FINALLY, Oak Ridge takes down Farragut

WillieTheWildcats

4 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Ha ha.  Wow.  Obviously you were there and saw the incredible “top spinning” (sarcasm font needed).

So what did he do in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2015?

Note: if you are going to talk smack about someone, at least get your dates right.

Elmer, you haven't been sniffing your glue again, have you?

20 hours ago, MountainVol said:

Sounds like CPA took control early in the second half and ran the clock out.  My daughter's club coach always said give him a 1 goal lead in the second half and he will make the clock spin like a top.  They would boot the ball out, walk slowly on every throw in, and have the keeper wait the full time before kicking it.  That's how he won state in 2016.  He got the 1 goal lead right after half and shut down the rest of the game.

Sounds like great game management if you ask me.

13 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Ha ha.  Wow.  Obviously you were there and saw the incredible “top spinning” (sarcasm font needed).

Note: if you are going to talk smack about someone, at least get your dates right.

All you are missing in this post is a mic drop at the end hahahaha.

44 minutes ago, MountainVol said:

He probably has been...

Not sure if Mountain is referring to the club coach using this "tactic" or me.

Either way, "going to the corners" has served me well over the past 25 years.  It might not be a popular tactic, but it definitely wins games.  

I do NOT condone players intentionally kicking a ball away, or walking slowly to a ball, but I do stress to be smart about restarts.  No need to sprint to get the ball back in.

My thoughts have always been, if we have the ball, they don't.  So if we possess to the corner, they can't score.  

If we cross and score another goal, GREAT!  But if we miss or the keeper saves it, then that gives the opponent the chance to counter and score (of which Oak Ridge was doing quite well near the end).

I think Oak Ridge will do quite well.  Their last goal was a CRACKER from about 30 yards out!  Good luck to Gorman and the Lady Wildcats!

• Like 1

G,

My reference was to the club coach.  Obviously, I was not clear enough for Elmer to understand.  He did show us the thickness (or not) of his skin with his erroneous assumptions.

Remember to tell your kids, drugs are bad!!!

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

49 minutes ago, MountainVol said:

G,

My reference was to the club coach.  Obviously, I was not clear enough for Elmer to understand.  He did show us the thickness (or not) of his skin with his erroneous assumptions.

Elmer chills with the MoonDog. He's good, man. Dude abides.

1 hour ago, MountainVol said:

Moon,

Of course he is.  I'm just having a little fun gigging Elmer over his incorrect assumption.  I don't know of a single poster (except maybe booger) who would ever talk smack about Big G.  The man has been there and done that a good many times.

Ha ha.... you haven't been here long enough to go back to the EastTNref days....  

And booger PICKS on everyone so...

18 hours ago, MountainVol said:

G,

My sincerest of apologies.

Misinterpreted your post "pronouns" and wasn't sure of the "he" you were referring too.   

Gotta stop sniffing that glue,  guess.

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

Misinterpreted your post "pronouns" and wasn't sure of the "he" you were referring too.   

I read his post as being complimentary of tactics not critical. Plus, with a handle like MountainVol I assume he’s a very big man. I wouldnt want to upset him. Lol

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

No worries at all, my friend.  I have only the sincerest of compliments for Big G.  His record, as well as his actions on this board, speak to the type person and leader he is.

13 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

I read his post as being complimentary of tactics not critical. Plus, with a handle like MountainVol I assume he’s a very big man. I wouldnt want to upset him. Lol

Players, 

Not likely, but I thought if I used a big man handle it would keep me from getting punked by Booger.  Never can be too careful with those crazy Notre Dame fans.