an unbelievable job bouncing back. They were ready to play. 

- #13 had a tremendous game. He is so talented and a joy to watch 

- The return of #62 made a huge impact. 

- Every kid played their heart out. The JV beat Fayetteville 7-0. 

Now. This doesn't mean prepare the Region 5 crown for Rocket Blue. But Forrest is in the hunt again. I said it was the biggest game in 2 seasons. Forrest delivered. 

• Upvote 1