DCA....

DillonPanthers1

Paul Wade is a good coach but if you don't have any real talent in the school its going to be difficult to win.  Let's be honest if a kid is a really good football player and lives in Donelson or Hermitage are they going to attend DCA or test their ability by trying to play 'BIG BOY FOOTBALL" at Brentwood Academy, MBA, CPA, Ensworth, ect…  I completely understand if someone wants to be a big fish in a little pond but most good athletes want to test themselves against the best competition.

10 hours ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

I don't care how you spin it.... If you lose to Republic there is nothing you can say that is good about the current state of the program. No amount of middle schoolers, recruits, ect. 0-10.... It's about to happen.

MOJO

Lol. Seems like youd care more about Wilson County football? 

I can assure nobody associated with the school is anything but positive about the future. Everybody knew what this year would be like and still the stands were full, lots of popcorn was eaten, and plenty of smiles knowing CPW is back home.

A young team with 0 returning starters or kids who played meaningful minutes the last two years will have to grow and learn this year. Four turnovers and other errors last night will be corrected. Future looks great! Two years and they will be very competitve with the division.

Future looks great and the five balls in the trophy case will possibly grow. 

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol. Seems like youd care more about Wilson County football? 

I can assure nobody associated with the school is anything but positive about the future. Everybody knew what this year would be like and still the stands were full, lots of popcorn was eaten, and plenty of smiles knowing CPW is back home.

A young team with 0 returning starters or kids who played meaningful minutes the last two years will have to grow and learn this year. Four turnovers and other errors last night will be corrected. Future looks great! Two years and they will be very competitve with the division.

Future looks great and the five balls in the trophy case will possibly grow. 

This is not true, I know more then a few people over in the Donelson area who are concerned on multiple fronts. The talent is not anywhere near what you are claiming it is in the lower grades and they are worried that Coach Wade wont be there for long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

This is not true, I know more then a few people over in the Donelson area who are concerned on multiple fronts. The talent is not anywhere near what you are claiming it is in the lower grades and they are worried that Coach Wade wont be there for long.

You are making that up. Im 100% certain of that. Also, CPW is 50 years old and back home.  

Edit: You were also wrong about affording CPW without “big time” donors in the other thread. Lol

2nd edit: I went back and looked at the other thread and you were essentially wrong with each post. Lol

Edited by Playerscoach

14 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

You are making that up. Im 100% certain of that. Also, CPW is 50 years old and back home.  

Edit: You were also wrong about affording CPW without “big time” donors in the other thread. Lol

2nd edit: I went back and looked at the other thread and you were essentially wrong with each post. Lol

I fully understand that DCA is happy with the return of Paul Wade as they should be.  However, other schools have big financial backers also and just because Paul grew up in the Bonnas and played at DuPont does not mean he would not leave for another opportunity.  Let's remember that the Frist Family backs Ensworth to the tune of paying Ricky Bowers over 600K each year to teach and coach.  MBA just received a donation in excess of 100 million.  Both The Baylor School and The McCallie School have larger endowments than MBA and Ensworth.  The point being money talks and BS walks.  If one of these large prep schools really want to hire Paul Wade they will hire him and there is little DCA would be able to do to match the financial package.  Now will one of those affluent schools go after Paul, who knows and only time will tell.

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I fully understand that DCA is happy with the return of Paul Wade as they should be.  However, other schools have big financial backers also and just because Paul grew up in the Bonnas and played at DuPont does not mean he would not leave for another opportunity.  Let's remember that the Frist Family backs Ensworth to the tune of paying Ricky Bowers over 600K each year to teach and coach.  MBA just received a donation in excess of 100 million.  Both The Baylor School and The McCallie School have larger endowments than MBA and Ensworth.  The point being money talks and BS walks.  If one of these large prep schools really want to hire Paul Wade they will hire him and there is little DCA would be able to do to match the financial package.  Now will one of those affluent schools go after Paul, who knows and only time will tell.

You are correct. However, your comments have zero relationship to the claim made by our friend in this thread who claimed “big money donors” were why CPW was going to DCA. That simply didnt happen and frankly most the posts he made in that thread were proven equally wrong.

Whats funny to me is the continued noise and criticisms of DCA are all coming from rival programs. I mean, its pretty obvious from Lebanon, to Madison, and all over the mid TN area folks are understandably concerned about CPW. Honestly I would be too but the difference is I wouldnt bash another school and make stuff up. I would work on helping my own school to improve just like I did for CPW.

CPW has been on the job for less than three months and has done a fantastic job showing the kids, parents, faculty, and staff his vision for the program. The 50 MS players have been promoted as the future and once again the hallways are filled with kids excited about playing on Joe Patterson field. Heck, lots of kids and parents in the Old Hickory, Hermitage, Donelson, and Mt Juliet are very interested  in DCA now because of CPW. Coach Goodwin did an outstanding job for three decades and peole are excited Coach Wade will continue that tradition. Wins and losses this season will have no bearing on that. 

The future looks great!