Meigs at Sequatchie co

SCPRIDE30

Meigs won last year as a home game 24-7 if memory serves. I'd say we should win by about 3 td's this time around. It's a televised game and I was told Martin just may be back that game our injured starting hb. I do think this will be a competitive game compared to our last 3. At halftime our scores this year have been 34-0, 42-0, and 33-0 last night. That wont be the case this Friday I'm sure,  as the young folk wont see much playtime after the half like they have so far this year as I predict a much closer score at the half. . I hope for an injury free game as usual. Good luck to both teams. Go Tigers!

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Meigs won last year as a home game 24-7 if memory serves. I'd say we should win by about 3 td's this time around. It's a televised game and I was told Martin just may be back that game our injured starting hb. I do think this will be a competitive game compared to our last 3. At halftime our scores this year have been 34-0, 42-0, and 33-0 last night. That wont be the case this Friday I'm sure,  as the young folk wont see much playtime after the half like they have so far this year as I predict a much closer score at the half. . I hope for an injury free game as usual. Good luck to both teams. Go Tigers!

Your like the rest of us,you havent played anyone yet!LOL.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Caine lost us this game last year with the same plays over and over. Then we started throwing the ball late in the 4th and moved it good.  We have threw the ball more this year in 3 games then we have all last season and year before. Got receivers who can catch and a good q.b who has a cannon. Might not be a close game but never know 

Just now, SCPRIDE30 said:

Caine lost us this game last year with the same plays over and over. Then we started throwing the ball late in the 4th and moved it good.  We have threw the ball more this year in 3 games then we have all last season and year before. Got receivers who can catch and a good q.b who has a cannon. Might not be a close game but never know 

We could just as easily lose this game honestly, but we shouldn't considering what we returned from the starting line up. Although we had an impressive win at Cumberland Gap last night Meigs didnt seem as excited this game compared to the first 2 games. I hope they come fired up and ready to lay the lumber on you guys. We really need a team to push us to play from behind some. Really see how bad they want it with scenarios like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We could just as easily lose this game honestly, but we shouldn't considering what we returned from the starting line up. Although we had an impressive win at Cumberland Gap last night Meigs didnt seem as excited this game compared to the first 2 games. I hope they come fired up and ready to lay the lumber on you guys. We really need a team to push us to play from behind some. Really see how bad they want it with scenarios like that.

Why do you think last nights win was impressive?Just a question I KNOW YOU ALL ARE GOOD so dont take it wrong.CG beat Union County notoriously bad football team and Hancock another notoriously bad football team.Cosby has only scored 1 time all season and thats a common opponent of those teams.

41 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If you lose to seq then you have no shot against tyner/watertown/trousdale in the semis, who ever makes it there.  Meigs will win this one big.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Why do you think last nights win was impressive?Just a question I KNOW YOU ALL ARE GOOD so dont take it wrong.CG beat Union County notoriously bad football team and Hancock another notoriously bad football team.Cosby has only scored 1 time all season and thats a common opponent of those teams.

I guess win being impressive was a poor choice words. What I meant is we put up alot of points in 2 quarters considering our team just didnt have the excitement about them that the first region game of the season would normally bring. Again being an away game with a 2.5 hour bus ride may have had alot to do with it. Not to mention some unfavorable referee calls. I look for them to be wound up this game with Sequatchie. 

Edited by Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I guess win being impressive was a poor choice words. What I meant is we put up alot of points in 2 quarters considering our team just didnt have the excitement about them that the first region game of the season would normally bring. Again being an away game with a 2.5 hour bus ride may have had alot to do with it. Not to mention some unfavorable referee calls. I look for them to be wound up this game with Sequatchie. 

I didn’t go to the game but heard it was a dirty game by CG, but we keep our cool, did it get out of hand?

After the Marion game I had the meigs beating Dunlap by a touchdown or two because Dunlap looked awesome against Marion but after watching the game against canon last night. If meigs don’t win by 5 touchdowns I will be surprised. Dunlaps defense is great and will put up a good fight but the offense has a lot of things to work on after last night. Dunlap is very unsteady early on this season, so it’s hard to guess the score because Dunlap is on and off.

10 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I didn’t go to the game but heard it was a dirty game by CG, but we keep our cool, did it get out of hand?

Not terribly bad no. Most calls were just silly ones like a 2-3 yard bad spot or a removal of a player from the field when someone deliberately pulled a helmet off while in the view of a referee and stuff like that. CG for the most part kept their cool considering how quickly they fell behind. Alot of butthurt ensues and tempers flare when a team gets behind quickly normally. For the most part they were good sports.

Edited by Imthayeti

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Not terribly bad no. Most calls were just silly ones like a 2-3 yard bad spot or a removal of a player from the field when someone deliberately pulled a helmet off while in the view of a referee and stuff like that. CG for the most part kept their cool considering how quickly they fell behind. Alot of butthurt ensues and tempers flare when a team gets behind quickly normally. For the most part they were good sports.

Just heard a player got kicked when he was on the ground, at least that’s what the radio guys said. Thanks