Home Builder

Veterinarian 

Investment Broker

Tattooist 

Cancer Doctor

Barber

Optometrist 

Pharmacist

Would you settle for one of these professionals that in the last 3 years has had a success rate of 16%? I didn't think so so why do you settle for a Head Football Coach to mismanage your ball players for 4 years? Why haven't you approached the AD or Principal? Why do you whisper and talk trash in the stands but are silent in their presence?

Remember Gov Nation

The future belongs to the strong and aggressive and the weak and timid will stay behind and guard the past.

Edited by Shadroach
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I didn't want to comment until I watched the game replay. It never fails every game the coach runs out onto the field fussing with the officials over a call that is not going to be overturned no matter what he says or does. I know officials that have told me they hate calling a WB game just because of this reason alone. The other thing that never fails is a player loses his cool and gets involved in some brew ha ha. I'm pretty sure the players have to think it must be okay since the coach acts like this or this problem wouldn't keep going on.

Roach, based on some of your post you seem like you know some football.  With that being said you stated that you are tired of people saying there isn't enough talent there to compete year in and year out in 6a, well you then start bashing the sophomore QB... QB is a very important position in football, so you cant have it both ways sir.  There is no doubt that the success rate over the last decade isn't what most of us alumni, fans and current administration want but they are playing the cards that are dealt.. Heck WB wins their second game in a row and you make this topic...SMH  also it seems that you are mislead by the role of the AD/Principles in the blount county school system  (if you make some calls and use your efforts on here to help then you could get some answers)

BS2007, I agree with you about the little things needing to be cleaned up for the Govs.  Friday night I can only recall Shad going 2 steps onto the field to ask DJ, who wasn't on the line of scrimmage when he called the illegal motion(good call).  Then a 17 year old got his helmet ripped off via the facemask and then got shoved by another player and he retaliated, that's was in the heat of the moment... LC got 2 unsportsmanlike and WB got 1.  The refs that you talk to are probably looking for an extra check on Friday night and to have a little fun doing it, shad holds them accountable even if it is "little ole wb" and they don't like that. WB games in the past have always been more competitive than MHS and AHS games so they will be a little harder to ref. 

I did not respond to this earlier because I did not see the point. I will admit that I was negative during the offseason, but the Govs have exceeded my expectations thus far. It looks like there are some more wins left on this schedule. The team is young and getting a few more wins could be something to build on. There were a few additions to the coaching staff over the summer, so maybe things are getting turned around.

Edited by TheGuvna

Pouring rain in the second half I believe had something to do with the lack of offense also. Looked to me that Shad trusted his defense to win him the game and they did. Trust me I’m not blind I know the offense is not good enough yet,in a game against a high powered offense like AC WB will have to be able to score 28+

Edited by williebgovs04

BS2007, I agree with you about the little things needing to be cleaned up for the Govs.  Friday night I can only recall Shad going 2 steps onto the field to ask DJ, who wasn't on the line of scrimmage when he called the illegal motion(good call).  Then a 17 year old got his helmet ripped off via the facemask and then got shoved by another player and he retaliated, that's was in the heat of the moment... LC got 2 unsportsmanlike and WB got 1.  The refs that you talk to are probably looking for an extra check on Friday night and to have a little fun doing it, shad holds them accountable even if it is "little ole wb" and they don't like that. WB games in the past have always been more competitive than MHS and AHS games so they will be a little harder to ref

Thanks for clearing all those things up for me Willie. Overall I saw a heck of a different team then I did against McMinn County last year. Enjoyed watching the replay and the young men did a good job. The camera man needs to zoom out and back in during a long pass or a punt but overall a great job. I also enjoyed the WB Hype film 2018, that was a great video.