CPA 38 Ensworth 28

Mothman26

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Ensworth has never had a ton of depth and I don't remember them ever having a true QB.  They have always just put an athlete in the QB position and had them make plays.  

I disagree, cbg. Were you at the game? Ensworth's QB came out throwing the ball. mostly hot routes to try and get the athletes out in space with room to run. They underestimated CPA's defensive speed, and couldn't beat them running wide or short passes. So they did throw downfield some and actually their QB made some really nice throws. The only score for EN in the first half was an 85 yard catch and run that was thrown about 35 yards. They did do some wildcat direct snaps to the speed running back but again CPA did not give up much to that.

Bottom line, CPA was the better team. More balanced, more disciplined and in better condition. The game was very long because of TV (started 15 minutes late) and because of play stoppage for Ensworth injuries and about 7-8 EN players cramping up on the field.
IMO, Ensworth offensive scheme was faulty. They should have attacked the middle of the defensive line with their power backs. That was the only place CPA was vulnerable and it showed on a couple of EN drives.

CPA looked VERY good. Will be a contender for state.

2 hours ago, CPA4Ever said:

I disagree, cbg. Were you at the game? Ensworth's QB came out throwing the ball. mostly hot routes to try and get the athletes out in space with room to run. They underestimated CPA's defensive speed, and couldn't beat them running wide or short passes. So they did throw downfield some and actually their QB made some really nice throws. The only score for EN in the first half was an 85 yard catch and run that was thrown about 35 yards. They did do some wildcat direct snaps to the speed running back but again CPA did not give up much to that.

Bottom line, CPA was the better team. More balanced, more disciplined and in better condition. The game was very long because of TV (started 15 minutes late) and because of play stoppage for Ensworth injuries and about 7-8 EN players cramping up on the field.
IMO, Ensworth offensive scheme was faulty. They should have attacked the middle of the defensive line with their power backs. That was the only place CPA was vulnerable and it showed on a couple of EN drives.

CPA looked VERY good. Will be a contender for state.

Yes, I watched the game!  CPA is a good team but Ensworth does not and really has never had a true QB that could play at the next level.  The truth is the only true QB Ricky Bowers ever had at MBA or Ensworth was Ingle Martin.   I don't care how many times they throw the ball the Ensworth QB is not nearly as good as the CPA QB.  

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

Yes, I watched the game!  CPA is a good team but Ensworth does not and really has never had a true QB that could play at the next level.  The truth is the only true QB Ricky Bowers ever had at MBA or Ensworth was Ingle Martin.   I don't care how many times they throw the ball the Ensworth QB is not nearly as good as the CPA QB.  

Ur somewhat correct last year ensworths starter is now playing I think safety or wide receiver at GT. The only time they really got something on the passing game is just letting their speedy wide receivers go deep and make a play and throwing to the big TE over the middle 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cbg said:

Ensworth has never had a ton of depth and I don't remember them ever having a true QB.  They have always just put an athlete in the QB position and had them make plays.  

cbg lacks historical perspective...The first 3-4 QBs in the EHS program history all went to the next level as QBs, the most recent one to do so seems to be doing a serviceable job as QB (https://rhodeslynx.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6020 ) based on his national stats last yr...more recently you’re comment closer to being on point (although King mainly played WR last yr).  

Ensworth QB position looks in goods hands this year w/ more creativity than in the past few years when The O was more average w/o home run hitters in the backfield....too bad #4 wasn’t well enough to carry it 15-20 times last night. CPA commenter lacks appreciation for EHs inexperience up front, thus that’s why the initial game plan wasn’t going to attack the middle...:CPA QB really impressed with his legs though, he also has a great WR corp....depth will remain an issue as long as Ensworth wants to play up a level.

6 hours ago, Blackswan said:

Ensworth QB position looks in goods hands this year w/ more creativity than in the past few years when The O was more average w/o home run hitters in the backfield....too bad #4 wasn’t well enough to carry it 15-20 times last night. CPA commenter lacks appreciation for EHs inexperience up front, thus that’s why the initial game plan wasn’t going to attack the middle...: 

Lacking appreciation for EHS experience up front has nothing to do with it. The fact remains that EHS was effective running between the tackles, especially No.32 who CPA really had trouble tackling. In the second half when their offensive got going it was primarily due to the inside running game.

Yep, and they stuck with it. But I’m not surprised this wasn’t Plan A (run right at CPAs talented backers in Game #2 with 5 starters on o-line that have: 1) only one career start under their belts at the high school level,  or 2) are playing out of natural position...that’s all