South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (The Captain against that Cox man)

Southtowner

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Are you talking about the things they wear on their heads to keep sweat from running down their eyes? I think that’s what those are for. I saw some last week as well.  Boyd had one young man that was at it all night long.  I agree our players better just walk away from those situations.  

No I was talking about the  long rags hanging out the back of the helmet.   Boyds coach should have taken care of that matter with that player on his team alot sooner. He sure got lit up on that kick off though. 

46 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Well they are the exception

Now big guy, you know how rivalry games can go in this series. It’s a week early, but I have to say SP should be favored by 2-3 scores next week. That doesn’t mean it will happen. It just means based on looking at some scores that’s what most would expect. On paper Marion should have beat us soundly in 2016, but it didn’t turn out that way. That ball bounces funny sometime. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Now big guy, you know how rivalry games can go in this series. It’s a week early, but I have to say SP should be favored by 2-3 scores next week. That doesn’t mean it will happen. It just means based on looking at some scores that’s what most would expect. On paper Marion should have beat us soundly in 2016, but it didn’t turn out that way. That ball bounces funny sometime. 

They better find some other d lineman to show up in jasper

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Southtowner said:

I went ahead and created this website for all my Pirate friends, family and anyone else to talk about our region game coming up against those Sale Creek boys and anything else yall wanna talk about.  PirateMike I looked for you tonight but I didn't see you.  I see D60 is back down on the field taking those fantastic pictures of his. I was wondering if that Sherrill man didn't want him in his pressbox and demoted him back down to general population?  Thoughts?

That Riley man what runs the local paper started begging me to come back about six months ago, and I finally relented.  I must admit I missed taking pictures.  But now I won't get to sit in that new pressbox with that new heat pump/schmeat pump.

And someday you're gonna have to give me a lesson on how to post pictures.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sportman said:

Not much about the game except another beat down on the way. The only thing to worry about is injuries.  Got to get some of the younger ones in earlier. So what if a team scores on us, get them back ups alot more playing time.  Ok, I have to comment on this. It seem's like we have a few player's trying to look pretty on the team with the head scarfs and towels. To me they look so stupid and don't belong on the field.  The center I can see with one on his tail for the QB but Vic needs to take care of this matter. I guarantee you his Dad wouldn't have allowed all this to go on. Also we have a couple that like to yep alot. Keep doing that and we'll get penalized and maybe if they get two of them they will get kicked out of the game. You have to keep your emotions in check and take out your frustrations out on the next play the legal way.  It want cost us against these bad team's but it could cost us a game in the future if it's not fixxed asap!!!

Agreed.  Vic needs to nip this in the bud.  This is the same thing that kept Tim's team from winning a state championship.

As far as Boyd - Grant Reynolds would never have allowed that.

Edited by D60

8 minutes ago, D60 said:

Agreed.  Vic needs to nip this in the bud.  This is the same thing that kept Tim's team from winning a state championship.

Glad you know what I was talking about D60. I guess me being old school just brings alot out of me I don't like to see, especially on a football field.  Can you imagine someone coming out to practice with that garb on when Mr. Beene was coach?  OMG!!! LOL!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D60 said:

Exactly!  They got of script in Cookieville and it cost them.  They thought they and their mommies new more than Tim Moore.

• Like 1