JV ....what's the deal?

youngod

Just a question or maybe an observation.  I've noticed this year that in almost all of the scrimmages, 7on7s,  CA has played in and in the JV games, teams have left their "1st teams" in when CA was playing 2nd and 3rd teams.  I realize that if a coach feels like his "firsts" in varsity or in jv need the work that's the place to get it.  But what is difficult for me to understand is that there maybe 30-40 other boys on the sideline that never get to touch the field.  We all realize that there may be players who never see Friday nights, so why not let them have some time in a scrimmage or jv game?  

I am interested in your thoughts.

• Like 1

I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I have been to all the Lewis County JV and Freshmen games so far including last week with CA. LC has a pretty large group that plays JV, with 26 freshmen and 13 sophomores on the roster. There were no "1st teamers" playing when CA visited, and only a handful of Jrs dressed. We have seen other teams that gave significant time to players that play a large number of snaps on Fridays, so I do see where you are coming from.

7 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Seems like you're bragging about CA to me. "Our second and third teamers can whoop your first string," etc

See you at The Rock on 9/14

Ummm nope!  Did I say we won???  Im just pointing out a fact that late in a scrimmage or a jv game you tend to see a lot of other younger players.  I've seen a lot of teams keeping in their starting teams all night.  Again, maybe the coach thought they needed the work.  Im just thinking about the other 30+ kids on the sideline that will never get to play.

And btw, looking forward to being there.  Should be very interesting!!

Edited by youngod

2 minutes ago, youngod said:

Ummm nope!  Did I say we won???  Im just pointing out a fact that late in a scrimmage or a jv game you tend to see a lot of other younger players.  I've seen a lot of teams keeping in their starting teams all night.  Again, maybe the coach thought they needed the work.  Im just thinking about the other 30+ kids on the sideline that will never get to play.

And btw, looking forward to being there.  Should be very interesting!!

Times are a changing friend,you are so correct!!! These are "development" games only! Let those young men that may never see a Varsity start have a piece of gridiron glory!!!!! When I played we weren't worried about who was undefeated in middle school or J.V. !!!!! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Seems like you're bragging about CA to me. "Our second and third teamers can whoop your first string," etc

See you at The Rock on 9/14

your post is cracking me up.

youngod did not mentioned anything about winning or losing. It's all about wondering if schools/coaches are more interested in winning JV and scrimmage games that developing their younger players. 

• Like 1