GCA vs TKA

Raven52

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the new TKA Coach is bolting at the end of the year.Looks like all the hard work Matt Lowe did there is all coming undone & TKA is going to revert back to it's old self.I'm sure all the public schools who wet their pants when Matt Lowe turned them from victims into victors will be ringing the phone off the hook begging them to play

On 9/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, wow1029 said:

I heard the new TKA Coach is bolting at the end of the year.Looks like all the hard work Matt Lowe did there is all coming undone & TKA is going to revert back to it's old self.I'm sure all the public schools who wet their pants when Matt Lowe turned them from victims into victors will be ringing the phone off the hook begging them to play

well looks like he didnt wait until the end of the end....

4 hours ago, ALUM2011 said:

well looks like he didnt wait until the end of the end....

As a dad of an athlete, it makes me sad to see this happening to those kids. Matt Mercer is a terrific person. He will surround himself with quality Christian men and women to help those kids reach their potential. It just stinks for the upper-classmen going through all of this. They don't get a re-do.

I love the Lions.They worked so very hard to really build up a program that not so long ago had to finish half a game with 8 man football and their last 4 games playing 8 man with TSSAA Special approval.A Big Upset victory vs a school much bigger than them in Lenoir City in The Careacter Bowl got the ball rolling.The game wasn't as close as the score.From there the playoffs, then hosting a playoff game and winning a playoff game.Playing nose to nose with the best in the state and beating some of those teams.

There is great administration at TKA and their team is going to play on through the rest of this year. They'll do their best to get a committed coach who will see the potential and continue to build a winning program. TKA has good assistants with experience who with the interim HC will start mentoring and rebuilding for the next HC.  I just really hate it for the players and the fans.

38 minutes ago, wow1029 said:

I was told when he accepted the job another job he really wanted came calling so I guess his heart wasn't in it at TKA.I have zero respect for this big talker and hope he never gets another job

I think the situation was actually reversed. I think he thought he had a job in middle TN and it fell apart after he told Catholic he was leaving so TKA became Plan B.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

As a dad of an athlete, it makes me sad to see this happening to those kids. Matt Mercer is a terrific person. He will surround himself with quality Christian men and women to help those kids reach their potential. It just stinks for the upper-classmen going through all of this. They don't get a re-do.

The kids at TKA play hard and will continue to play hard for a coach that shows he cares for them and has their back.  That is the biggest difference between this years coach and playing for Coach Lowe the last few years. Players knew what they had with Coach Lowe. Coaches don't walk out on the players during practice and expect them to respect you. Greer did just that. TKA numbers are down, both on the FB field and the school. Matt Mercer and the administration will work hard for the kids to provide them with the opportunity to compete and do it the right way.

Edited by Fan413
  • Like 1