Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Don't forget about little ol' us.  McMinn Central returns quite a bit.  They have a good freshman class coming as well.

I really don’t understand your comment, what does Central have to do with me thinking Macon and Crossville will come out of that region?

Meigs and Central should be the top two teams in the region again. And I know Central returns some good players, but I haven’t seen the good freshman your talking about.

6 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I really don’t understand your comment, what does Central have to do with me thinking Macon and Crossville will come out of that region?

Meigs and Central should be the top two teams in the region again. And I know Central returns some good players, but I haven’t seen the good freshman your talking about.

Sorry to ruffle you my friend, I meant to put this under the Meigs County is going to be tough comment.  I agree CC and Macon will be tough.  An honest CoachT mistake.  Yes, there are some good Freshman in this class.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Sorry to ruffle you my friend, I meant to put this under the Meigs County is going to be tough comment.  I agree CC and Macon will be tough.  An honest CoachT mistake.  Yes, there are some good Freshman in this class.

Not ruffled at all. Meigs and Central will have good teams this year, Meigs will be led by Sophomores and Juniors, Central will be led by mostly Seniors. I don’t think Freshman will play a big role for ether team, because I have seen most of them play, they will play a big part next year for Central.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, Dadof2 said:

Not ruffled at all. Meigs and Central will have good teams this year, Meigs will be led by Sophomores and Juniors, Central will be led by mostly Seniors. I don’t think Freshman will play a big role for ether team, because I have seen most of them play, they will play a big part next year for Central.

I agree, there won't be an an over abundance of playing time, but I do think you will see a couple of Freshman more than you think.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, logcabinman said:

I agree, there won't be an an over abundance of playing time, but I do think you will see a couple of Freshman more than you think.

When teams play freshman and sophomores a lot of varsity minutes they usually take lumps early, get better and are competitive by the end of the year and then compete for districts and regions when the next few years. Of course we are talking about freshman and sophomores that can play and have talent.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

How good is Westview this year? This begins the post Jones and Graves era.

They will be back to the state tournament.... nobody can match up with them around here. They have talent, size, and scorers at all positions on the floor. They have a freshman this year who has a chance to be pretty good as well, last name is Barr. They also have one of the best 8th graders in Tennessee as well, but you won't have to worry about her this year.

18 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

How good is Westview this year? This begins the post Jones and Graves era.

I think state is a far cry for them. Not impossible but without Graves they are soft at post. They will be quicker but they wont beat Southside. Dyersburg and Crockett County will be huge games for them as well. Not impossible but definitely not the cake walk they have had the last year. 

Edited by AllVolHere

On 11/6/2018 at 7:29 AM, AllVolHere said:

I think state is a far cry for them. Not impossible but without Graves they are soft at post. They will be quicker but they wont beat Southside. Dyersburg and Crockett County will be huge games for them as well. Not impossible but definitely not the cake walk they have had the last year. 

True! South Side returns all 5 starters this year! Crockett Co will easily beat Westview & Dyersburg this year. South Side & McNairy will battle in 14AA. 

Watched Westview in a play day at UTM. They can shoot the ball outside with anyone, pressure the ball really well , the only weakness is inside and that's not terrible . The big girl can play but she is not Graves. They will be a contender to go to state if everyone stays healthy. I think it will come down to them and Crockett in the district.