Sequoyah vs. McMinn Central

logcabinman

4 minutes ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

IT'S GREAT TO BE OPTIMISTIC BUTTTT YOU HAVE TO REALISTIC AT THE SAME TIME.

Honestly, it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.  My son loves playing, competing, and being around this group of young men.  Whatever comes of this season, at least my boy was willing to give it a shot.

Just now, logcabinman said:

Honestly, it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.  My son loves playing, competing, and being around this group of young men.  Whatever comes of this season, at least my boy was willing to give it a shot.

Never said anyone's option affected your life and my response was not pointed towards your son. I just said sometimes you have to be realistic about the outcome of some games. You are taking this way too personal. If you didn't want honest opinions then you should not have made the post.

IJS:!:

13 minutes ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

Never said anyone's option affected your life and my response was not pointed towards your son. I just said sometimes you have to be realistic about the outcome of some games. You are taking this way too personal. If you didn't want honest opinions then you should not have made the post.

IJS:!:

No my friend, you have gotten it all wrong.  I don't get offended or take any ones opinions personally.  I was just pointing out that for me, I am just glad my son is learning life lessons through the game.  If you know me at all, you know things really don't bother me at all.  Your opinion is just fine.  At this point I just choose to stay optimistic.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

No my friend, you have gotten it all wrong.  I don't get offended or take any ones opinions personally.  I was just pointing out that for me, I am just glad my son is learning life lessons through the game.  If you know me at all, you know things really don't bother me at all.  Your opinion is just fine.  At this point I just choose to stay optimistic.  

Thank you for clearing that up, I have been a silent watcher for years, and decided to join the fun. I have seen threads go bad and just didn't want this one too.

thank you

6 minutes ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

Thank you for clearing that up, I have been a silent watcher for years, and decided to join the fun. I have seen threads go bad and just didn't want this one too.

thank you

Not at all.  I just love watching the game.  It is to me, the purest, most closely related sport to create life lessons that carry on to real life.  In the future, hold nothing back with me, just a guy who loves life.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Good post

5 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Like I said at first, I'll know more after a few more games.  The Tellico scrimmage means nothing really.  I do agree we need to get some things going offensively.  Think about the field position we gave McMinn all night, do you realize how many turnovers we had.  Yes it matters that it is a bigger school cause it is all about depth.  About 55 of those yards came towards the end of the half when we were trying to rest some DL.  about 95 yards came at the game when we had our JV/Freshmen in.  I agree depth can be is an issue, but these are good kids that didn't quit.  Yes I do think our defense is a bit better this year.  You are correct I will always be optimistic, why not.  

If being a bigger school brings more quality depth then Central should have easily beat Tellico at least once in three tries. You mentioned a couple weeks ago how well Central did in scrimmages but now you say scrimmages mean nothing?
McMinn started subbing earlier than Central did and on their last drive there weren't any starters in on offense other than their qb. He ran a qb sneak just to get a first down and maintain possession but Central's defense opened up like Moses parting the Red Sea so he took it 85 yards to the house.
As infamousfootballfan said, optimism needs to be coupled with realism. You may not notice it but at times your comments tend to leave out the realistic part, but I understand that can be easy to do.
I never questioned anything about the Central kids not being good.  I know several of them. I do question the heart of some of them who only do what they have to do in practice and don't prepare on their own. I lay most of the blame of that on some of the coaches though because some of them don't put out the effort themselves or demand more from themselves or the players. If all the kids had the drive your son does then Central would be a better team, but the coaches don't challenge them to raise the bar.
I really do hope I'm proven wrong but 2 wins is all I see and that's not a guarantee.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

If being a bigger school brings more quality depth then Central should have easily beat Tellico at least once in three tries. You mentioned a couple weeks ago how well Central did in scrimmages but now you say scrimmages mean nothing?
McMinn started subbing earlier than Central did and on their last drive there weren't any starters in on offense other than their qb. He ran a qb sneak just to get a first down and maintain possession but Central's defense opened up like Moses parting the Red Sea so he took it 85 yards to the house.
As infamousfootballfan said, optimism needs to be coupled with realism. You may not notice it but at times your comments tend to leave out the realistic part, but I understand that can be easy to do.
I never questioned anything about the Central kids not being good.  I know several of them. I do question the heart of some of them who only do what they have to do in practice and don't prepare on their own. I lay most of the blame of that on some of the coaches though because some of them don't put out the effort themselves or demand more from themselves or the players. If all the kids had the drive your son does then Central would be a better team, but the coaches don't challenge them to raise the bar.
I really do hope I'm proven wrong but 2 wins is all I see and that's not a guarantee.

Really at this point I have not said anything good or bad.  As far as optimism goes, I just stated that I will determine how this team will be after a few games.  That could be good or bad.  I also said I choose to be optimistic right now, which is just me personally.  I did seem some good things in the first scrimmage, doesn't necessarily mean that we won in the Bradley scrimmages .  Yes I did say to me the scrimmage meant nothing to me because I don't know what the coaches were trying to get out of it.  This week does pose challenges for us.  Seq. throws the ball well, and have a couple of athletic backs.  I actually just like talking football, and getting the take week to week.  Big night Friday and I am looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Really at this point I have not said anything good or bad.  As far as optimism goes, I just stated that I will determine how this team will be after a few games.  That could be good or bad.  I also said I choose to be optimistic right now, which is just me personally.  I did seem some good things in the first scrimmage, doesn't necessarily mean that we won in the Bradley scrimmages .  Yes I did say to me the scrimmage meant nothing to me because I don't know what the coaches were trying to get out of it.  This week does pose challenges for us.  Seq. throws the ball well, and have a couple of athletic backs.  I actually just like talking football, and getting the take week to week.  Big night Friday and I am looking forward to it.

I love talking high school football too, and I try to not put any player down in a disparaging way.  I do call things the way I see them though. My biggest complaint is that many times the guys playing the sport are being shortchanged.  You only get four years to play football in high school and the guys playing should be encouraged by and provided with coaches seeking the best for each player.  
Maybe it's too early to determine how this Central team will be after one game. Like I said I hope I'm proven wrong. The Sequoyah game is a good opportunity for Central to break their double digit game losing streak.

14 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I love talking high school football too, and I try to not put any player down in a disparaging way.  I do call things the way I see them though. My biggest complaint is that many times the guys playing the sport are being shortchanged.  You only get four years to play football in high school and the guys playing should be encouraged by and provided with coaches seeking the best for each player.  
Maybe it's too early to determine how this Central team will be after one game. Like I said I hope I'm proven wrong. The Sequoyah game is a good opportunity for Central to break their double digit game losing streak.

I agree, this is an important opportunity tomorrow.  Looks like good weather.