FORREST AT FAYETTEVILLE

GeneralForrest

On 8/21/2018 at 9:33 AM, Varo said:

We did keep playing, even though the score showed the game as pretty lopsided.  Had A LOT of turnovers that didn't help us at all.  At least 3 or 4 fumbles that stalled drives or switched field position.  A couple of interceptions that amounted to long punts.  I don't think we got a first down until early in the 3rd. Qtr.  Nolensville's starting QB #7 ? came out gimpy sometime in the 2nd, but their other quarterback kept them moving with his arm and legs.  Hard to say if our d-line was slow filling gaps or their running backs were making the best of it, but they were chunking out 5-7 yds a pop.  Their QB over or under threw several open receivers on long pass plays, but we reacted pretty well to the short/quick screens and dumps.  On a bright note, several YOUNG players really stepped it up.  Will be an interesting season, and Friday's game vs Forrest should be a good one.  

Thanks nice post!!

20 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

What a difference a week makes. 

- Forrest staff and players did an unbelievable job bouncing back. They were ready to play. 

- #13 had a tremendous game. He is so talented and a joy to watch 

- The return of #62 made a huge impact. 

- Every kid played their heart out. The JV beat Fayetteville 7-0. 

Now. This doesn't mean prepare the Region 5 crown for Rocket Blue. But Forrest is in the hunt again. I said it was the biggest game in 2 seasons. Forrest delivered. 

What a difference an opponent makes. 

Forrest staff had another solid game plan and the kids came out with emotion and effort again this week. Difference was who was on the other sideline. Forrest can compete with everyone left on this year's schedule. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

What's your take on the CA matchup if it were this week Salem?

Way to early for that but...

CA looks like the best in the west through week 2. They would be the favorite at Forrest now. Lots can change before 9/14 though. Forrest, in my opinion, had some kids on defense playing out of position during the spring, all summer, and at BGA. They looked to be in the right place last Friday. Game will come down to coaching and kids making plays or screwing up. Got to get through two sets of Eagles first. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

can you give  a little more detail on the changes Salem?   who was out of position, what changes etc  

#6, 14, 22 all had new positions Friday.  All changes were upgrades. 

Only weakness in the defense is at the safety positions right now. I’m not sure why 13 isn’t back there- he was a top notch FS in previous seasons. 

They’re  getting it together. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 3:18 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

13 is one of my favorites to watch...that kid has been special since youth league. He's very humble too. Does he know how good he is?

Thank you and no he doesn't.  Confidence has taken a beating last year and this year.  Hard to watch such natural talent be beaten down and broken.