Mt. Juliet Christian (1-0) at Watertown (1-0)

Game got out of hand early and that is all folks. Some great blocking by H20 offensive line open some nice holes. #5 for MJCA only carried the ball 5 times for very few yards before he broke one for about 80 yards and a TD on H20's JV Defense. Guess the stats matter at that time. H20 swarmed to the ball all night. I was really surprised that MJCA didn't run #5 more than 5 or 6 times. 

1 hour ago, Daddycreswell said:

Game got out of hand early and that is all folks. Some great blocking by H20 offensive line open some nice holes. #5 for MJCA only carried the ball 5 times for very few yards before he broke one for about 80 yards and a TD on H20's JV Defense. Guess the stats matter at that time. H20 swarmed to the ball all night. I was really surprised that MJCA didn't run #5 more than 5 or 6 times. 

Probably didn't want to risk him getting hurt once they knew the game was out of hand.

This is by far the most physical Purple Tiger team I've seen in the past 10 years. They swarm to the ball on Defense and rarely go down on first contact on Offense. Very disciplined, they don't beat themselves with penalties, at least not yet, the season is young. They have frustrated the heck out of the two teams they've played so far. They allow their opponents to loose their heads and don't retaliate. So far they have met two RB's who were both Mr. Football finalists last year (and possibly this year). Both are really good players but neither found their stride against this "no place to run and no place to hide" defense. #5 Hvlick for MJCA was frustrated all night on both sides of the ball. He broke one 80 yard TD stat grab run against Watertown's JV defense. Other than that I think he maybe had 20 or 30 yards total. In the Gordonsville game the Purple Tiger defense held a 2000 yard rusher from last year in #28 Givens to a total of 38 yards. Nearly half of those yarsd came on one 16 yard romp against the 2nd team D. Neither team was able to get much going in the air either against a very disciplined, opportunistic and hard hitting Purple Tiger secondary. They have had two pick-sixes in as many games. Special teams play at a high level as well. Two kick off returns and (if I am remembering it correctly) two punt returns for TD's, one of each, in each game. They stay in their lanes and then swamp to ball on coverage.

Next week will be the real test. Trousdale is the real deal. Great team, well coached, great home crowd. They've had two tough tests in an up and coming Lebanon Team and last year's State Champs in Friendship. As much as my heart wants H2O-town to take down the Jackets, my head can't say for sure who will take this one, at least not yet. Whichever team does, will deserve it. It should be epic.

Edited by PurpleReign
possible wrong stat given
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

This is by far the most physical Purple Tiger team I've seen in the past 10 years. They swarm to the ball on Defense and rarely go down on first contact on Offense. Very disciplined, they don't beat themselves with penalties, at least not yet, the season is young. They have frustrated the heck out of the two teams they've played so far. They allow their opponents to loose their heads and don't retaliate. So far they have met two RB's who were both Mr. Football finalists last year (and possibly this year). Both are really good players but neither found their stride against this "no place to run and no place to hide" defense. #5 Hvlick for MJCA was frustrated all night on both sides of the ball. He broke one 80 yard TD stat grab run against Watertown's JV defense. Other than that I think he maybe had 20 or 30 yards total. In the Gordonsville game the Purple Tiger defense held a 2000 yard rusher from last year in #28 Givens to a total of 38 yards. Nearly half of those yarsd came on one 16 yard romp against the 2nd team D. Neither team was able to get much going in the air either against a very disciplined, opportunistic and hard hitting Purple Tiger secondary. They have had two pick-sixes in as many games. Special teams play at a high level as well. Two kick off returns and two punt returns for TD's, one of each, in each game. They stay in their lanes and then swamp to ball on coverage.

Next week will be the real test. Trousdale is the real deal. Great team, well coached, great home crowd. They've had two tough tests in an up and coming Lebanon Team and last year's State Champs in Friendship. As much as my heart wants H2O-town to take down the Jackets, my head can't say for sure who will take this one, at least not yet. Whichever team does, will deserve it. It should be epic.

Very well said, but I will go as far to say that this is the best team I have seen in the last 25 years. 

3 hours ago, PurpleReign said:

This is by far the most physical Purple Tiger team I've seen in the past 10 years. They swarm to the ball on Defense and rarely go down on first contact on Offense. Very disciplined, they don't beat themselves with penalties, at least not yet, the season is young. They have frustrated the heck out of the two teams they've played so far. They allow their opponents to loose their heads and don't retaliate. So far they have met two RB's who were both Mr. Football finalists last year (and possibly this year). Both are really good players but neither found their stride against this "no place to run and no place to hide" defense. #5 Hvlick for MJCA was frustrated all night on both sides of the ball. He broke one 80 yard TD stat grab run against Watertown's JV defense. Other than that I think he maybe had 20 or 30 yards total. In the Gordonsville game the Purple Tiger defense held a 2000 yard rusher from last year in #28 Givens to a total of 38 yards. Nearly half of those yarsd came on one 16 yard romp against the 2nd team D. Neither team was able to get much going in the air either against a very disciplined, opportunistic and hard hitting Purple Tiger secondary. They have had two pick-sixes in as many games. Special teams play at a high level as well. Two kick off returns and (if I am remembering it correctly) two punt returns for TD's, one of each, in each game. They stay in their lanes and then swamp to ball on coverage.

It will be 3 weeks in a row against potential Mr. Football Finalists if Satterfield keeps playing like he has the last 2 games.

If it makes you feel better I also hope for a TC win but wouldn't bet money on it.

Who knows either way we might get to do it again at some point down the road.

3 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

It will be 3 weeks in a row against potential Mr. Football Finalists if Satterfield keeps playing like he has the last 2 games.

If it makes you feel better I also hope for a TC win but wouldn't bet money on it.

Who knows either way we might get to do it again at some point down the road.

So true. Let hope for a great game and everyone staying healthy. We came out of last nights game fairly unscathed. I think one player might have had a turn ankle. Hopefully nothing serious. I’ve always loved coming to Hartsville for games. It’s a great atmosphere.