Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

On 2/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, logcabinman said:

Great assessment buc, It is clear that Meigs is strong this year and team to beat.  With MCentral having beat Meigs once, they have the formula and team to beat them again.  They had a tough third quarter before refs let things get out of hand.  I sure would not take away from Meigs win, certainly deserving, but it got crazy and the officials lost control of that game.  With a big game like that, meaning #1 and #2 respectively, the area association should send their strongest crew to this game.  

The other wild card this year is 6-AA Signal Mountain.  I believe they played Meigs tough in their match up and could potentially cause trouble.  You are very correct, no one wants to travel for this sub-state.

I don’t think Red Bank has anything for Meigs our Central, but Signal Mountain has a good PG and a big post player, if Meigs and Central speed the game up Signal will struggle, but if Signal can somehow slow it down, they could be a matchup problem. I think Meigs is a little more equipped to guard the big post player with Crowder and Bales. But she is hard to handle inside. She looks to be around 6.2, but I’m going with Meigs and Central #1 and #2 in the district and region.  To mine good guards on both teams.

5 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Maplewood may be the most talented team in AA. They best #1 ranked East two times this season, although they lost to Cheatham buy 20+ they still have the size and athletic ability to win game late in the season. Be on the lookout for this Maplewood team.

I was at the Cheatham Couny / Maplewood games. Although I had never seen the Panther team play before that night I got the sense that they had a bad shooting night and gave up before the end of the third quarter. They missed plenty of uncontested lay-ups and short jumpers. I think the Cubs are a better disciplined team and would beat them in a rematch. But the outcome will be closer.