Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

15 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Mcnairy only score 29 points last night vs Adamsville?

Yes, wasn't a good game. McNairy up 11-8 at halftime. Lots of turnovers. McNairy is going to be streaky. They have played a couple good games and a couple bad games. Win over Dyer Co was good with Warren scoring 37 then Alcorn Central. The two bad games, Hardin Co and Adamsville. The other games, they have were in and led at points in the 1st half, Dyer Co that they lost and Gibson Co. But, just couldn't maintain it in the 2nd half. They have to become more consistent and a couple other players are going to have to emerge as consistent scorers to go along with Warren. Teams that neutralized her, have came out on top. Hopefully, as the season goes they will keep improving. They lost quite a few seniors that played a lot of the minutes last year. They have no seniors this year, so a lot of players are getting their first extended amount of playing time and they are playing some young kids as well. Hopefully, by playoff time, they will be a lot better team.

I went to the South Greene / Grainger game and saw two very good teams battle it out. The game was much closer than the final score.

The two teams did not match up, as Grainger was the taller of the two, by far. SG still rebounded very well.

South Greene managed to pull it out in the second half. First quarter was all Grainger.

Two players to watch on South Greene are sophomores Collins and Merriweather. Both have grown a couple of inches and showed signs of strength driving to the basket. I expect to see more of that as their confidence grows with experience.

One of my concerns last year was that SG was not playing enough of their players. That seems to have changed. They started a freshman at guard tonight.

Grainger is a very good team and they will improve as well. They lost tonight, but still can be proud of their effort. Next game between the two will be in Grainger. After that, I expect these two teams to cross paths again come tournament time.

On December 11, 2018 at 9:27 PM, Americal198 said:

I went to the South Greene / Grainger game and saw two very good teams battle it out. The game was much closer than the final score.

The two teams did not match up, as Grainger was the taller of the two, by far. SG still rebounded very well.

South Greene managed to pull it out in the second half. First quarter was all Grainger.

Two players to watch on South Greene are sophomores Collins and Merriweather. Both have grown a couple of inches and showed signs of strength driving to the basket. I expect to see more of that as their confidence grows with experience.

One of my concerns last year was that SG was not playing enough of their players. That seems to have changed. They started a freshman at guard tonight.

Grainger is a very good team and they will improve as well. They lost tonight, but still can be proud of their effort. Next game between the two will be in Grainger. After that, I expect these two teams to cross paths again come tournament time.

Both good teams no doubt. Saw the game as well. SG is better coached than this year's Grainger team. Grainger is more talented than anyone in their district or region. Easiest road to the state tourney in years. 

4 hours ago, TrueGrit7 said:

Both good teams no doubt. Saw the game as well. SG is better coached than this year's Grainger team. Grainger is more talented than anyone in their district or region. Easiest road to the state tourney in years. 

I would be interested in any insights you would have with regard to Grainger Co being out-coached.

I felt like Grainger was a little tired toward the end of the game. Their three point shooting wasn't as good as earlier in the game. The stats could prove me wrong, but I don't think so. 

SG did not come out for warmups prior to the second half. That seems to be what a lot of teams are doing these days. I'm assuming the purpose is to rest the players.

As for Grainger being the most talented, you will get no argument from me. However, experience is a big factor. South Greene's young players surprised me and they should get better as they progress through their schedule.

13 hours ago, VFL365 said:

I thought talent wise both teams are very close and this game I thought would come down to defense.....The biggest thing I noticed was a huge discrepancy in free throws.  Grainger attempted 8 to South Greene's 35.  Experience did make the difference in this game.

The large discrepancy was partly due to Grainger being forced to foul South Greene in the 4th quarter.