Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree, you will have two of the top 5 teams in 2A not make it to the state. Meigs Upperman Macon and Cumberland County will probably have to batlle it out to see who goes. If they don’t get upset first.

You’re exactly right. These 4 teams are all top 10 in the state or better. I’d forgotten about Meigs in the substate. Home court will mean a lot in the substate matchups. 

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree, you will have two of the top 5 teams in 2A not make it to the state. Meigs Upperman Macon and Cumberland County will probably have to batlle it out to see who goes. If they don’t get upset first.

I think it will be Meigs and McMinn Central finishing 1, 2 in the district 5 and region 3 championship. Whoever has the hot hand those nights will win, but I think Meigs is a little stronger.  The region 4 tourney will be brutal starting with semis.

13 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think it will be Meigs and McMinn Central finishing 1, 2 in the district 5 and region 3 championship. Whoever has the hot hand those nights will win, but I think Meigs is a little stronger.  The region 4 tourney will be brutal starting with semis.

Great assessment buc, It is clear that Meigs is strong this year and team to beat.  With MCentral having beat Meigs once, they have the formula and team to beat them again.  They had a tough third quarter before refs let things get out of hand.  I sure would not take away from Meigs win, certainly deserving, but it got crazy and the officials lost control of that game.  With a big game like that, meaning #1 and #2 respectively, the area association should send their strongest crew to this game.  

The other wild card this year is 6-AA Signal Mountain.  I believe they played Meigs tough in their match up and could potentially cause trouble.  You are very correct, no one wants to travel for this sub-state.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, logcabinman said:

Great assessment buc, It is clear that Meigs is strong this year and team to beat.  With MCentral having beat Meigs once, they have the formula and team to beat them again.  They had a tough third quarter before refs let things get out of hand.  I sure would not take away from Meigs win, certainly deserving, but it got crazy and the officials lost control of that game.  With a big game like that, meaning #1 and #2 respectively, the area association should send their strongest crew to this game.  

The other wild card this year is 6-AA Signal Mountain.  I believe they played Meigs tough in their match up and could potentially cause trouble.  You are very correct, no one wants to travel for this sub-state.

Meigs has been on a roll since they got the injured girl back in December, having won 16 straight games. In both games against McMinn Central, the games sort of got out of hand at times, seemingly favoring the home team in the second half. But instead of blaming officials, I think Coaches Powell and Morgan said it well after their respective loss, "the team has to be tougher mentally when adversity hits."
Signal Mtn. and Red Bank both could cause trouble for McMinn Central or Meigs in the region tourney.  Where will the district and region tourneys be played this year?

9 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Meigs has been on a roll since they got the injured girl back in December, having won 16 straight games. In both games against McMinn Central, the games sort of got out of hand at times, seemingly favoring the home team in the second half. But instead of blaming officials, I think Coaches Powell and Morgan said it well after their respective loss, "the team has to be tougher mentally when adversity hits."
Signal Mtn. and Red Bank both could cause trouble for McMinn Central or Meigs in the region tourney.  Where will the district and region tourneys be played this year?

McMinn County I think.

East TN AA better keep an eye on Friday nights game between Northview and Jefferson County.  Northview is as good as any of the teams AA teams I have seen in Middle TN and they are flying under the radar.  I think they beat a 20 win AAA team in Jefferson County Friday night at home and go on to win region.  You don’t want to end up #2 in other region!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

East TN AA better keep an eye on Friday nights game between Northview and Jefferson County.  Northview is as good as any of the teams AA teams I have seen in Middle TN and they are flying under the radar.  I think they beat a 20 win AAA team in Jefferson County Friday night at home and go on to win region.  You don’t want to end up #2 in other region!

Been keeping track of Northview—and "circled" the Jefferson County game.

Jefferson is a bit inconsistent this season. I saw them play three games at the Ladies Classic in Greeneville. Their guard play will be good. If their forwards are hitting threes, like they did against South Greene, they have a good chance of winning.

I've not seen Northview play, but can see they lost by 4 to Jefferson the first go 'round early in the season. Good luck to both teams.

The South Greene Lady Rebels beat Morristown West in an away game. Their losing streak against MoWest was something like ten or eleven games. Finally that is over.

I was at the game a few weeks ago at SG when Blayre Schultz was injured and it is obvious that the MW team misses her. With Schultz, they were one of the states best AAA. But, don't count them out just yet. Good luck to both teams from here on out!

52 minutes ago, Cruiser27 said:

Schultz had surgery last week. She is out for the year but plans on playing at Walters State next year.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

So is Schtultz playing or not? I was told she is and she isn’t...

I didn't know for sure until today. The MW coach mentioned in today's Morristown newspaper about the game with South Greene that they missed her. When you don't live in a community (I live in Greene County), it can be difficult getting information. I knew the injury looked serious when it happened. She was in much pain, but handled it like a trooper—which is one reason why I like Girl's Basketball. They are as tough as nails. Walter's State is fortunate to have her play for them. We're praying for a good, safe recovery and that she listens to what her doctor tells her.

Edited by Americal198