Covington @ McNairy County week 3

CHARGERFAN

Covington takes the first road trip of the season, and as far as I know, the first visit to McNairy County ever.

The Chargers are ranked # 2 in the AP poll and # 3 In Max-Preps. We will be favored in this game, but I'm sure the coaching staff will be focused on keeping the team away from overconfidence. 

What's the thinking here?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Covington by 35+ depending on how long they leave starters in. McNairy offense has struggled badly to begin the season and with their top RB out, they lost their biggest threat. I believe the defense will struggle with good teams. I'm not sure they will make playoffs, even Bolivar is a toss up if their offense don't get going.

I thought McNairy looked much improved. What Bobcat fans need to understand is that Covington is ranked #2 in the state for a reason. Our senior QB is in his fourth year as a starter. He's now the all-time leading passer for Covington. We may never be this good again, but our team is on a roll. 

Don't get too down on your team. Covington has scored on everyone (55-14, 41-7, and now 42-7).