Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

I'll say this. I've been maybe the biggest critic on CoachT of the football program at DB. The coaching and the play calling. But in this game tonight they were on the money. The game plan was perfect, the play calling was near perfect, clock management was perfect, the players were in the right mind frame (that's coaching). The coaching staff deserves a standing ovation tonight. That draw play call to Hicks on DB's last position was sterling. Even the secondary played a pretty good overall game. They absolutely locked it down on that last SH position to win the game. Hicks was just unstoppable all night. And DB left two touchdowns on the field. Great job by the staff and the players. Was the band even there tonight? I didn't even notice.

12 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll say this. I've been maybe the biggest critic on CoachT of the football program at DB. The coaching and the play calling. But in this game tonight they were on the money. The game plan was perfect, the play calling was near perfect, clock management was perfect, the players were in the right mind frame (that's coaching). The coaching staff deserves a standing ovation tonight. That draw play call to Hicks on DB's last position was sterling. Even the secondary played a pretty good overall game. They absolutely locked it down on that last SH position to win the game. Hicks was just unstoppable all night. And DB left two touchdowns on the field. Great job by the staff and the players. Was the band even there tonight? I didn't even notice.

Good post .It was a huge win at a much needed time for the Indians.

This was a very nice win over DB's biggest rival.Whatever happens the rest of the way ,this was a great job by the DB staff and the players that a few people say DB no longer has.Yes I expect some very hard games for the Tribe down the road but this was a very big win tonight and this DB team deserves some praise after two tough games .They got up off the mat and played one heck of a game tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unchained said:

Its great to see DB pull out a W. This goes to show that you dont count your chickens before they hatch. This was a surprise to many but hats off to the tribe

this was no surprise to me actually.....i watched it on FB and SH is awful. atleast they were in this game. Still a fun game to watch,  ive given DB hale this year, but this was a nice job all the way around on their part. The draw on the final TD drive was text book. are things looking up in the model city??? How will they fare with still a few good region teams left to play??? Will they win a playoff game this year??? all this to be determined in the coming weeks. Good luck Tribe, looks like you may come back from that first game beat down and have a decent year after all when so many in your community doubted you....SHAME ON YOU DB fans for doubting your boys.

23 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

this was no surprise to me actually.....i watched it on FB and SH is awful. atleast they were in this game. Still a fun game to watch,  ive given DB hale this year, but this was a nice job all the way around on their part. The draw on the final TD drive was text book. are things looking up in the model city??? How will they fare with still a few good region teams left to play??? Will they win a playoff game this year??? all this to be determined in the coming weeks. Good luck Tribe, looks like you may come back from that first game beat down and have a decent year after all when so many in your community doubted you....SHAME ON YOU DB fans for doubting your boys.

BVDevil, sometimes teams take a few games to find themselves. You have teams start 0-2 or 1 - 3 and make a good run the last 6 games and win a playoff game or 2. And a beatdown to Greeneville, well that's no surprise. I watched the AC game in person last year and boy was that a classic. Mistakes in the 1st qtr, business as usual in the final 3. In all honesty Greeneville, Alcoa, and Maryville are probably the top 3 teams in tennessee in no certain order. But talking about DB I told a close friend that this was the year they would get SH and boy was I right. I feel like teams are down this year, Sevier County, SH, Mo West, Hardin Valley, Jeff Co. DB could easily go 6 and 4. Not knowing exactly how good Bearden and Farragut are of course. Greeneville and Oak Ridge to start your season with a new coach is like climbing Mt Everest as a newbie. Not an easy task

17 minutes ago, Unchained said:

BVDevil, sometimes teams take a few games to find themselves. You have teams start 0-2 or 1 - 3 and make a good run the last 6 games and win a playoff game or 2. And a beatdown to Greeneville, well that's no surprise. I watched the AC game in person last year and boy was that a classic. Mistakes in the 1st qtr, business as usual in the final 3. In all honesty Greeneville, Alcoa, and Maryville are probably the top 3 teams in tennessee in no certain order. But talking about DB I told a close friend that this was the year they would get SH and boy was I right. I feel like teams are down this year, Sevier County, SH, Mo West, Hardin Valley, Jeff Co. DB could easily go 6 and 4. Not knowing exactly how good Bearden and Farragut are of course. Greeneville and Oak Ridge to start your season with a new coach is like climbing Mt Everest as a newbie. Not an easy task

good post sir. 

3 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

good post sir. 

It's not easy to choose sides weeks 1 through 3. No team has an identity yet. But when you get a big WIN in a rivalry game for the first time in 6 tries, you find confidence and may light a fire and take off. Time will tell, but until then, Greeneville awaits the rematch. If it happens "Betsy" will decide that

4 minutes ago, Unchained said:

It's not easy to choose sides weeks 1 through 3. No team has an identity yet. But when you get a big WIN in a rivalry game for the first time in 6 tries, you find confidence and may light a fire and take off. Time will tell, but until then, Greeneville awaits the rematch. If it happens "Betsy" will decide that

Betsy is definately looking good so far but my Devils feel like they STILL have something to prove and as long as they keep that frame of mind, its most likely bad news for anyone on their schedule. I think DB may have turned a corner with this win, but there's STILL some stiff competition left on their sched.

3 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

Betsy is definately looking good so far but my Devils feel like they STILL have something to prove and as long as they keep that frame of mind, its most likely bad news for anyone on their schedule. I think DB may have turned a corner with this win, but there's STILL some stiff competition left on their sched.

In the end you still have to go out and prove yourself. Prove the haters wrong, prove that you can go out take care of business and still be classy. You know you're good even legit, but that doesn't mean you can take a Grainger or Sullivan East lightly. Tonight you put up 42 in 11 plays and no that's not padding stats, that's all the hard work paying dividends. Steady week to week not looking forward to next game is what wins championships. Betsy does look like a contender, they have played top notch, but until that game it's on to the next