RHS Defence

RHSPanther15

On August 27, 2018 at 12:00 AM, RHSPanther15 said:

is the panthers d good enough to give waverly a shot in region 7 2A they shut out lexington and held obion to 7 which are two 4A teams 

Defense has done great. I'm sure the effort n determination will b there all season but ultimately it comes down to match ups. 

I don't think so at this point. Like Bigpun54 said, it's matchups, and I think that RHS's strength (defense) plays into Waverly's strength, which is an awesome offense. Riverside has to develop a stronger scoring attack to keep up with what Waverly will manage against their stingy defense, because they will score. Believe me, I am aware that the Panthers D is very good, but the Tigers have a multi dimensional attack, and will manage to score a respectable amount against almost anyone. 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:00 AM, RHSPanther15 said:

is the panthers d good enough to give waverly a shot in region 7 2A they shut out lexington and held obion to 7 which are two 4A teams 

Being 4A really dont mean anything. Your defense will not be able to slow waverly down. Yes I know, Im sorry also. It is what it is bud!

2 hours ago, @38320 said:

Speaking of defense, and a little offense too, how many of Waverly's players have quit since the Huntingdon game and what's up over there? Rumor around Camdentowne is some of the Wavo parents are having their boys actually quit the team. 

Wow!

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Being 4A really dont mean anything. Your defense will not be able to slow waverly down. Yes I know, Im sorry also. It is what it is bud!

It does mean something when you hold two schools twice as big known for their rushing attack for less than 100 yards. But yes waverly totally different animal. They put up numbers n do it consistently. Completely different bgame. But right now the panthers just focusing on Waynesboro. A traditional good physical team. Worry about the Tigers later. 

9 hours ago, @38320 said:

Speaking of defense, and a little offense too, how many of Waverly's players have quit since the Huntingdon game and what's up over there? Rumor around Camdentowne is some of the Wavo parents are having their boys actually quit the team. 

Lol...you need to get your facts right. Some of you guys need to try and worry about beating a very good football team and not try to worry about what you hear about kids and their parents. Waverly is just fine. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 12:00 AM, RHSPanther15 said:

I don’t think Lexington is very impressive this season, and unless  Obion is much improved they aren’t a very good measuring stick.