Fulton @ Powell

92Dragon

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Folks, I don't normally get on here to talk about posters or their comments, so don't take this as I'm trying to step on any toes. I've known HTV for 41 years. During that time, as a result of his work in the community and with various schools, he's developed a lot of close ties with the media and (pretty much) all of the coaches throughout the area. If he has something to say on a subject, you can probably take it to the bank that it's factual. You may not like the way it's presented sometimes, but that doesn't change facts.  

I echo dawgs' thoughts as well.

5 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Folks, I don't normally get on here to talk about posters or their comments, so don't take this as I'm trying to step on any toes. I've known HTV for 41 years. During that time, as a result of his work in the community and with various schools, he's developed a lot of close ties with the media and (pretty much) all of the coaches throughout the area. If he has something to say on a subject, you can probably take it to the bank that it's factual. You may not like the way it's presented sometimes, but that doesn't change facts. 

Which poster or post are you responding to. What comments are you responding to.

BigTime, I wasn't responding to any particular post, I read all posts and don't really pay attention to who posts them. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I was just expressing an opinion about a person I know. I believe what he says. You base your opinions on what you believe, and that's fine. I'm not on here to feud with anyone and won't. I enjoy reading the ALL post. If I offended you or any other poster, I apologize and say "keep posting"

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

BigTime, I wasn't responding to any particular post, I read all posts and don't really pay attention to who posts them. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I was just expressing an opinion about a person I know. I believe what he says. You base your opinions on what you believe, and that's fine. I'm not on here to feud with anyone and won't. I enjoy reading the ALL post. If I offended you or any other poster, I apologize and say "keep posting"

Well dog, no need to apologize. You did not offend me. HTV did no offend me either. He responded to my post with an  response and answer that had nothing to do with my post. Thats why l asked what post or poster you were responding to. He did not respond to my post about illegal recruiting. I really did not really expect HTV to respond, and that  non response gives me an  explanation and answer on why he did not specifically answer my post. Sure HTV knows a lot about high school football in the Knoxville area. I don't refute that.                     Sometime people don't respond to a post with  a specific response, but with something off the subject. To me that means that a response to a specific post would be crossing a line that someone does not want to cross. That is exactly what l said would probably happen. No one is required, or ordered to respond to a post or poster. But with saying that someone knows the truth and has the connections and they don't respond to that specific post? Like l said, l already have my answer.

21 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well dog, no need to apologize. You did not offend me. HTV did no offend me either. He responded to my post with an  response and answer that had nothing to do with my post. Thats why l asked what post or poster you were responding to. He did not respond to my post about illegal recruiting. I really did not really expect HTV to respond, and that  non response gives me an  explanation and answer on why he did not specifically answer my post. Sure HTV knows a lot about high school football in the Knoxville area. I don't refute that.                     Sometime people don't respond to a post with  a specific response, but with something off the subject. To me that means that a response to a specific post would be crossing a line that someone does not want to cross. That is exactly what l said would probably happen. No one is required, or ordered to respond to a post or poster. But with saying that someone knows the truth and has the connections and they don't respond to that specific post? Like l said, l already have my answer.

Big Time, are you an attorney?  I can't follow all that.  I'm confused.  Lol.  Bottom line is that we all know when guys on a team are not zoned for that school.  It happens.  Not that one school is any worse than another.  For TSSAA to get involved it has to be a big time recruit that has changed schools multiple times and they are just overwhelmed with complaints and forced to take action.  Knox County is really interesting because you have 13 high schools.  I've seen kids that live across the street from school A, that play for school B on school A's home field and then walk home.  Does that make sense?  Don't make it right.  But it happens.  

44 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Big Time, are you an attorney?  I can't follow all that.  I'm confused.  Lol.  Bottom line is that we all know when guys on a team are not zoned for that school.  It happens.  Not that one school is any worse than another.  For TSSAA to get involved it has to be a big time recruit that has changed schools multiple times and they are just overwhelmed with complaints and forced to take action.  Knox County is really interesting because you have 13 high schools.  I've seen kids that live across the street from school A, that play for school B on school A's home field and then walk home.  Does that make sense?  Don't make it right.  But it happens.  

Hey Cat, sorry you can't follow all of that. Have you read all of my post on this thread. I never said it doesn't happen. And it does not have to be a big time recruit. One school in Knoxville got caught one time and it was not a big time recruit. Cost them some games and some probation. I guess people just want to forget about it. T$$AA does not put much stock in people ( l mean people not in an official  school capacity, HC,AC, AD, teacher etc. )calling and complaining or offering information on illegal recruiting. People that know HC, AC, AD, etc. and are connected to who is using the gray areas would probably know about illegal recruiting practices and violations. One thing l know about high school coaches, they talk about illegal recruiting and gray areas.                                              I am not a lawyer.

19 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey Cat, sorry you can't follow all of that. Have you read all of my post on this thread. I never said it doesn't happen. And it does not have to be a big time recruit. One school in Knoxville got caught one time and it was not a big time recruit. Cost them some games and some probation. I guess people just want to forget about it. T$$AA does not put much stock in people ( l mean people not in an official  school capacity, HC,AC, AD, teacher etc. )calling and complaining or offering information on illegal recruiting. People that know HC, AC, AD, etc. and are connected to who is using the gray areas would probably know about illegal recruiting practices and violations. One thing l know about high school coaches, they talk about illegal recruiting and gray areas.                                              I am not a lawyer.

Yeah I have read the thread.  I know what you're sayin'.  Fair enough.  I don't have a dog in this fight.  I just love high school ball.  It ain't a perfect system.  Bad thing is we wait all year for this and then all the sudden it's half way over.  

I think we all can agree that Friday nights are a passion to us all. During the week my gut burns for Friday night to get here. I'd rather watch a high school or college game any day than a NFL game. Last one I saw was Peyton's last game. My son played and now coaches. The fire just keeps burning! Good luck to Matt and the Panthers tonight. And injury free games to all!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 6:28 PM, ClarkGriswild said:

you dont know ####

Yes, I know. 

If you have other info then spill it. Otherwise you like an idiot. 

And an edit:  So, you actually believe that he was fired for "cheating", yet he was eligible for rehire by Knox County Schools?   That just doesn't pass the smell test.  

Edited by HTV