Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

If SS finds a way to outlast the other team and the officials they will be tough to beat. You could tell that the way the games are called gets to them. They play an aggressive, up in your jock style of basketball and the refs either arent use to that, especially when they play Single A and private schools, or they penalize them for being aggressive. I've heard rumors about refs disliking them and their coaches and I would hope that adults, refs, wouldn't do kids that way because of a vendetta so to speak against a a coach. I think their coach does a great job with those girls and he like any other coach will have his kids back when he feels they are being treated unfairly. I think they will be on all cylinders by tournament time and will be tough to beat. They have a two 6 footers that with some growth and development along the way may cause teams some issue and I believe they are underclassmen.

You all definitely weren’t treated “unfairly” at Gibson County between the Greenfield and Gibson County games, anyone that was there and has two eyes saw that... 

If you think you have to outlast the officials, then you all will be done by the end of the region tournaments again... good teams don’t have to win or lose by the officials.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

If SS finds a way to outlast the other team and the officials they will be tough to beat. You could tell that the way the games are called gets to them. They play an aggressive, up in your jock style of basketball and the refs either arent use to that, especially when they play Single A and private schools, or they penalize them for being aggressive. I've heard rumors about refs disliking them and their coaches and I would hope that adults, refs, wouldn't do kids that way because of a vendetta so to speak against a a coach. I think their coach does a great job with those girls and he like any other coach will have his kids back when he feels they are being treated unfairly. I think they will be on all cylinders by tournament time and will be tough to beat. They have a two 6 footers that with some growth and development along the way may cause teams some issue and I believe they are underclassmen.

That’s a problem every game for us(South Side) the officials. We practice defense & our girls play aggressive, and depending on where we are playing it’s a foul or not. Then the refs get us in foul trouble & we then lose off of free throws.   Then we just recently gotten bite by the injury bug, so we not as deep as we normally are. But that is basketball, so next man up well lady in this case lol. We learning come tournament time we should be firing on all cylinders. We lost 3-5 on season ending injuries, that was going to play a lot smh. 

34 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

You all definitely weren’t treated “unfairly” at Gibson County between the Greenfield and Gibson County games, anyone that was there and has two eyes saw that... 

If you think you have to outlast the officials, then you all will be done by the end of the region tournaments again... good teams don’t have to win or lose by the officials.

Definitely not true! A ref can change everything with a few bad calls! Remember these are 14-17 year old kids

34 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Definitely not true! A ref can change everything with a few bad calls! Remember these are 14-17 year old kids

True... I saw that in the Greenfield/South Side game the other night. 

However, with the mentality that the refs can/will determine the outcome of the game prior to the start of the game, you’ll be sitting at the house while the other teams are playing in Murfreesboro. Teams that win championships don’t think that way.

Hopefully your player don’t think this way... refs are a part of the game and you have to be able to adjust accordingly... for example, the REF (not refs) were atrocious against Gibson County in the first half of the game against South Side, some half time adjustments, and Gibson County wins it in the second half...

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

True... I saw that in the Greenfield/South Side game the other night. 

However, with the mentality that the refs can/will determine the outcome of the game prior to the start of the game, you’ll be sitting at the house while the other teams are playing in Murfreesboro. Teams that win championships don’t think that way.

Hopefully your player don’t think this way... refs are a part of the game and you have to be able to adjust accordingly... for example, the REF (not refs) were atrocious against Gibson County in the first half of the game against South Side, some half time adjustments, and Gibson County wins it in the second half...

Yea I get what you are saying, however it’s know that some refs are out for certain teams. I know this for a fact! Have you guys ever played in Chester Co? 

22 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Yea I get what you are saying, however it’s know that some refs are out for certain teams. I know this for a fact! Have you guys ever played in Chester Co? 

I did when I was sitting on the bench as an assistant at another school in the area... It’s tough to win at Chester, I know, but we still beat them...

Challenge your kids to overcome adversity in that particular case, not make excuses why the game is going to be hard to win.

Edited by GCPioneer

7 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Gibson County, Greenfield, Bradford, Gleason, UC, Trenton, Westview...I'm always the happiest when GC gets the Gold, but I'll pull for our area when they're not there. 

I am very confident this year in GC. These girls remember the feeling when they got knocked out last year and our girls vowed not to ever experience that feeling again. I believe in our girls and I believe they have and will give their all from here on out. They have an attitude from getting knocked out last year. 

Edited by pioneer42

GC is a good team and I think they will be the team to beat in Single A to get to Mboro. I have to disagree with a ref or refs cant change or determine a game. I do agree that players and teams cant go into a game with the mentality that the refs will treat them unfairly. Adjusting and handling adversity is a part of a winning equation. Hopefully all of the West tn teams has that. I love to see West Tn represented in Mboro

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

GC is a good team and I think they will be the team to beat in Single A to get to Mboro. I have to disagree with a ref or refs cant change or determine a game. I do agree that players and teams cant go into a game with the mentality that the refs will treat them unfairly. Adjusting and handling adversity is a part of a winning equation. Hopefully all of the West tn teams has that. I love to see West Tn represented in Mboro

South Side and GC both play an aggressive in your grill type defense. Very important for both teams to keep the hands off the offense because some times you get away with it and some times you don't. I think both are pretty disciplined at playing quality defense. Both can play good defense without using their hands on the offense. But refs can be a thorn I agree you just have to adjust he way it is being called. 

Edited by pioneer42

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Tez2319 said:

That’s a problem every game for us(South Side) the officials. We practice defense & our girls play aggressive, and depending on where we are playing it’s a foul or not. Then the refs get us in foul trouble & we then lose off of free throws.   Then we just recently gotten bite by the injury bug, so we not as deep as we normally are. But that is basketball, so next man up well lady in this case lol. We learning come tournament time we should be firing on all cylinders. We lost 3-5 on season ending injuries, that was going to play a lot smh. 

Officials call what they call and the kids must adjust there play accordingly. That is the way it is in every sport. If you don't adjust you getting holding or pass interference in football, you foul out in basketball, or you strike out in baseball. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO TEACH YOU ABOUT LIFE SKILLS AS WELL, YOU MUST OVER COME ALL OBSTICLES... ADJUST AND WIN OR BE STUBBORN AND LOSE...