Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

35 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

It’s going to be tough to get there this year. Macon, Meigs, Upperman and Cumberland County  has to go through each other to get there.

Would bout bet the farm Meigs makes sub state ,the other 3 mentioned has a much tougher road ahead. "Statistically" Meigs has the best chance right now to make state.

8 minutes ago, repoman said:

Would bout bet the farm Meigs makes sub state ,the other 3 mentioned has a much tougher road ahead. "Statistically" Meigs has the best chance right now to make state.

Is Signal Mountain going to give MCentral and Meigs a run for their money this year?  With Meigs losing to Central once already, it seems like it is important to win district to avoid a SM game.  I can't remember a time where a 6-aa team made it to sub-state in this region.  Either way, substate game will be tough, especially traveling.

5 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Is Signal Mountain going to give MCentral and Meigs a run for their money this year?  With Meigs losing to Central once already, it seems like it is important to win district to avoid a SM game.  I can't remember a time where a 6-aa team made it to sub-state in this region.  Either way, substate game will be tough, especially traveling.

Yes, SM is better than their record, the 6.2 post player is a hand full.

1 hour ago, repoman said:

that they are good eye candy and mean absolutely nothing, if only you can make the glass house and give your team a chance. Now some teams have a much easier road than others, but it is what it is. 

I disagree. I think polls serve a purpose to let the state know who the best teams are (of course). It also shows all the hard-work and dedication that goes into these programs each and everyday. Let the kids have something to be proud about. Coaches, players, and parents could carless, but the kids that play earned the opportunity to be recognized as the top teams in the state. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

I disagree. I think polls serve a purpose to let the state know who the best teams are (of course). It also shows all the hard-work and dedication that goes into these programs each and everyday. Let the kids have something to be proud about. Coaches, players, and parents could carless, but the kids that play earned the opportunity to be recognized as the top teams in the state. 

agree it is,your interpretation was different than what I was tryin to say but that's all right too.

1 hour ago, ballinup90 said:

Well said sir. As a former coach/educator I am all about giving the kids recognition.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, ballinup90 said:

Class AA AP Rankings were released: Any thoughts or predicts on this list?

1. East Nashville 17-1 
2. Macon Co.  17-4 
3. Upperman 16-3 
4. Meigs Co. 18-2
5. Cumberland Co. 15-4
6. South Greene 13-3 
7. Jackson South Side 18-3 
8. Cheatham Co. 15-3 
9. Westview 15-5 
10. Grainger 17-3 

Nolensville should be in this Top 10 - I saw them play against East Nashville (who gave EN their only loss) and they can probably beat any team on this list. Also, I believe Maplewood or Marshall Co. can be 11or 12. 

There will be a shake-up after this week.  Upperman knocked off Macon last night.  Maplewood beat East Nashville last night by 2.  Cheatham Co beat Maplewood last week by 25 and has split the home/away with Upperman.  Both games were very close.  East struggled with Sycamore, only winning by 3 in OT.  Cheatham beat Sycamore by 30+.  Is something going on with East?  The MW team I watched was not very disciplined and don't handle adversity very well.  Cheatham was without their starting PF due to a concussion she suffered at Upperman.

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I think EN will be just fine. They have split with Nolensville and MW is a cross town rival. The Sycamore game surprised me a little but it was right after the break. Even with the two losses (Nolensville and MW) they have beaten some pretty good AAA teams in tournaments such as Rossview and Beech. 

Of the two you mentioned, ironically, Cheatham has lost to both of them.  I didn't see the Rossview game.  My kid said the coach took the blame on that one, overlooking RV to get ready to play UHS.  Beech was solid.  Their PG is legit.  Of coaches I talked to, small to mid major talent.  I don't know if Cheatham will be tested again this year, as their district is down.  Westmoreland looks to be the best competition, but we beat them by 20+ earlier in the year.